Options

the B'more sound (status update-R)

edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Do people still listen to this?There have been a few well done B'more tracks--I can think of one done by Eli and one by Ayers, and one by Scottie B where he mashes a track by Skream. Isn't the genre mainly terrible wedding DJ music backed by the 'sing sing' and 'it takes two' samples?Perhaps I am grossly ingnorant of how amazingly spectacular the B'more sound is...Strutteurs, plaese to weigh in with your expertise. Recommend some "dope" B'more tracks, or tell me I'm right and that the entire genre is mostly a sham.

Comments

• Perhaps I am grossly ingnorant

/thread

• Options
    plaese to elaborate...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I've been playing it out here for years and people STILL aren't up on it, but yeah, it can get super cheesy at times. (As everything of course, just saying...)

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    plaese to elaborate...

For one thing, it goes back to the mid-90s and you seem to think its a recent phenom.

There are definitely classics of the genre, but know-nothing internet kids have really been beating the life out of this shit in recent years (no disrespect to those know-somethings on this forum that have done decent things with it in recent years).

• plaese to elaborate...

*sigh*

Do you even go to clubs and like rap and/or house music? If not then stay in your musical lane, to each his own

But fine...

[no harvey project blowed-o]
    What is there to discuss? You're acting as if this genre is some brand-new thing and you've convinced yourself that it's terrible. Am I supposed to hold your hand and try and sway you? And a lot of the stuff that's coming out that you might be coming across is not that good, super corny, and pretty disconnected from Baltimore (I'm looking at the johnny come-lately B&T deejay dudes making Fergie remixes).

Ayers has some good stuff and Scottie B's 1999 mix-cd (which I can't remember the title...has him wearing a gold chain and a kangol on the cover) is ridiculous. Rod Lee is the f*cking man. Technics is dope. I mean, i'm no where near an authority on Baltimore House but check for those dudes and don't act like some dudes made this genre up in 2005, it's been around since the 1990's.

• Options

There are definitely classics of the genre..

Really?!...I'm not being sarcastic here, but please name 5.
    Most of it is awful, but there have been a few gems and I'd like to be hipped to several more.

• Options

*sigh*

LOL...god you're a douche.

Do you even go to clubs and like rap and/or house music? If not then stay in your musical lane, to each his own

Dude, I've been hitting house and hiphop clubs since the very early nineties. Never been to a B'more jam in that time, but I love me a very diverse range of music.

don't act like some dudes made this genre up in 2005, it's been around since the 1990's.

I'm not sure where it shows in anything I've written that I think B'more magically appeared in 2005. I know it's been around for a while and that Scottie B was one of the big dudes behind the scene. That said, I also feel I'm largely ignorant of the sound, and since YOU seem to know so much, hip me to some tunes, big dude.

• *sigh*

LOL...god you're a douche.

Well at least we finally agree on something.

Dude, I've been hitting house and hiphop clubs since the very early nineties. Never been to a B'more jam in that time, but I love me a very diverse range of music.

Maybe you're a "back in the days when everything was better" type of dude

don't act like some dudes made this genre up in 2005, it's been around since the 1990's.

I'm not sure where it shows in anything I've written that I think B'more magically appeared in 2005.

Uuuh, you're labeling it as "terrible wedding music" and calling it a "sham". If you knew enough you would find better reasons to hate on it, which is fine...to each his own.

• and never said I was an authority

read-up on your read-ups

• Options
    Wow...

It would seem that I know about as much about the genre as you do, Young Phonics, except I was nowhere near as big a douche about it as you were.

Is there anyone with actual knowledge of this genre that can weigh in on some of it's finer moments?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Check out this page it'll give you more of an idea about where BMore comes from.
    BMORE History

• Wow...

It would seem that I know about as much about the genre as you do, Young Phonics, except I was nowhere near as big a douche about it as you were.

Is there anyone with actual knowledge of this genre that can weigh in on some of it's finer moments?

it's called f*cking "digging"

or know by todays methods and standards as

Let Me google that for youuuuaaaahhhhh

• MAN, I CAN THINK OF ONE OF TWO TRACKS BY KENNY G AND CANDY DULFER THAT ARE GREAT. BUT ISN'T IT ALL TERRIBLE ELEVATOR MUSIC USING THE SAME 4 INSTRUMENTS, PIANO, BASS, DRUMS, AND HORNS.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE RECOMMEND SOME f*cking KICK ASS JAZZ JAMZ, PLEASE?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    no offense to ayers intended but wtf does he really have to do w/ baltimore club music

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    back in '04 when everyone was making a big deal out of it on the internets i copped a bunch of tapes from baltimoreclubtracks.com and they were pretty great, it was basically house music w/ breakbeats. thats really about it

• BUT DOES THAT REALLY EXPLAIN IT TO SOMEBODY WITH DIVERSE TASTES AND HAS BEEN ATTENDING HIP HOP AND HOUSE JAMZ SINCE THE UUUURRRLLLLLYYYY 90'S? AND LISTEN DOUCHE.......NAME SOME f*cking TITLES AND ARTISTS OR STAND TO LOOK LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

There are definitely classics of the genre..

Really?!...I'm not being sarcastic here, but please name 5.
    Most of it is awful, but there have been a few gems and I'd like to be hipped to several more.

You're coming off as really stupid here. I was sneaking into college parties in the 90's as a high school kid where they were jamming b-more. Every genre has classics, don't be retarded.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    no offense to ayers intended but wtf does he really have to do w/ baltimore club music

LOL.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

LOL.

Wait, isn't he from philly?

• Options
    BUT DOES THAT REALLY EXPLAIN IT TO SOMEBODY WITH DIVERSE TASTES AND HAS BEEN ATTENDING HIP HOP AND HOUSE JAMZ SINCE THE UUUURRRLLLLLYYYY 90'S? AND LISTEN DOUCHE.......NAME SOME f*cking TITLES AND ARTISTS OR STAND TO LOOK LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're such a f*cking douchetard, Young Phuckface. Seriously. I mean, you know about as much as I do about the genre, but you spout off like you know your shit and talk to me like I'm the little dude. Pfffft. I admit that I'm not up on the genre, hence the post, which maybe makes me a little dude, and I'll accept that.

But why so f*cking superior when you know f*ck all, little dickie??

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    As much as I have love for Ayres and Eli, if those are the first two names that come up when you think of bmore club, you need to read up on your readups.

• Options
    No no. Scottie B is the first one that comes up when I think b'more.

What I wrote earlier is that there are a couple of b'more tracks done by those fellas that I like.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Right, and Scottie has been putting out music for quite a while and has many classic tracks in the genre.

• Options
    Fair enough.

No no. DJ Equalizer is the first one that comes up when I think b'more.

• Options
    Thanks, sticky.

• BUT DOES THAT REALLY EXPLAIN IT TO SOMEBODY WITH DIVERSE TASTES AND HAS BEEN ATTENDING HIP HOP AND HOUSE JAMZ SINCE THE UUUURRRLLLLLYYYY 90'S? AND LISTEN DOUCHE.......NAME SOME f*cking TITLES AND ARTISTS OR STAND TO LOOK LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're such a f*cking douchetard, Young Phuckface. Seriously. I mean, you know about as much as I do about the genre, but you spout off like you know your shit and talk to me like I'm the little dude. Pfffft. I admit that I'm not up on the genre, hence the post, which maybe makes me a little dude, and I'll accept that.

But why so f*cking superior when you know f*ck all, little dickie??

^^^^^

KALA FAKE ACCOUNT ALERT

B/W

I mentioned a Scottie B (and his mix-cd ), Technics, and Rod Lee.

happy?

for good measure, prob one of my fav f*cking b-more jernts

Rod Lee

• Options

Rod Lee

Dope track! And timely too.

Rod Lee

thanks, phonics.

• for good measure, prob one of my fav f*cking b-more jernts