Day 'n' Nite

13»

Comments

• this shit is definitely better than t-pain

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    sounds like some emo-soul/rap music

That's what's wrong with it.

There's undeniably a market for this kind of thing, i.e., people who want to like rap, but who aren't comfortable with certain idiomatic aspects of it, very few of which are evident in this Kid Cudi record and others broadly similar to it. It may not be the biggest market, but it's been big enough to make Kanye an international star, and beside, in the current climate, I'd imagine most labels will be happy to sell any records at all.

it's a three minute song that feels like six

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Add that to the fact that he can't sing at all

Well, he's hardly unique amongst rappers there, is he?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

There's undeniably a market for this kind of thing, i.e., people who want to like rap, but who aren't comfortable with certain idiomatic aspects of it, very few of which are evident in this Kid Cudi record and others broadly similar to it. It may not be the biggest market, but it's been big enough to make Kanye an international star, and beside, in the current climate, I'd imagine most labels will be happy to sell any records at all.
    i think people who like rap, unapologetically, are feeling this record

• See I am not saying that "this is for people who don't really like rap" or some such... I just think it's kind of a bad song. Something annoys me about it.

But then again, I am a lonely stoner who tones my bone at home.

• This is a middling song that is neither worthy of high praise or hate.

this shit is definitely better than:

t-pain - no
    akon - naw
    flo-rida - nope
    santogold - no
    MIA - hell naw!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I haven't heard it in a week, but I'm not sure if it's even rap at all.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    its not rap

its not better than akon or tpain or even santogold

i like the song more than any MIA tracks ive heard but i understand why ppl invested in MIA would disagree

• I like this song. I think I heard it at the strip club.

This thread >>>> Kid Cudi.

i think people who like rap, unapologetically, are feeling this record

Perhaps some of them are. But I still think it'll hit bigger with the less "committed" rap fan.

• Dang. I had hopes that this was some sorta twisted Al B. Sure thread and that faux_rillz was on some falsetto love type chit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I saw dude live a few months ago because Kanye was supposed to be there but Kanye didn't show. I think it was right after his mixtape dropped or something. Not really my kind of rap at all but dude put on a pretty good show and crowd knew all the songs somehow.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Not really my kind of rap at all

...but you were there to see kanye?

• OMG I LOVE KID CUTIE, HE IS SO DEEP AND WEIRD! 420

nah..good song, imo. Definitely on some refusing to burn out a la Paper Planes shit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Not really my kind of rap at all

...but you were there to see kanye?
    I wanted to get a drop and a new avatar picture.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

But then again, I am a lonely stoner who tones my bone at home.

• EXACTLY

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dont really mind it.

You gotta admit its catchy.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• Upgrade

• KID CUDI VALIDATED!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I don't really like that new Kid Cudi song, but that move he pulled creating his own Transformers trailer is pretty damn genius.