the B'more sound (status update-R)

2»

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

for good measure, prob one of my fav f*cking b-more jernts

Rod Lee

Dope track! And timely too.

i'm glad we agree

My crew of Hip Hop dancers lose their mind every time I play this.

This and Jonny Blaze's "Spongey Again."

• Options
    Jonny Blaze's "Spongey Again."

Yeah, looks like I might be wrong about the genre being mostly wack. Thanks for the headz up.

• DJ Class - I'm the Ish has been getting radio and remix love (Lil Jon, JD) lately. It's the first bmore track that I know of that is getting radio play OUTSIDE of Baltimore.

Hot track.

• and, Driftwood, to call a genre "a sham" when you admittedly know little about it is pretty ignant.

• HI M*RK!

• Hi P*****K!

And it is M**C, buddy!

How was NYC?

• common conception: diplo broke the b'more sound. which i guess means he bought it too. thanks for freeing up the shelf space.

• Options
    and, Driftwood, to call a genre "a sham" when you admittedly know little about it is pretty ignant.

That's fair.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    common conception: diplo broke the b'more sound. which i guess means he bought it too. thanks for freeing up the shelf space.

Diplo had a lot to do with breaking the bmore sound to a whole different audience. He also helped Scottie B get a lot of gigs all around the world that he might not have got otherwise.

• My crew of Hip Hop dancers

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    common conception: diplo broke the b'more sound. which i guess means he bought it too. thanks for freeing up the shelf space.

Diplo had a lot to do with breaking the bmore sound to a whole different audience. He also helped Scottie B get a lot of gigs all around the world that he might not have got otherwise.
    this diplo seems like an amiable fellow. perhaps i should spend money on his cds, instead of dj technics ^___^

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Rod Lees "Luving you" is a personal favourite. B-more gone Prince, almost.

• would Anquette's "Get Off your Ass and Jam" qualify as a proto-b'more joint? I love this joint and it cracks me up that Miami bass folks sampled "think" before the NYC crews did.