Day 'n' Nite

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Hold the phoneThe lonely stoner, mr. solo doloHe's on the move, can't seem to shake the shadeWithin his dreams he sees the life he madeThe pain is deepA silent sleeper, you won't hear a peep Are you dudes checking for this foolishness?Just curious.

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Who is it by,is it big in the blogesphere?

I just downloaded Dj Drama & Gucci Mane - The Movie
    I know you're proud of me.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I just downloaded Dj Drama & Gucci Mane - The Movie
    I know you're proud of me.

Yes, I am

Who is it by,is it big in the blogesphere?

Kid Cudi

I heard it on the radio three times today, which would seem to indicate that it is played out in the blogosphere.

Ok cool i'm not up on him yet

• It's one of the bigger songs right now. Was/is huge in the blogosphere but now is in Becky Territory.

I like one other song by him but everything else hasn't been as good as Day N Nite. And yes, that means I enjoy it.

b/w

What's been good, D*niel?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    day n nite is cool enough. i like it more than most of that kanye album & its basically the same thing

continue to hate on the crookers remix tho. shit is so by numbers its obnoxious.

• Terrible. Both mixes.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I caught some people making a fuss over this a while ago and, being that I'm out of every possible loop nowadays, knew nothing about it. So I looked it up on YouTube and was distinctly underwhelmed. The British girl who chews him out at the beginning of the remix video is pretty hot, though. The song doesn't really offend me or anything, but it makes me wish we still had that emo-rap graemlin round here.

*Well, hey, whaddya know, here it is - - thanks, JP!

Rock critics and bloggers who get wound up over Diddy's cologne ads will love it.

• whoa, i didn't know this was a rap song, I've only heard the dance remix.
    I thought it was just a cheap dance song or whatevers.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    whoa, i didn't know this was a rap song, I've only heard the dance remix.

That's what I thought too. Heard it at some parties and was like "Well, this is the new 'Put Your Hands Up For Detroit.'"

I'm not offended by either version, but I'm not checking for it either. I'm hard pressed to call dude a "rapper" when bursts on the scene like this. I guess mediocre singing is the new rapping. No country for old men, fellas.

:emorap:

Good looks. Fixed my post accordingly.

whoa, i didn't know this was a rap song, I've only heard the dance remix.

That's what I thought too. Heard it at some parties and was like "Well, this is the new 'Put Your Hands Up For Detroit.'"

I'm not offended by either version, but I'm not checking for it either. I'm hard pressed to call dude a "rapper" when bursts on the scene like this. I guess mediocre singing is the new rapping. No country for old men, fellas.

Isn't he in Cool Kids or something? I guess they're a rap act. First I heard of this song was when I read an article about "blog-rap" or "blog-hop" or whatever darnfool handle they've given to this new post-Kanye clique of rappers. In the normal order of things, I'd give the swerve to anything described as "blog-hop" on GP, but I guess I still have this thing about making an effort to keep up with what's going on. But yeah, no country for old men indeed (and Harvey can shut the eff up, before he chimes in).

• Wasn't really feelin it.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Check this out starting at 8:48...

• I'm not mad at this video, nor am I mad at this song.

Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite from Leak Jones on Vimeo.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    dont know why faux is hating on this, its one of the few legit hits to come out of this whole corny 'movement'

• Video is tight... song is wack

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Why does this make me think it's a throw away track off of the OG In Search Of...?

Pharrell lite

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    whats wrong w/ the song?

• Corny

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this is one of those songs like "shake & pop" that just seems to supersede all the other club shit in my brain when im leaving @ 4am or whatever -- catchy memorable melody, cool track, annoying remix w/ that grinding bassline noise

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    i think initially the record label dropped the ball on this song. had alot of potential to make alot of dough imo.

seems to be having the paper planes effect.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    whats wrong w/ the song?

i'm with the #1 shawnna reppa on this one. me thinks people are looking for reasons to hatt this song.

hardly the best song in the world, and yes blogosphere buzz can be annoying, but i can't see what is actually wrong with this song. sounds like some emo-soul/rap music with a decent beat and decent hook.

plus he says the word "stoner" like fifty times. urban/rap/soul/whatever music needs more stoners.

• THE LONELY LONER STONES A STONER HOME
    HOMIE HOMER LOANS A TONY TOME
    ROMIE ROAMER LIGHTS A STONEY STONE
    LIGHTS AWAY THE NIGHT WITH FIRE FIGHT
    FIGHT THE LONELY WITH THE STONER LIGHT
    LONER NIGHT IS STONED THE TRULIEST
    I FIGHT THE ICE CREAM CONES WITH DOOBIE CLIPS

man... sorry that shit is garbage. Sounds like college kid

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    it's a three minute song that feels like six

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sounds like some emo-soul/rap music

That's what's wrong with it.

• it's a three minute song that feels like six

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Add that to the fact that he can't sing at all

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    2 weeks ago there was a thread hailing this tune as an underappreciated masterpiece

the remix video with the T&A makes it easier to overlook the lyrics which is a plus