what can be done to stop asher roth?

2»

Comments

• somebody needs to write an rap article (see: message board post) about blog payola, the sudden influx of these unknown blog rappers and the benzino effect.

would probably make for an interesting read that i wouldnt be bothered to care about.

yeah, but even so, its just advertising which is always done subversively to steer the pop market. Certainly no need to get upset by the pop acts as it is easier than ever to find music you like.

What I've realized, and what people are concerned about, is that lots of people like music because it is popular, but still have ears and want the popular music to be of decent merits. On the flip side you have nerdy dudes who like music because it is unpopular. They are two sides to the same coin.

• i don't mind this song (college, right?). its a little too afro man for my taste, but, as someone who's dj'd quite a bit of college parties in the past, i'd rather hear frat guys go nuts for this song than sing along to whatever rap record yelling out the n word. its authentically a lazy white frat guy song. let them have their anthem.

• I really don't think anyone needs to worry about Asher Roth.

• I'm looking forward to witnessing his artistic trajectory.

I Love College Volumes 1 - 10

Trapped in the College

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i don't mind this song (college, right?). its a little too afro man for my taste, but, as someone who's dj'd quite a bit of college parties in the past, i'd rather hear frat guys go nuts for this song than sing along to whatever rap record yelling out the n word. its authentically a lazy white frat guy song. let them have their anthem.

why are posts like this only turning up when its some bullshit like this. where were all you dudes when folks were here dumping on soulja boy. btw 'turn my swag on' is a 9million times hotter song than anything this dude has done

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    yet another arteest that i have never heard of. first chris brown now this fellow. my head in the sand techniques appear to be working!

now to grow a pointy mustache and wear suspenders.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You seriously expect us to believe you don't already wear suspenders?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I'm looking forward to witnessing his artistic trajectory.

Trapped in the College

This has potential.

"I took out my pencil....I looked at the Scantron....filled in the bubbles"

Trapped in the College

This has potential.

"I took out my pencil....I looked at the Scantron....filled in the bubbles"

"i got a wrong answer...i tried to erase it...DAMN, why does the lead always smear?"

• who is asher roth?

judging by the first few posts i'm doing pretty well then

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I don't mind the guy. Let him do his thing.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    What Weezer samples aren't Soul Strut approved?
    The hip-hop show Street Sounds on KEXP here in Seattle set a show
    off with that "I Love College" song a few weeks ago, I thought it was a new
    Eminem track. If B-Mello approves then so do I!

Is that a Weezer sample, then. Chords sounded like "Sexual Healing" to me.

When he blows up, as he surely will, the mainstream media can breath a sigh of relief in the knowledge that here's a rapper they can cover who isn't going to give them too many ethical or ideological headaches.

• soulja boy. btw 'turn my swag on' is a 9million times hotter song than anything this dude has done

"Turn My Swag On" is so damn catchy. That shit stays in my head all day when I hear it (i'm not complaining..I like the song. Just sayin').

• And btw, that College song by Asher Roth is f*cking horrible. But I hate that whole college frat boy scene to begin with..much less a corny ass Eminem clone rapping about the shit.