Dear youth culture/hip-hop fashion expert....

Comments

• If you like somebody's color scheme, become a fashion or graphic designer and come up with your own shit.

problem solved

• WELL THATS EASY IF I LIKE THE PITTSBURGH "P" AND BLACK/YELLOW COLORWAY, INSTEAD OF JUST BUYING A PIRATES HAT I SHOULD DROP EVERYTHING AND BECOME A FASHION DESIGNER.

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT BEFORE GRADUATING COLLEGE????

• Options
    yup that is it. the p sounds are just doing well.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    WELL THATS EASY IF I LIKE THE PITTSBURGH "P" AND BLACK/YELLOW COLORWAY, INSTEAD OF JUST BUYING A PIRATES HAT I SHOULD DROP EVERYTHING AND BECOME A FASHION DESIGNER.

The alternative is to learn obscure Pirates stats like Dave Parker's career batting average, how big Phil Garner's moustache was, Ed Acosta's ERA and Willie Stargell's shoe size. Take your pick.

...or change your name to Chuck D

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    hilarious thread, i love the strut.

all thats missing in this thread is some sort of reference to offensive team logos. cleveland indians not good...but i think the look of washington redskins is classy. not to hijack, but what's peoples favorite sports logos? for me, its the quebec nordiques

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    WELL THATS EASY IF I LIKE THE PITTSBURGH "P" AND BLACK/YELLOW COLORWAY, INSTEAD OF JUST BUYING A PIRATES HAT I SHOULD DROP EVERYTHING AND BECOME A FASHION DESIGNER.

The alternative is to learn obscure Pirates stats like Dave Parker's career batting average, how big Phil Garner's moustache was, Ed Acosta's ERA and Willie Stargell's shoe size. Take your pick.

...or change your name to Chuck D

GTFOHWTB.

Its a logo.

b/w

Do these teams players come from the regions they play in?

Are the owners homegrown?

Are the hats made in the hometown or in China?

• hilarious thread, i love the strut.

all thats missing in this thread is some sort of reference to offensive team logos. cleveland indians not good...but i think the look of washington redskins is classy. not to hijack, but what's peoples favorite sports logos? for me, its the quebec nordiques

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    hilarious thread, i love the strut.

That's kinda good. If I wasn't so indifferent to hockey, I'd consider it.
    Or maybe I'll consider it despite my indifference.

GTFOHWTB.

Its a logo.

b/w

Do these teams players come from the regions they play in?

Are the owners homegrown?

Are the hats made in the hometown or in China?

You're not a fan of a team.

b/w

Would you wear a Chrysler logo if you only drive BMWs? Do Microsoft employees wear Apple shirts to work?

lo⋅go
       /ˈloʊgoʊ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [loh-goh]
    ???noun, plural -gos.
    1. Also called logotype. a graphic representation or symbol of a company name, trademark, abbreviation, etc., often uniquely designed for ready recognition.

It does not mean, "That shit would look hot with my new kicks".

If you had come up with an argument that made sense, like Pop Art, then you would have been a little closer to making a decent point.

I like the "Are the owners homegrown" question though since the answer, as far as the Steelers are concerned, is YES. But that's straying from the topic.

Plaese to explain the trend of Pittsburgh Pirates hats being worn, at least atop the domes of Atlanta's male youth. I've been observing this for months and cannot for the life of me figure out why. The Pirates have become one of the sorriest franchises in the MLB, most Pittsburgh natives and ex-pats are only seen in Steelers, Penguins, Panthers or Nittany Lions gear, and Public Enemy hasn't been an influence on our youth for about 15 years now.

Why?

So I guess many of the responses in this thread have answered my question. People obviously don't give a shit about what anything means.

• i rocked a kansas city royals fully for a minute last year. kansas city people dont even rep royals hats. i just wanted a blue hat.

If yopu think kids are rockin a Pirates hat because Chuck D did 20 f*ckin years ago, then you have to stop hangin w/ Orange Asshurt and realize that it simply style.

Your fandom is antiquated and you fail to come to terms w/ that.

DILL.

• People obviously don't give a shit about what anything means.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    This dude Craig Rosen that I used to skateboard with rocked Colorado Rockies hats.

• It's my impression that average kid on the skreets nowadays doesn't even give a schitt about baseball, notwithstanding the prevalence of New Era caps.

I was in a hat store last week (I live in Cincinnati) and I overheard the girl behind the counter explaining to two teenagers in the store that the "C" on all the hats behind her stood for "Cincinnati" -

Or I've heard "Let me see that "A" hat..." (referencing an Atlanta Braves hat...)

I might not the most hardcore sports fanatic, but at least I know my teams.

• My P of choice:

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

So only people BORN & RAISED in CHICAGO can wear JORDANS?

no, because nike manufactures them, so the only people who can wear jordans and say they are keeping it real have to be... underpaid asian sweat shop workers[/b]

If yopu think kids are rockin a Pirates hat because Chuck D did 20 f*ckin years ago, then you have to stop hangin w/ Orange Asshurt and realize that it simply style.

Your fandom is antiquated and you fail to come to terms w/ that.

DILL.

You're not getting a late pass. You didn't read my first post, either. I'm not trying to connect this to PE at all.

Plaese to explain the trend of Pittsburgh Pirates hats being worn,Why?

If its not because of style, then maybe im disconnected.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Black people like gold.

Black people like gold.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    and piracy...

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    That looks like the greatest Afro record never made.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    People obviously don't give a shit about what anything means.

I don't follow sports at all and therefore did not wear any clothing that represented a team. I now know that I'm in this crazy new fashion era where I don't even have to know who the logo is for! This is really exciting...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    this is a no brainer yall.... pittsburgh is in the superbowl and steelers hats are ugly

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    So, just so we're clear here, you are all grown men who wear baseball caps when not attending a baseball game?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    At my school P stands for Piru

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    So, just so we're clear here, you are all grown men who wear baseball caps when not attending a baseball game?

That doesn't sound too ridiculous to me. It's not like the sun only shines in your face if you are at a ball game. Or that there is no need to conceal noggin warmth unless...you are watching baseball.

I've always thought that the Pirates hat craze was bleed over from Public Enemy, Paris or the occasional head that respects Roberto Clemente.

I've always been a fan of the OG Brooklyn Dodgers hat:

The "B" is a bit janky looking but I still dig it. Whenever I wear it, people ask if it's an off color red socks hat...

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

Aren't you the dude who still wears Doc Martens?