what can be done to stop asher roth?

deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
serious q

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The fact that you even care enough about Roth to post this is part of the problem.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    would have preferred Drama stuck with promoting new LA the Darkman

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    would have preferred Drama stuck with promoting new LA the Darkman

YES! GunRule 4 LYFE.

• Luckily I've found it pretty easy to ignore this man.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Nothing can be done at this point, i heard "I love college" the other day on the big "hip hop" station out here and that shit is gonna be huge.

peace,xavier

• They play that shit all the time on power 107 or whatever here in LA...

KEG STANDS!!!!!!

who cares really though... i'd rather hear this than some auto tuned bullshit.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Why are you hating? Seriously. Dude's making music, maybe it's not for you, so then don't listen.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Why are you hating? Seriously. Dude's making music, maybe it's not for you, so then don't listen.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    What Weezer samples aren't Soul Strut approved?
    The hip-hop show Street Sounds on KEXP here in Seattle set a show
    off with that "I Love College" song a few weeks ago, I thought it was a new
    Eminem track. If B-Mello approves then so do I!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

hippies

• I've only heard snippets of his songs but I really don't understand how Eminem allows this dude to exist. It's not just the white thing either. HoLmes sounds just like him!

Not hating, just sayin'...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

hippies

Internet temper tantrum.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I've only heard snippets of his songs but I really don't understand how Eminem allows this dude to exist. It's not just the white thing either. HoLmes sounds just like him!

I guess because most people just figures that means he "sounds white"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    somebody needs to write an rap article (see: message board post) about blog payola, the sudden influx of these unknown blog rappers and the benzino effect.

would probably make for an interesting read that i wouldnt be bothered to care about.
    i agree wholeheartedly with this post
    naming names

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I've only heard snippets of his songs but I really don't understand how Eminem allows this dude to exist. It's not just the white thing either. HoLmes sounds just like him!

Not hating, just sayin'...

That's what I was saying in that first AR thread. It's one thing if you want to sound like Biggie because he's not around to respond. I'm hoping Em just comes out with some scathing dis tracks and shuts this dude's shit down. That's all it would take.

I would let Roth's glaring Eminem steez-jacking slide if he was any good. I would also accept his wackness if he sounded original. But being a wack-ass mimic is not acceptable.

• i've also been wondering about an eminem dis track. perhaps eminem is waiting for roth to blow up for real before he does something like that. a dis track that targets a dude with a certified hit will get more attention than a dis track aimed at a dude that's about to blow up.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i'd rather hear this than some auto tuned bullshit.

• i'd rather hear this than some auto tuned bullshit.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Surely removing him from the Strut approved underground rap classics thread would be a good start?

• I also think that this just the beginning of the new influx of douche-bag rap.

I think it may have started when crunk started trying to party like a rock star and the movement is about come full force starting with "I like college" and "We In Miami Bitch".

Start getting your sperry's and polos ready for the clurb, because douchebags are taking over the 09.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I also think that this just the beginning of the new influx of douche-bag rap.

I feel old and cynical, and I need a hit of Geto Boys "It Aint Shit" to re-set my levels.

• would have preferred Drama stuck with promoting Willie the Kid[/b]

• i'd rather hear this than some auto tuned bullshit.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I'd rather listen to Asher Roth than Eminem right now
    Crack The Bottle's chorus = ear torture.

• DOUCHE BAG CRUNK SCREAMO RAP
    DBAG TAKEOVER

• I also think that this just the beginning of the new influx of douche-bag rap.

I feel old and cynical, and I need a hit of Geto Boys "It Aint Shit" to re-set my levels.

Don't fret Big Mike to the rescue!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    would have preferred Drama stuck with promoting Willie the Kid[/b]

La's cousin! And my homie from high school!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I also think that this just the beginning of the new influx of douche-bag rap.

Don't fret Big Mike to the rescue!
    this is the shit

• somebody needs to write an rap article (see: message board post) about blog payola, the sudden influx of these unknown blog rappers and the benzino effect.

would probably make for an interesting read that i wouldnt be bothered to care about.

yeah, but even so, its just advertising which is always done subversively to steer the pop market. Certainly no need to get upset by the pop acts as it is easier than ever to find music you like.