i need some new hiphop

13»

Comments

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    they did a much better job on the retail version, although i do wish "Do It For You" was on there ...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    seriously, go get slim thug's record. make sure you get the retail version. some people around here were lukewarm on it when it dropped but it's been doing it for me. but i'm from texas so my opinion is what it is ..

oh, dipset is dope and everything, but people outside nyc dont really seem to care ?? i like their shit a lot personally .. just saying

Well I was selling some records to a DJ out here in LA and he pretty much confirmed that view. He doesn't really know anyone that listens to Dipset out here. In fact I said Dipset, and his reaction was who? Once I said Diplomats then he knew who I was talking about and proceeded to laugh. So I dunno, i think its spotty outside of NYC those that are really liking them... just sayin. I will keep researching though.

No, you're right. They're so huge in NY, as well as on the internets and in hipster rags, that I tend to forget that the rest of the country is not feeling them like that.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    R&B, Reggae, etc

Ciara - 1, 2 Step
    Amerie - One Thing
    Amerie - Touch
    Amerie - Love is Off the Chain
    Amerie - Looking At Me
    Lil Mo - Dem Boyz
    Mariah & Jada - We Belong Together remix
    Mariah & Fat Joe - It's Like That remix
    Bobby Valention & Nas - Slow Down remix
    John Legend - Used to Love You
    Teaira Marie - Make Her Feel Good
    Chris Brown & Juelz Santana - Run It
    Ryan Leslie & Snoop Dogg - Just Right
    Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On (Da Producers MPG Groove Remix)
    Jackson 5 - ABC (Salaam Remi crunk remix)
    Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
    Rihanna - Pon De Replay
    TOK - Footprints
    Damian Marley - Welcome to Jamrock
    I Wayne - Never Satisfy Her
    Turbulence - Notorious
    Kopa Riddim
    Applause Riddim
    Stepz Riddim
    Missy, Vybz & MIA - Bad Man
    MIA - Galang
    MIA - Galang (Sunchit Panchal remix)
    MIA - Bucky Done Gun
    MIA - Sunshowers (Diplo Remix)
    Pitbull - Toma
    Daddy Yankee - Lo Que Paso Paso
    Daddy Yankee, Lil Jon - Gasolina Remix
    Daddy Yankee - Machete
    Don Omar - Dale
    Zion Y Lennox - Yo Voy
    Nina Skye & NORE - Oye Mi Canto

Damn, maybe I'm gettin soft - but i'm feelin this list much more than your hip hop one?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    seriously, go get slim thug's record. make sure you get the retail version. some people around here were lukewarm on it when it dropped but it's been doing it for me. but i'm from texas so my opinion is what it is ..

oh, dipset is dope and everything, but people outside nyc dont really seem to care ?? i like their shit a lot personally .. just saying

Well I was selling some records to a DJ out here in LA and he pretty much confirmed that view. He doesn't really know anyone that listens to Dipset out here. In fact I said Dipset, and his reaction was who? Once I said Diplomats then he knew who I was talking about and proceeded to laugh. So I dunno, i think its spotty outside of NYC those that are really liking them... just sayin. I will keep researching though.
    Well, I guess if you sold records to a DJ and he doesn't know about Dipset, then no one besides people in New York knows who they are. That makes sense to me.

Not what I am trying to say homie. It just supports the regionalization of hip-hop. how Eastcoast thinks a certain group/crew is doing everything and Westcoast is on whole different vibe. Out here in LA its all G-Unit, Game, Slim Thug etc. and it does not SEEM like DJ's are even checking for anything Dipset. Mic Check got no play out here. I find it more interesting than anything else, not that personal.

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    am I the only person in the world who thinks 50 cent is an awful rapper? and ugly? I'm pleased to hear that P is still 'bout it. I missed the gagillion paged thread about the new Edan but I really like that. not entirely suitable for the club though. If you wanna know whats hot just tune to your local hip hop & R&B station-they got the same 11 songs on a loop. I'm really feeling the new miriah joint.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Well, I guess if you sold records to a DJ and he doesn't know about Dipset, then no one besides people in New York knows who they are. That makes sense to me.

Not what I am trying to say homie. It just supports the regionalization of hip-hop. how Eastcoast thinks a certain group/crew is doing everything and Westcoast is on whole different vibe. Out here in LA its all G-Unit, Game, Slim Thug etc. and it does not SEEM like DJ's are even checking for anything Dipset. Mic Check got no play out here. I find it more interesting than anything else, not that personal.
    I know what you mean. I just find it funny that you pointed out that since a DJ didn't like them as if that was conclusive proof of your point.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    well it's a DJ that plays out in the clubs so its a decent benchmark in only that he didn't find it a necessary selection in his set, where as I am guessing if you are DJing in NYC/Eastcoast side of things it would very much be a staple of your set.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

the prince paul itstrumental album.

i picked it up when it first came out, listened to it a couple of times then filed it away. then i remember some dude saying "best headphone album ever"...so nonetheless i listened to it going to sleep with headphones, and while i wouldnt say its the best headphone album ever, its a great listen with headphones, and going to sleep with that sheit, you start dreaming of the black italiano and you fall asleep laughing in a good way, i like it, and thank god for this after the politics album.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts

I'm really feeling the new miriah joint.
    me too. stein

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    One that hasn't been mentioned...

It's pretty dope.

Peace.

• a little dissapointed with the slim thug lp..it has a few bangers..but some shit I cant really get with(jazzy pha,please shut up!).

• seriously, go get slim thug's record. make sure you get the retail version. some people around here were lukewarm on it when it dropped but it's been doing it for me. but i'm from texas so my opinion is what it is ..

No, you're right. They're so huge in NY, as well as on the internets and in hipster rags, that I tend to forget that the rest of the country is not feeling them like that.

i cant recall ever once hearing Dipset getting bumped in public around my way...although I do dig some of their shit, and I find myself laughing a lot to the lyrics. Not laughing at them..but just amazed at some of the rhyme patterns. I just dont think that shit really goes over well down here,though.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    One that hasn't been mentioned...

It's pretty dope.

Peace.

The only track I really like on that one is the Brokest Rapper Alive... Something about the rest of the album just didn't do it for me. Maybe on repeat listens...

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts

Game - Dreams
    Out of curiosity, when does this work in your set? I usually play it warmup style, but never really thought it would work as a wind down, or mid hype shit slow tempo song. You getting good results?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

Game - Dreams
    Out of curiosity, when does this work in your set? I usually play it warmup style, but never really thought it would work as a wind down, or mid hype shit slow tempo song. You getting good results?

pretty decent results. it's the 35th single off game's album but people will dance and sing along for a verse becuase it is on the radio and bet so much. i usually play it around cam - 'down and out' and trillville - 'some cut' and webbie 'gimme that.' like slow heaters to rotate the dancefloor before getting into slower dancehall. you know what's funny is that i probably play as much game as fiddy or jay-z now, just becuase there are so many singles.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

i cant recall ever once hearing Dipset getting bumped in public around my way...although I do dig some of their shit, and I find myself laughing a lot to the lyrics. Not laughing at them..but just amazed at some of the rhyme patterns. I just dont think that shit really goes over well down here,though.

Well, a couple months ago I would have agreed that dipset will probably remain a NYC thugs/Hipster kids/village voice critics favorite. But after hearing the new shit I can see them bringing back some harlem rennaisance shit for real. People will always look back to new york eventually. And right now, nothing else out there really says new york to me like dipset. They have been blowing up the mixtape shit something serious, magazines calling them the new wu-tang and shit. Rakim passing the torch to juelz in the mic check video.

Right now cam just got situated at asylum, jim jones is head of A&R. Multimillion dollar deals all around. Cam sold 500,000 copies of his last album even after def jam royaly fucked up the release dates and cam refused to do any promo for it.

Sure, regional rap is big right now. But dipset is basicly like regional new york rap. I would be very happy to see them blow up huge.

And Im still waiting on that Santana/young jeezy "best of both hoods" mixtape that will definitely be that piff. TTTHHHAAAATTTSSS RRRIIGGGHTT.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Here are a few that I am diggin right now.

SUSPECT[/b]

Yes that is suspect.

Dude this album is completely underrated. I thought a whole lotta soulstrutters would appreciate this and I even made a thread about it a few months back.

1996 type lyrics with a "I Don't give a fuck type attitude", creative wordplay, pokes fun at himself and has about 5 or 6 real nice bangers.

Y'all need to give Crustified a chance

It???s a mixed bag for sure.

With the good bits are surprisingly good.
    That track with the guys from the WU is an absolute blinder and I???m sure most guys on the board would feel it.

Such a shame that some of the wack moments tarnish the album so much.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VGZ4ROZV99TN2K63EPIUDMMSZ

seriously, this should bang in the club. right?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    R&B, Reggae, etc

Ciara - 1, 2 Step
    Amerie - One Thing
    Amerie - Touch
    Amerie - Love is Off the Chain
    Amerie - Looking At Me
    Lil Mo - Dem Boyz
    Mariah & Jada - We Belong Together remix
    Mariah & Fat Joe - It's Like That remix
    Bobby Valention & Nas - Slow Down remix
    John Legend - Used to Love You
    Teaira Marie - Make Her Feel Good
    Chris Brown & Juelz Santana - Run It
    Ryan Leslie & Snoop Dogg - Just Right
    Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On (Da Producers MPG Groove Remix)
    Jackson 5 - ABC (Salaam Remi crunk remix)
    Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
    Rihanna - Pon De Replay
    TOK - Footprints
    Damian Marley - Welcome to Jamrock
    I Wayne - Never Satisfy Her
    Turbulence - Notorious
    Kopa Riddim
    Applause Riddim
    Stepz Riddim
    Missy, Vybz & MIA - Bad Man
    MIA - Galang
    MIA - Galang (Sunchit Panchal remix)
    MIA - Bucky Done Gun
    MIA - Sunshowers (Diplo Remix)
    Pitbull - Toma
    Daddy Yankee - Lo Que Paso Paso
    Daddy Yankee, Lil Jon - Gasolina Remix
    Daddy Yankee - Machete
    Don Omar - Dale
    Zion Y Lennox - Yo Voy
    Nina Skye & NORE - Oye Mi Canto

Damn, maybe I'm gettin soft - but i'm feelin this list much more than your hip hop one?

All those records are corny.

• The Mic Check single is dope though.

Word. Dude has finally stepped up his incoherency to the Cam'ron/Ghostface/N.O.R.E. level, like:

"I'm gonna start telling you like I tell my bitches/'Don't watch me, watch TV.'"

"If you catch me sexing a chick, it's a bisexual chick or something foreign I'll never forget."

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    The Mic Check single is dope though.

Word. Dude has finally stepped up his incoherency to the Cam'ron/Ghostface/N.O.R.E. level, like:

"I'm gonna start telling you like I tell my bitches/'Don't watch me, watch TV.'"

"If you catch me sexing a chick, it's a bisexual chick or something foreign I'll never forget."

Hahahaha, YES. This is why the Dips keep me coming back for more (ayo). And the homie at FTC might as well be out there in the Village. I went in there yesterday and "Crunk Music" was blasting while he's on the phone like "yeah I got that pifff," while 9-year old timmies are asking him to take down skateboards off the display case so their mom can buy it.

I don't know about that all that "I'm a big boy" shit in that Chris Brown track though.

And was there ever a white label of ST and Pharell's "Do it For You?" First time I heard it was on The Rub's Going Back to Cali mix and I've been hooked ever since.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    check out ebony eyez' "in ya face" -
    great club production (from trackboyz) even though it uses the same college football stomp-stomp-clap drums as "grindin'" and "tipsy." she has one of the best flows i've heard in a while for a female. you can tell she is hard even over this club type song. plus, that chorus gets me everytime: "would you let me put my ass in ya face... if i let you bend me over by the waist?"

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yo,

This shit is making my face

Chains:

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.php?id=2OVN0HRV9CYSO1A9XCKK667I8S

I've got this on repeat, but the rest of the lp is not as hot.

h

• CueCue 26 Posts
    Three 6 Mafia - Stay Fly (good shit)

Trillville - Some Cut (remix f. snoop and pitbull)
    I like this version a lot better even though the og is decent too...first time I've heard pitbull coherently

I can't think of anymore right now

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    that new AZ "The Come Up" is nice ! anyone heard it yet?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I can't believe noone mentioned this...

and I cosign like a mug on that Sic Wit It Umbrella album

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

Turbulence - Notorious

track of the summer?