Dump Mylatency as Moderator

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    i say ban this cornball, he claims to have edited posts because someone uses the word "jap"... funny because i read a lot of posts using the word "nigga" or "ni99a" or however you modify that shit... shit is mad offensive and i bet a lot of you wouldn't dare say that shit in front of some black people in the real world... get that ass knocked the fuck out or shanked if you say that shit around me in the real world... but get online and it's a whole different story... that some punk shit right thurr...

also, dude doesn't deserve a second chance at all, he banned that one phantom dude and didn't give him any kind of warning and no second chance... i am not feelin' this cat at all, some punk shit... get rid of him as a moderator and ban him from the board as well...

Compadre, after only 20 posts you have no right to comment on whether or not a moderator ought to be banned. While I look forward to your future contributions to the forum, you are hardly part of the community. Also, threats of 'real world' violence are good ways to get me to start editing YOUR posts. That is pathetic and ??ber lame-o.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i say ban this cornball, he claims to have edited posts because someone uses the word "jap"... funny because i read a lot of posts using the word "nigga" or "ni99a" or however you modify that shit... shit is mad offensive and i bet a lot of you wouldn't dare say that shit in front of some black people in the real world... get that ass knocked the fuck out or shanked if you say that shit around me in the real world... but get online and it's a whole different story... that some punk shit right thurr...

also, dude doesn't deserve a second chance at all, he banned that one phantom dude and didn't give him any kind of warning and no second chance... i am not feelin' this cat at all, some punk shit... get rid of him as a moderator and ban him from the board as well...

Compadre, after only 20 posts you have no right to comment on whether or not a moderator ought to be banned. While I look forward to your future contributions to the forum, you are hardly part of the community. Also, threats of 'real world' violence are good ways to get me to start editing YOUR posts. That is pathetic and ??ber lame-o.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

do you like free-jazz?

cracker

• i say ban this cornball, he claims to have edited posts because someone uses the word "jap"... funny because i read a lot of posts using the word "nigga" or "ni99a" or however you modify that shit... shit is mad offensive and i bet a lot of you wouldn't dare say that shit in front of some black people in the real world... get that ass knocked the fuck out or shanked if you say that shit around me in the real world... but get online and it's a whole different story... that some punk shit right thurr...

okay pal, just let me know when i reach a post count high enough for me to chime in...

do you like free-jazz?

cracker
    fat

1. Deleting one of fatback's posts because he was "getting sick of this thread"

2. Editing one of tripledouble's posts because T**y referred to him as "captain-props-to-diplo"

These are the ones I know about; it is worth noting that he left no indication in the latter post that he had altered it in any way.

LOL
    Sorry Faux, try again

1. I deleted Fatback's post because he used the word "Jap" which is offensive to more than a few of our posters. I threw in "getting sick of this thread" because that was the general consensus.

2. I edited Tony's post from "captain-props-to-diplo" to "cheerleader number 1" a title given to me by none other than your NYC brethren Mr. Johnny Paychex and Sir Simon Rape Donkeys. It was done in JEST. I guess it's wrong to have "fun"

YOU CAN HATE ME NOW
    BUT I WON'T STOP NOW

feel me?

Like I said when I started as a moderator, I'm about having fun and keep things clean during my stay in RAJ's house.

No, you try again.

As to No. 1, I see that as some lame backpedaling on your part once you'd been called on it. If you did, in fact, edit the post due to racist content, then why didn't you say so upfront instead of justifying it by saying that you were "getting sick of" the thread? And if that was the "general consensus"--that the thread was sickness inducing--then why was it live enough to get to 7 pages?

As to No. 2, what you seem to not be understanding is that I don't care if it was your idea of fun--that doesn't make it okay to alter other people's posts.

As for the rest of you talking about "it's not that serious" and "there are more imprtant things in the world," please believe that I have real world business which I handle in the real world, but right now we are all on a message board and I am speaking on what I see as a fundamental problem with that message board.

As for the, "I don't see any of the people criticizing mylatency stepping up to moderate" argument: you might have a point if the issue were that mylatency didn't have sufficient time to pay attention to the board and those of us that were griping were griping that he was neglecting it. That's not the issue here, though--the issue is mylatency gratuitously altering people's posts, and I would much rather have no moderator at all than a moderator that does that.

Again, there really shouldn't even be a debate here, and I'm slightly embarassed to be a member of a community in which this is occasion for one, and even more embarassed that "aw, c'mon, you know he's a good dude" is a sentiment that has even entered into that debate. This sh!t is really pretty open and shut.

And that's gonna be my last word on the subject.

Please let me add my voice to those saying 'mellow out, man', because you really ought to, well, mellow out.

During the last of our regular moderator roundtables, Mark and I both agreed that he was right to edit posts containing racist material and that the thread in questions was becoming seriously tedious. (Incidentally, I'm also of the opinion that those who make racists comments don't need a personalised PM apologising for the deletion.)

Mark and I take our moderating jobs very seriously and invest a lot time so that you can get worked up over board politics without having any delicate sensibilities offended by oversize JPEGs and inappropriate postings.

In the words of Ms. Shingaling, whose presence I miss terribly (and whose steamy love diary I can no longer find), smoke a joint, drink a 40, and get laid (or something to that effect).

Dan

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

1). I never see the word "nigga" around here.

2). Are you Phantom re-incarnated?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

1). I never see the word "nigga" around here.

2). Are you Phantom re-incarnated?

Actually i ahve seen it tossed around here, rarely but it does come up and derivatives (niggles) of it as well.

okay pal, just let me know when i reach a post count high enough for me to chime in...

It's not the post count that matters--heaven knows that there are many people here with counts of a 1000+ whose meaningful contributions are limited and people who post rarely but have been here for ages and are veritable encyclopaedias.

You've been a member of this forum for five days. You don't come to my city, spend five days bumming around and then expect to be considered a local? Of course not; you're just a tourist. As a tourist, you should know that most locals don't care about tourists' opinions of their community's politics. This applies even more so when the tourists makes violent threats.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

In the words of Ms. Shingaling, whose presence I miss terribly (and whose steamy love diary I can no longer find), smoke a joint, drink a 40, and get laid (or something to that effect).

Dan

holy fricka, I was going to post this earlier to Faux but you read my mind fellow moderator!

SAYING, soulstrut is an army LOL

• i say ban this cornball, he claims to have edited posts because someone uses the word "jap"... funny because i read a lot of posts using the word "nigga" or "ni99a" or however you modify that shit... shit is mad offensive and i bet a lot of you wouldn't dare say that shit in front of some black people in the real world... get that ass knocked the fuck out or shanked if you say that shit around me in the real world... but get online and it's a whole different story... that some punk shit right thurr...

It's not the post count that matters--heaven knows that there are many people here with counts of a 1000+ whose meaningful contributions are limited and people who post rarely but have been here for ages and are veritable encyclopaedias.

You've been a member of this forum for five days. You don't come to my city, spend five days bumming around and then expect to be considered a local? Of course not; you're just a tourist. As a tourist, you should know that most locals don't care about tourists' opinions of their community's politics. This applies even more so when the tourists makes violent threats.

first off, i made know threat i just let the good people know what to expect if certain racial statements were made around me in the real world like they are on this board...

second i dont think i overstand what you are saying, basically what i get is that i can only post opinions if i am a "local" as you put it? you're saying that although i have only been regstered for five days that doesn't give me any right to post on here? interesting... sounds like bs to me man...

• steamy love diary

i got you dawg

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

first off, i made know threat i just let the good people know what to expect if certain racial statements were made around me in the real world like they are on this board...

second i dont think i overstand what you are saying, basically what i get is that i can only post opinions if i am a "local" as you put it? you're saying that although i have only been regstered for five days that doesn't give me any right to post on here? interesting... sounds like bs to me man...

Shut up dood!! You're fucking up for the rest of us tourists!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Please let me add my voice to those saying 'mellow out, man', because you really ought to, well, mellow out.

During the last of our regular moderator roundtables, Mark and I both agreed that he was right to edit posts containing racist material and that the thread in questions was becoming seriously tedious. (Incidentally, I'm also of the opinion that those who make racists comments don't need a personalised PM apologising for the deletion.)

See, Dan, I don't object to moderators deleting racist slurs at all--the very first thing that I said in this thread was that I supported moderators editing posts with "seriously offensive" content.

However, if that's what you're going to do, you need to make it clear--don't add a cute little note that you've edited the post because you're "sick" of the thread in question.

And I can't support your second justification at all--one which your li'l hommie also continues to cling to--that it's okay to start editing posts when a thread becomes "seriously tedious". If that's how you feel, why not just stop clicking on the thread, and leave the people who have pushed it to eight pages to wallow in their tedium?

It seems you misunderstood me. Let me be absolutely clear what I'm saying. After being a member of Soulstrut for only five days, you do not have an opinion that matters concerning how this board is run. That said, as a new member you are welcome and encouraged to post freely regarding most every other topic.

If you take issue with this then tough luck to you--I don't care.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    [

[

[

[

[

DEAD THE THREAD yall, we are sick of seeing this bitch rearing its head at the top of the thread listings. Let it drowned, down down... Let it drowned.

steamy love diary

i got you dawg

Nice! Now i've got some reading to keep me company on those lonely late nights. Who's up for Guzzo and Crinky narrating Shingaling's love diary? I smell audiotape success...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    "choose your battles wisely"

soulstrut would be a better place if everybody gave that some thought before posting.

It seems you misunderstood me. Let me be absolutely clear what I'm saying. After being a member of Soulstrut for only five days, you do not have an opinion that matters concerning how this board is run. That said, as a new member you are welcome and encouraged to post freely regarding most every other topic.

If you take issue with this then tough luck to you--I don't care.

all seriousness... why don't you let me know when i can and cannot post... because i am not sure what post count applies to which thread, all these rules get confusing... but i do know that posting an opinion on whether or not someone should be banned is a no no right? what post count should i reach before posting on threads like that? do tell...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

all seriousness... why don't you let me know when i can and cannot post... because i am not sure what post count applies to which thread, all these rules get confusing... but i do know that posting an opinion on whether or not someone should be banned is a no no right? what post count should i reach before posting on threads like that? do tell...

Do I need to hold your hand and show you how to be a grown up? Take that shit to adultbabyfetish.com

• all seriousness... why don't you let me know when i can and cannot post... because i am not sure what post count applies to which thread, all these rules get confusing... but i do know that posting an opinion on whether or not someone should be banned is a no no right? what post count should i reach before posting on threads like that? do tell...

Do I need to hold your hand and show you how to be a grown up? Take that shit to adultbabyfetish.com

touche'!!!

touche'!!!

um... i think the joke was on you.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

touche'!!!

Man,

You have 24 posts, 7 or 8 of which come out of this thread. You might be a long time lurker or some alias. Who knows. I don't think anyone is saying where you can & cannot post, but, until you establish yourself in this community & make a contribution, I don't think your opinions about community dynamics will carry much weight.

Please don't take this as a diss.

I'm looking forward chatting about music with you.

Peace

h

• FAGTILLOFAGTILLO 33 Posts

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    And I can't support...that it's okay to start editing posts when a thread becomes "seriously tedious". If that's how you feel, why not just stop clicking on the thread, and leave the people who have pushed it to eight pages to wallow in their tedium?

COSIGN. In so many years (cough) I've had no problems skipping over so many threads and briefly scrolling through a bunch of dumb (IMO) shit. NO big deal.

Furthermore:

1) The thread mentioned was both loved and hated. The best ones are like that.

2) The best way to protect minorities from bigoted language is not to delete posts, but let the people on this board check the person who is being offensive.

Granted, you may get some PMs saying "Hey, could you delete this post with the racial slurr? It is offensive to everything I am. And I paid money to post here. Thank you."

Point: the board will moderate itself. It pretty much always has. Tighten your grip too much and you might get this.

• quote]

2nd offense - who gives a fuck? I agree that doing petty things like this isn't cool, but at the end of the day, it's meaningless, and I have the feeling that was his first and last "abuse" of "power".

Haaahahaha LOL, It's who you know around here and in life, yall didn't give FONZEE no second chance now did you!

That's all I have to say, I got no probs with Marco Polo but yall need to look in the mirror again..........

• I PAY TO POST HERE!!

ha ha ha ha ha hh ah hah hhahh hahha haha ha hah ah ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Ban Mork and make DooDooBrown a moderator. Shanks for everyone!

• I think it's sandwich time around here.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    its been sandwich time for well over a week.