i need some new hiphop

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    what are you looking for roughly ?

i have some 99-00 stuff that I might be off-loading.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    The dipset stuff is eh, hit or miss really... The Mic Check single is dope though.

no crew is putting out the volume of good hip-hop that Dipset is

Camron - Purple Haze WHOLE ALBUM = FIRE
    Juelz Santana - Santana's Town (Dipset) = FIRE
    Dipset - Dipset Anthem = FIRE
    Jim Jones - Crunk Music = FIRE
    Cam'ron, Jim Jones & Master P. - Bout It Bout It Pt 3 = FIRE
    Camron - Diamonds and Pearls = FIRE
    Jim Jones - Summer Wit Miami = FIRE
    Juelz Santana - The Edge = FIRE
    Juelz Santana - Damn It Feels Good = FIRE
    Juelz Santana - Gunner Clap = FIRE
    Jim Jones - Who Shot Ya = FIRE
    Dipset - Dipset Symphony = FIRE
    Dipset - Push It = FIRE
    Juelz Santana - S.A.N.T.A.N.A = FIRE

cmon man nobody in rap is fucking with them

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Just good hip hop. Nothing that was on the radio during 99-00. Not that all radio songs weren't good just saying. I can't really think of something I want from 99-00...hmmmm...Fondle'em...what else? Can't think. Give me some names please.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    try deux process. stein. .

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    The dipset stuff is eh, hit or miss really... The Mic Check single is dope though.

no crew is putting out the volume of good hip-hop that Dipset is

Camron - Purple Haze WHOLE ALBUM = FIRE
    Juelz Santana - Santana's Town (Dipset) = FIRE
    Dipset - Dipset Anthem = FIRE
    Jim Jones - Crunk Music = FIRE
    Cam'ron, Jim Jones & Master P. - Bout It Bout It Pt 3 = FIRE
    Camron - Diamonds and Pearls = FIRE
    Jim Jones - Summer Wit Miami = FIRE
    Juelz Santana - The Edge = FIRE
    Juelz Santana - Damn It Feels Good = FIRE
    Juelz Santana - Gunner Clap = FIRE
    Jim Jones - Who Shot Ya = FIRE
    Dipset - Dipset Symphony = FIRE
    Dipset - Push It = FIRE
    Juelz Santana - S.A.N.T.A.N.A = FIRE

cmon man nobody in rap is fucking with them

I think they are more of an NYC/Eastcoast thing... Most of the people I know outside of that area have mixed reaction to them at best (yes including myself). And that Crunk Music single was awful.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    And that Crunk Music single was awful.

You're out of your mind.

And that Crunk Music single was awful.

You're out of your mind.

possibly... but we will ahve to agree to disagree

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Paul Wall in August should be dope.

The recent Az & Nas joint was good. Miss Bassie put me on to that.

h

• Albums:
    Common - Be - great f**king album, Kanye's production is dope. Don't listen to the 30+ crowd on here stuck in a timewarp.
    Quasimoto - Further Adventures Of Lord Quas - very ill.
    Game - The Documentary - Best "gangsta" rap album in a long while.

BALEEDAT!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Here are a few that I am diggin right now.

and very surprisingly i enjoy this a lot:

AND!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

half of it is actually good shit, the video for lessons is amazing.

damn How fuckin similar are these covers? I know it is the same record label and all but this is too close.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

SUSPECT[/b]

SUSPECT[/b]

SUSPECT[/b]

SUSPECT[/b]

SUSPECT[/b]

SUSPECT[/b]

SUSPECT[/b]

Yes that is suspect.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

wow, so thats what hiphop sound like nowadays?! serious?!

hmm i must've been living in a cave for too long haha...

I can pretty much listen to "get down", "Santanas town part. 2", "what is this?", and "whats it gonna be?" on a constant repeat for several hours and not get tired of it. Dipset is by far the best shit to come out in a while. just based on those 4 songs.

• seriously, go get slim thug's record. make sure you get the retail version. some people around here were lukewarm on it when it dropped but it's been doing it for me. but i'm from texas so my opinion is what it is ..

oh, dipset is dope and everything, but people outside nyc dont really seem to care ?? i like their shit a lot personally .. just saying

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    seriously, go get slim thug's record. make sure you get the retail version. some people around here were lukewarm on it when it dropped but it's been doing it for me. but i'm from texas so my opinion is what it is ..

There's been a lot of haTTing, but regardless of whether or not it conforms to people's expectations of what a good Houston record should be, it's still a very good rap record... one of the year's best.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Yeah, if namedropping Eazy-E on every five seconds is good. Just on west coast shit alone that shits all over the Game album:

Best rap album in general that I've heard in years

• to be perfectly honest, i wasn't so sure about the whole neptunes/slim thug thing at first, not because it wasn't a 'typical' houston record or because it was a departure from his style ... it just seemed like they were giving him tinny beats that didn't really match his voice or his flow. you could hear the growing pains on the leaked version. (chicken strip?? not a good track.) they did a much better job on the retail version, although i do wish 'problematic' and 'put ya up ma' were both on there ... that and jay's verse from 'i aint heard of that'.

i'm also looking forward to bavu blakes' record ...... austin texas mayne

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

SUSPECT[/b]

Yes that is suspect.

Dude this album is completely underrated. I thought a whole lotta soulstrutters would appreciate this and I even made a thread about it a few months back.

1996 type lyrics with a "I Don't give a fuck type attitude", creative wordplay, pokes fun at himself and has about 5 or 6 real nice bangers.

Y'all need to give Crustified a chance

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yeah, if namedropping Eazy-E on every five seconds is good. Just on west coast shit alone that shits all over the Game album:

Best rap album in general that I've heard in years

& to that I'd like to add the team - the negro league.

Turf Talk is amazing.

h

you could hear the growing pains on the leaked version. (chicken strip?? not a good track.) they did a much better job on the retail version

Truth

1996 type lyrics

What are you talking about?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    1996 WAS THE GOLDEN AGE DUNNIE. IF YOU DON'T KNOW THAT YOU DON'T KNOW HIP HOP AND ARE COMPLETELY DETACHTED FROM THE STREETS SON.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I put lyrics by years... '96 lyrics would prdate the backpack thing so less talk about cosmic ethereal shit that makes no sense yet plenty of references to 1988 rap figureheads.

seriously, go get slim thug's record. make sure you get the retail version. some people around here were lukewarm on it when it dropped but it's been doing it for me. but i'm from texas so my opinion is what it is ..

oh, dipset is dope and everything, but people outside nyc dont really seem to care ?? i like their shit a lot personally .. just saying

Well I was selling some records to a DJ out here in LA and he pretty much confirmed that view. He doesn't really know anyone that listens to Dipset out here. In fact I said Dipset, and his reaction was who? Once I said Diplomats then he knew who I was talking about and proceeded to laugh. So I dunno, i think its spotty outside of NYC those that are really liking them... just sayin. I will keep researching though.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I put lyrics by years... '96 lyrics would prdate the backpack thing so less talk about cosmic ethereal shit that makes no sense yet plenty of references to 1988 rap figureheads.

If rap were qualified by years, 1996 would be down there with 2002. Ugh.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    your right, let me bring it down a year to '95.

Think KRS-One's S/T done by a dirty white boy

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Well I was selling some records to a DJ out here in LA and he pretty much confirmed that view. He doesn't really know anyone that listens to Dipset out here. In fact I said Dipset, and his reaction was who? Once I said Diplomats then he knew who I was talking about and proceeded to laugh. So I dunno, i think its spotty outside of NYC those that are really liking them... just sayin. I will keep researching though.
    Well, I guess if you sold records to a DJ and he doesn't know about Dipset, then no one besides people in New York knows who they are. That makes sense to me.