Tuna-Fish Sammich???

13»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    SoulStrut: Where making a tuna fish sandwich becomes a 20-step, half-hour process.

• the quality of the tuna itself is why people prefer oil-packed. tuna dregs gets packed in water for the most part, especially domestically. gritty. when you can get $12 a pound wholesale for fresh albacore, why would you press it into a disk and sell it for 49?? a can? you water tuna down, it tastes like cat food.

ventresca tuna is strictly belly meat. white beans, red onion, lemon, tuna and a crust of bread = lunch.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    SoulStrut: Where making a tuna fish sandwich becomes a 20-step, half-hour process.

Sayin'. Dudes are all about the rare, even with a tuna sandwich. "I shave P??rigord truffles into mine, and include exactly 12 caviar eggs per 3 ounces of tuna. Mix with home-made dodo-egg mayonnaise impregnated with saffron and gypsy tears. It makes a delightful sandwich for an informal weekend luncheon."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    you water tuna down, it tastes like cat food.
    you're not lying - my cats won't go near tuna in oil!

white beans, red onion, lemon, tuna and a crust of bread = lunch.

yummers

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

Sayin'. Dudes are all about the rare, even with a tuna sandwich. "I shave P??rigord truffles into mine, and include exactly 12 caviar eggs per 3 ounces of tuna. Mix with home-made dodo-egg mayonnaise impregnated with saffron and gypsy tears. It makes a delightful sandwich for an informal weekend luncheon."

now we're talkin'

• why just be a music snob? embrace your taste. opening yourself up to any experience, low or highbrow, common or unique, is what allows you to differentiate between likes and dislikes. a true luxury that we should celebrate. only in america do people get so hung up on being ANTI-snobs. that concept doesn't even exist in other countries. snobbery is related to resources, and we're lucky enough to have them available in spades. that shit is really worth respectfully appreciating.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    why just be a music snob? embrace your taste. opening yourself up to any experience, low or highbrow, common or unique, is what allows you to differentiate between likes and dislikes. a true luxury that we should celebrate. only in america do people get so hung up on being ANTI-snobs. that concept doesn't even exist in other countries. snobbery is related to resources, and we're lucky enough to have them available in spades. that shit is really worth respectfully appreciating.

It's more the idea of taking a simple pleasure and over-complicating it. If you're looking to go all out and put some serious effort into acquiring quality ingredients and preparing a meal, investing that into a tuna sandwich seems like a waste when you could invest the same money and effort into a more elegant meal. If I'm balling out on saffron, caviar, and truffles, I'm not going to be eating a tuna sandwich at the end of the day.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    why just be a music snob? embrace your taste. opening yourself up to any experience, low or highbrow, common or unique, is what allows you to differentiate between likes and dislikes. a true luxury that we should celebrate. only in america do people get so hung up on being ANTI-snobs. that concept doesn't even exist in other countries. snobbery is related to resources, and we're lucky enough to have them available in spades. that shit is really worth respectfully appreciating.

It's more the idea of taking a simple pleasure and over-complicating it. If you're looking to go all out and put some serious effort into acquiring quality ingredients and preparing a meal, investing that into a tuna sandwich seems like a waste when you could invest the same money and effort into a more elegant meal. If I'm balling out on saffron, caviar, and truffles, I'm not going to be eating a tuna sandwich at the end of the day.

Truffles are supposed to be great with scrambled eggs. Wouldn't be my first choice though.

• yeah i feel you on that, completely. there's levels of appreciation and effort. but for me the simple things, well-made with the best ingredients, will almost always be the most satisfying.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I'm not gonna bother wading through 5 pages of people's tuna recipes.

Mine:

can of tuna, one hard boiled egg, chopped kalamata or nicoise olives, touch of olive oil, dash of salt, and finely chopped cucumber.

Pedestrian? Never that in the kitchen son!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    nicoise olives

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Oh NO! I need to see that movie.

Nice got good food.

• What the hell is wrong with you?

Tuna melt with sliced tomato and jack cheese on whole wheat bread.

Sorry, but the combination of fish and cheese is pretty unappetizing to me, & for some reason I've never been able to stand the combination of tomatoes & fish. It truly disgusts me more than anything else.

Crazy talk. The tuna melt is easily top ten all time for classic sandwiches. I'll occasionally throw a lil' shaved red onion in there as well.

Ohhhhh Ya!, and drop some sunflower seeds on top, and Broil the Frucker... That's it, it's allmost 10 pm and I'm makin' one.

• MUSTARD!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Sandwich man: What can I get you, young man, on this fine afternoon?

Strutter : Can I get a tuna sandwich please?
    Dolphin friendly, natch
    On garlic-infused ciabatta
    Extra mayo
    can you put some dill, some celery, extra red and green peppers
    Shave some parmesan on there please
    some red onion
    russian grapes picked in either may or august
    Can I get some lychees on there
    extra olives, marinated for 10 years in Sicilian virgins' breast milk
    Crush some Twix on there please
    yeah it's looking good
    Can you throw some Mediterranean sea salt on there
    I'm worried it's a bit light on flavour

Sandwich man: that all?

Strutter: one more thing; hold the tuna

• man, y'all can waste your time with these tuna fish recipes if you want to... you need to and get down with the ESCARGOT SAMMICH

• Sandwich man: What can I get you, young man, on this fine afternoon?

Strutter : Can I get a tuna sandwich please?
    Dolphin friendly, natch
    On garlic-infused ciabatta
    Extra mayo
    can you put some dill, some celery, extra red and green peppers
    Shave some parmesan on there please
    some red onion
    russian grapes picked in either may or august
    Can I get some lychees on there
    extra olives, marinated for 10 years in Sicilian virgins' breast milk
    Crush some Twix on there please
    yeah it's looking good
    Can you throw some Mediterranean sea salt on there
    I'm worried it's a bit light on flavour

Sandwich man: that all?

Strutter: one more thing; hold the tuna

Crush some Twix.........

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    co-sine on the poor mn ceviche

i am simple green oignons, slight mayo (pesto or curry optioal)m mad ground peper
    and spicy hummus on dark russian bread toasted and a leaf of roman lettuce

tis all

also tuna in oil (from the can) is ill