Day 'n' Nite

Comments

• Now do you like it?

• Jimmy's just as bad if not worse

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    "I treat the game just like selling drugs..."

i.e "my cats breath smells like catfood"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You know, different strokes for different folks. This is hardly the best song ever, it is what it is. But I have to really call into question a lot of peoples hate of this song, when there's such riding for some really weak shit out there. We all know what this song is - a hipster backpack record that's well over a year old. But come on, y'all couldn't have picked an easier target?

I treat selling drugs just like my ebay hustle, F*ck a chargeback, weight sent registered only. yayo powerseller, check my purple star. I'm the Craig Moerer of this shit, double prices for consistency. strict grading, mint minus, this shit will make you fly. no cut corners. you small scale, triple beam - I'm Pitney Bowes. turbolisting on the corner

• Are you calling into question my hate of the song? Because I, like, know where you live, and stuff.

• I treat selling drugs just like my ebay hustle, F*ck a chargeback, weight sent registered only. yayo powerseller, check my purple star. I'm the Craig Moerer of this shit, double prices for consistency. strict grading, mint minus, this shit will make you fly. no cut corners. you small scale, triple beam - I'm Pitney Bowes. turbolisting on the corner

I thought Mylatency was stripped of moderator powers? He has clearly haxxored ur account

LULZ

DEALTH

• Now do you like it?

stop that stop that stop that

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Are you calling into question my hate of the song? Because I, like, know where you live, and stuff.

I NEVER QUESTION YOUR MOTIVES MY FRIEND!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    You know, different strokes for different folks. This is hardly the best song ever, it is what it is. But I have to really call into question a lot of peoples hate of this song, when there's such riding for some really weak shit out there. We all know what this song is - a hipster backpack record that's well over a year old. But come on, y'all couldn't have picked an easier target?

I don't think everyone knows this--I didn't at least. I heard it for the first time a week ago (on Hot 97).

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Song's been out for a hot minute, late 2007 I think. It was A-Trak and our own Nick Catchdubs that put it out. Then dude got swooped up by Kanye. Record bubbled under for a minute, then the Crookers raved out mix blew up, gave the regular "hip-hop" version some life. Anyway, you know a lot of those DJs on Hot 97 F*ck with hipster shit in a major way

• But I have to really call into question a lot of peoples hate of this song, when there's such riding for some really weak shit out there.

soulstrut all day.

• our own Nick Catchdubs

Shit! Nick's gonna put me in a headlock next time we see each other.

• This song is fresh... its a fun song. You guys like wack songs that compromise the music to be fun... yet you can't get down with this one.

Guess im just a lonely stoner who likes to free his mind at night.

Fun beat, fun song... F*ck it. I'd rather hear this than asher roth or any autotuned bullshit.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this is also a legit hit. u go on imeem & some teenager will have this shit next to, like, gucci & rick ross & that one mia song from pineapple express, lol

• Guess im just a lonely stoner who likes to free his mind at night.

That was way corny bro

This song is fresh... its a fun song. You guys like wack songs that compromise the music to be fun... yet you can't get down with this one.

worst poast ever

• This song is fresh... its a fun song. You guys like wack songs that compromise the music to be fun... yet you can't get down with this one.

worst poast ever

I donno man... when u guys ride for soulja boy shit... then hate on this... it just makes it seem like you WANT to be the guy who hates indie oriented shit and are down with gangster or poppy shit.

Like.... Kid Cudi is some pretty cool indie club shit. Now I agree i'd never buy the record but I might play this shit off Microwave and wouldn't be ashamed to do it. I definitely wouldn't say im a fan of Kid Cudi but in all reality... Im not mad at this song... I feel like it generally lacks gimmics and bullshit besides the southern rap hi hat 70bpm stuff. I'd much rather hear this shit then some rehashed baltimore club shit... or some indie rock housey remix.

this shit is definitely better than t-pain, akon, flo-rida, or any other comparable shit. I'd even rather hear this than santogold or MIA. Im sure we can't even agree on that shit either though.

I think the song is well produced. I think its a good record for when it was made and for what it was made for. I think the lyrics are refreshing when put up against all the tired gangster shit or all the stripper shit. The lyrics are a tad emo... but in reality... so am i.

Its not like I agree with you guys about anything else... so whats new.

That was way corny bro

It was supposed to be...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    This song is fresh... its a fun song. You guys like wack songs that compromise the music to be fun... yet you can't get down with this one.

worst poast ever

I donno man... when u guys ride for soulja boy shit... then hate on this... it just makes it seem like you WANT to be the guy who hates indie oriented shit and are down with gangster or poppy shit.

Like.... Kid Cudi is some pretty cool indie club shit. Now I agree i'd never buy the record but I might play this shit off Microwave and wouldn't be ashamed to do it. I definitely wouldn't say im a fan of Kid Cudi but in all reality... Im not mad at this song... I feel like it generally lacks gimmics and bullshit besides the southern rap hi hat 70bpm stuff. I'd much rather hear this shit then some rehashed baltimore club shit... or some indie rock housey remix.

this shit is definitely better than t-pain, akon, flo-rida, or any other comparable shit. I'd even rather hear this than santogold or MIA. Im sure we can't even agree on that shit either though.

I think the song is well produced. I think its a good record for when it was made and for what it was made for. I think the lyrics are refreshing when put up against all the tired gangster shit or all the stripper shit. The lyrics are a tad emo... but in reality... so am i.

Its not like I agree with you guys about anything else... so whats new.

That was way corny bro
    It was supposed to be...
    tl;dr

worst poast ever

Like.... Kid Cudi is some pretty cool indie club shit.

Huh?

What's the distinction here, other than the fact that Soulja Boy makes better music?

Soulja Boy started out releasing his music himself and then signed to a major label... same career trajectory as Kid Cudi.

The lyrics are a tad emo... but in reality... so am i.

• I donno man... I guess i just don't wanna hate on Kid Cudi cause his shit doesn't feel as contrived as the others I listed. F*ck it though...

I think of Soulja Boy's first single... and the many drunken retarded moments I had to that song and I can't really hate. I regret getting wrapped up in this conversation already.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    soulja boy has several hits on kid cudi right now

but i think the reason kanyes boosting cudi & not like, the cool kids, is bcuz cudi has a proven record of actually getting radio play & fan interaction beyond the niche

Soulja Boy has classiques

Kid Cutie does not

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I wonder if Wale will blow up too now....

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    This schitt is terrible.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Fun beat, fun song... F*ck it. I'd rather hear this than asher roth or any autotuned bullshit.

Its wild that you use the word fun four times describing it when it really on some seriously paranoid downtempo shit.

I think its alright though.

Its wild that you use the word fun four times describing it when it really on some seriously paranoid downtempo shit.

I think its alright though.

^^^LONELY STONER WHO SEEMS TO TONE HIS BONES AT NIGHT

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Big in Holland. the remix that is.

my kid likes it, my wife likes it, its a catchy song, thats what it is.