The new LOST thread

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
pretty good.who was shooting the flaming poptarts at them? caviar samich? that's gross. british little dudes "what are you doing on our island?" was that the future?

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    pretty good.

who was shooting the flaming poptarts at them?

caviar samich? that's gross.

british little dudes "what are you doing on our island?" was that the future?

Those uniforms were old, nobody rocks those plain green ones anymore, so I say the past on
    that one. I think those dude didn't have a ton of guns, hence the flaming arrows.
    It was a decent episode, the suspension of disbelieve level is getting quite high though.
    I'm hooked and have been for awhile, I'm there 'til the end no matter how hokie
    the whole thing gets.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

It looked like they were wearing Dharma jumpsuits, so I'm guessing it's pre-purge. Might have been military uniforms on the other hand. I'll leave it to the freeze frame obsessives to worry about that.

I think there were sufficient WTF moments to keep me interested.

• it was definitely better than season 2 or 3 when they dropped the ball hard. This was entertaining and interesting through the whole episode.

I loved when that annoying actor who was in the peanut butter/got milk "who shot alexander hamilton.....aimond burrrrr" commercial was being so lame. I was thinking "kill this F*ck now" and then....

to the chest.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

I loved when that annoying actor who was in the peanut butter/got milk "who shot alexander hamilton.....aimond burrrrr" commercial was being so lame. I was thinking "kill this F*ck now" and then....

to the chest.

Haha

Early in the second episode, I turned to my wife and said "I think Frogurt is not long for this world." I think they learned their lesson with Nikki and Paulo that when they promote a member of the chorus, they better bump them off quick with an ironic death, Dr. Arzt style.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I'm there 'til the end no matter how hokie the whole thing gets.

Yeah I've come this far I can't quit now. Not a bad start to the season, liked some of the new twists they're putting in there though didn't get the whole part at the end of the second episode. Was I meant to know who the woman Ben saw was? I assumed not but the heavy "bong" that sounded when she turned round suggested it was meant to be of some significance. New series needs more of Locke being a baddass.

• I'm there 'til the end no matter how hokie the whole thing gets.
    me too. I just finished watching them. I'm almost worn out from WTF'ness, though.

• Was I meant to know who the woman Ben saw was? I assumed not but the heavy "bong" that sounded when she turned round suggested it was meant to be of some significance.

I'm not sure, but when I saw her I thought of that woman in the shop that Desmond talked to a few seasons back. It was a jewelry shop or something like, maybe some different type of shop, but for some reason I feel like she's been in it before, possibly telling Desmond what he needed to do.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts

Was I meant to know who the woman Ben saw was? I assumed not but the heavy "bong" that sounded when she turned round suggested it was meant to be of some significance.

I'm not sure, but when I saw her I thought of that woman in the shop that Desmond talked to a few seasons back. It was a jewelry shop or something like, maybe some different type of shop, but for some reason I feel like she's been in it before, possibly telling Desmond what he needed to do.

Yeah, that's the same lady that Desmond talked to. I can't really remember what they talked about though.
    Is it me or does Frogut/Aaron Burr guy look like Steve Buscemi's brother?

This was a good episode, maybe not one of my favorite season premieres of theirs though. I think the premiere when they showed the plane crash from the other's perspective was mind blowing.

I want to see more with the dude from the hatch videos. I'll also be there till this thing ends.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Ah that makes a bit more sense - I was getting revelation fatigue by that point and my brain couldn't handle any more series flashbacks. Thanks.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

It looked like they were wearing Dharma jumpsuits, so I'm guessing it's pre-purge.

But was Desmond in the hatch pre-purge? I thought he was only in there for maybe a year or so?

It looked like they were wearing Dharma jumpsuits, so I'm guessing it's pre-purge.

But was Desmond in the hatch pre-purge? I thought he was only in there for maybe a year or so?

Upon repeat viewing, I feel they were wearing Army uniforms or perhaps an early version of the Dharma jumpsuit. Desmond was not in the hatch pre-purge, he got to the island around 2001/2. I don't think that the fire arrow attack happened in the same time period as Faraday's meeting with Desmond at the hatch???I think there was a time skip between those two scenes. When the flaming arrow attack occurs is pure speculation, though, there's simply not enough data yet to say.

• I don't think they were dharma guys. I think they were some british army dudes, possibly suggesting that this island has been inhabited by many different people at different times, but also suggesting that they did not last, which suggests that only a special group truly belongs on the island. multi-suggestional.

I get the feeling that people get drunk with the island's powers and want to claim it as their own, but the people who want to stay on it for these selfish reasons are not the one's that the island wants. Yes, the others and Locke want to be there, but their interest is not out of greed.

ha ha. who knows.

There was no time jump b/t Farady and Desmond's meeting and the attack on the beach...at least, not that I remembered. Then again, Locke had a time jump that didn't seem to reflected by the others on the beach so go figure.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    There was a flash when Farady was telling Desmond about his mother at Cambridge....wait, is his mother in England? Thinking that the robed lady in the end is Farady's mother (equations on the board?!) Then, how would Ben get to Cambridge that fast? Is Miles the baby in the beginning? Is his snarkiness hiding the fact tat he knows something about the island? Where did he kill / get that animal to eat?

Justin: That hooded woman, most likely, is NOT Farady's mom.

Maybe Farady's mom will end up being Rousseau!

And Miles talks to dead things so he knows where dead animals (and people) are. He could be the baby at the beginning though - who knows?

• And Miles talks to dead things so he knows where dead animals (and people) are. He could be the baby at the beginning though - who knows?

didn't think of that. Could be the video dude's son. Video dude seemed like a dick too. Ha ha.

Yeah, Miles knows where dead things are. that's how he found it so fast.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Was I meant to know who the woman Ben saw was? I assumed not but the heavy "bong" that sounded when she turned round suggested it was meant to be of some significance.

That was Ms. Hawking (groan) - she explained the 'rules' of time-travel to Desmond after he turned the failsafe and became 'unstuck' in time. She also is in a photo on the desk of the monk in charge at the monastery Desmond once lived/worked at.

There's some speculation that she could be Faraday's mom - but she probably couldn't be in Oxford at the time since Ben visited her.

• Bump.

1/2 Hour, West Coast.

• widmore.....

charles widmore......

nice to meet you.

Locke could have shot him...but he's "one of his people"

Farraday a bad guy? Will he be vindicated for leaving that girl? What's going on with that?

who is the main bad guy? Ben? Widmore? Richard?

Farraday a bad guy? Will he be vindicated for leaving that girl? What's going on with that?

Our boy has a bit of a darker past than they let on before. Hopefully his current activities are also an attempt to help unstick her in time.

who is the main bad guy? Ben? Widmore? Richard?

All of the above? None of the above? I'm holding out hope that it will turn out to be Mr. LaShade

My question is, did they finally kill off all of the Red Shirts? There can't be too many other 815 survivors left outside of the main cast.

widmore.....

charles widmore......

nice to meet you.

YES! That shit was swesome. Since that we've been trying to figure out what happened to Widmore, why's he's off the island, why he wants back, but we can't figure it out. I think Richard kicked his ass of the island for being a dick. I'm also starting to really like Richard ... eyeliner and all.

I think Faraday is NOT a bad dude. My guess is that Widmore put him up to it (putting the lady in a coma - which I also believe is what is happening to Charlotte) by paying for his research and he's trying to redeem himself in some form or another. Also, something about that blonde lady/other with the gun that just really bothered me. Maybe it was the way she spoke with her teeth clenched.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    SPOILERZ: (I TYPES IT IN ALL CAPS SO YOU CAN JUST GLOSS OVER THIS POAST IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FIRST TWO EPISODES OF THE SEASON YET)

BEST EPISODE IN A LONG TIME
    LOST IN THA '09 IS KILLING IT
    JUGHEAD, I WAS JUST WAITING FOR THAT THING TO ACCIDENTALLY DROP AND BLOW THE ISLAND FURTHER IN TIME

RICHARD ALPERT IS MY HOMEBOY

FARADAY'S MOMMA IS IN L.A. AND NOW PENNY AND DESMOND AND KID ARE GOING TO L.A. AND THAT'S WHERE BEN LINUS IS KICKIN IT TRYING TO REASSEMBLE THE OCEANIC 6
    GONNA BE SOME RADBADICAL BEN V. DESMOND SHOWDOWN SOON I BET

SO IS FARADAY'S MOM PLAYING BOTH SIDES, WORKING FOR BEN AND WIDMORE? DEEEYUM

SO RAD RIGHT NOW

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I think Ben is behind the suit to determine Kate's relationship to Claire's kid. He knows it will scare her into going back to the island.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I think Ben is behind the suit to determine Kate's relationship to Claire's kid. He knows it will scare her into going back to the island.

Yes.

Also: speculation that new old-school Other Ellie = Eloise Hawking?! (first name revealed in 'enhanced' replay of the prior episode). Which would explain why Faraday kept "looking at her funny."

Yes.

Also: speculation that new old-school Other Ellie = Eloise Hawking?! (first name revealed in 'enhanced' replay of the prior episode). Which would explain why Faraday kept "looking at her funny."

OH SNAP: WINNER.

I'm feeling this theory.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Charlotte is messed up! She had the bloody nose just like the guy from the '50s drilling into the station..does that mean she is Dharma? Or is she the girl Farrady (sp?) messed with....did he send her back in time? Who is she related to on the island? Why is she having a reaction to the time flashes?

• anyone else think it was odd that Desmond and Penny named their baby Charlie? Could it be that Desmond's life is all over the time continuum and Charlie the heroin addict is his son? He did have visions of Charlie's death over and over.

And...

the reason it's odd is because Charlie is short for Charles who is Penny's dad who they seem to think is an asshole.

I don't think it's strange insofar as Charlie was Desmond's friend and died trying to help Desmond. It's an homage. Of course, it would be interesting if Charlie ended up becoming...Charlie. I don't imagine the writers would do something so cornball (but I wouldn't put it past them), especially if Eloise turns out to be Elie, aka Farady's mom. The writers are pretty savvy to the past use of time travel in other shows and I hope they'd avoid the cliches that have cropped up with them.

I might be ing on this but have you guys seen this? It's pretty right on.