10 worst kanye songs

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
as picked by vibe:1. Swagga Like us-Jay-Z and T.I. ft. Kanye West and Lil Wayne2. Billie Jean 2008-Michael Jackson ft. Kanye West3. Bring Me down-Kanye West ft. Brandy4. I still love H.E.R-Kanye West5. M:I:III theme (remix)-Kanye West6. Do you wanna ride-Jay-Z ft. John Legend7. Drunk and hot girls-Kanye West ft. Mos Def8. The New Workout Plan (remix)- Ft. Kanye West, Fonzworth Bentley, Luke, and Twista (prod. Lil' Jon)9. The rape over-Mos Def10. '03 Bonnie and Cylde-Jay-Z ft. Beyonce

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    as picked by vibe:
    1. Swagga Like us-Jay-Z and T.I. ft. Kanye West and Lil Wayne

Good to know that i wasn't the only one that felt this way about that song.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    1-10: Unnecessarily sampling Curtis Mayfield

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

10. '03 Bonnie and Cylde-Jay-Z ft. Beyonce

There's quite a few Kanye songs which are worse that these.

• i liked bonny & clyde.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    We Don't Care, Graduation Day, All Falls Down, Spaceship, Jesus Walks, Never Let Me Down, Get Em High, The New Workout Plan, Through The Wire, Slow Jamz, Breathe In Breathe Out, School Spirit, Two Words, Family Business, Last Call, Wake Up Mr. West, Heard 'Em Say, Touch The Sky, Gold Digger, Skit #1, Drive Slow, My Way Home, Crack Music, Roses, Bring Me Down, Addiction, Skit #2, Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix), We Major, Skit #3, Hey Mama, Celebration, Skit #4, Gone, Diamonds From Sierra Leone, Late, Big Brother, Homecoming, The Glory, Everything I Am, Flashing Lights, Drunk And Hot Girls, Barry Bonds, Can't Tell Me Nothing, Good Life, I Wonder, Stronger, Champion, Good Morning, Say you will, Welcome to heartbreak, Heartless, Amazing, Love lockdown, Paranoid, Robocop, Street Lights, Bad news, See you in my nightmares, Coldest winter.

• it's so hard to narrow it down.

• kanye shits on most of the rap liked by you dudes.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i liked bonny & clyde.

yeah that track was good. besides, what was it, like, 95 seconds long?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    How ? by his impeccable flow ?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah, Kanye "haters" hahah.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    kanye shits on most of the rap liked by you dudes.

• T.I.'s verse on 'Swagger Like Us,' should get that song off the top ten.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I think there's a difference between a "Kanye song" i.e. a song on his own album produced by himself, and a song on which Kanye has a guest shot or simply produced.

If he has a wack verse on an otherwise decent song, I don't think that should be on the list. That should be on "Worst Kanye-on-the-mic" moments or something.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    as picked by vibe:
    4. I still love H.E.R-Kanye West

Not even a Kanye song.

5. M:I:III theme (remix)-Kanye West

Maybe worst song ever?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Whereas Kanye is not Rakim or Scarface, I find it really funny when people talk about how bad of a rhymer he is. He's not really THAT bad - granted he has some cringeworthy moments but motherfuckers telling me he THAT BAD? No I am not buying it, considering the proliferation of so many other "rappers" out there that motherfuckers ride for as being good. Fuckoutofherewiththatbullshittimestwenty.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Whereas Kanye is not Rakim or Scarface, I find it really funny when people talk about how bad of a rhymer he is. He's not really THAT bad - granted he has some cringeworthy moments but motherfuckers telling me he THAT BAD? No I am not buying it, considering the proliferation of so many other "rappers" out there that motherfuckers ride for as being good. Fuckoutofherewiththatbullshittimestwenty.

but when you realize how much of his rhyme style he straight BIT from Rhymefest, it's hard not to diss.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Go head kanye, collect all of them HATERS.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    everyone's style is bit from someone... hell all of Kanye's drums are admittedly No I.D.'s hand me downs.

How many dudes are really trying to push the envelope and willing to put themselves out there?

I think with all the bullshit out right now, Kanye deserves at LEAST not be shit on.

BTW who reads Vibe?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Kanye is one of the real rock stars we have; the world is way better with him. I need rock stars. The blogger tirades are incredible. Amazing. Music-wise he counts too. Come on.

• BTW who reads Vibe?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Anyone digging the new Nas track?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    as picked by vibe:
    2. Billie Jean 2008-Michael Jackson ft. Kanye West
    3. Bring Me down-Kanye West ft. Brandy
    4. I still love H.E.R-Kanye West
    5. M:I:III theme (remix)-Kanye West
    6. Do you wanna ride-Jay-Z ft. John Legend
    7. Drunk and hot girls-Kanye West ft. Mos Def
    8. The New Workout Plan (remix)- Ft. Kanye West, Fonzworth Bentley, Luke, and Twista (prod. Lil' Jon)
    9. The rape over-Mos Def
    10. '03 Bonnie and Cylde-Jay-Z ft. Beyonce

Some of those are pretty sucky, but I still like "Swagga Like Us", although I'm a little bewildered as to how T.I. got relegated to a supporting role on his own song.

Personally, I'd perm any ten tracks from 808s and Heartbreak, which has to be the worst album released by a major rap artist since God knows when.

Dude is actually kinda sharp and witty sometimes. You'd think there was something wrong with a rapper coming up with occasional snappy and memorable couplets, the way some people talk about Kanye on the mic. Granted, he's not a natural rapper, but it's not like he isn't aware of that and doesn't work harder to compensate for it. In any event, Kanye couldn't possibly be the worst emcee in the world while Group Home are still walking the earth. I just hope he never makes another album as miserable, wretched and borderline unlistenable as his last one.

• I like all of his albums.

He's not in the same coral as some GOATs, but he's definitely on the farm.

Even that last one? I've been back to that a few times, most recently after talking with one of my boys about it last week. Try as I might, if there's anything noteworthy about that record, then I'm afraid it's sailing right past me.

Graduation eventually grew on me, although not to the same extent as Late Registration, which I think is his best record and a great record by any standards. He needs to rein himself in a little, though, and realise that not every idea he has is a great idea.

• I haven't listened to 808s and heartbreaks repeatedly, but I enjoyed it the times I did. I'll probably go back to it and enjoy it at some point. I don't really read blogs or vibe or any of the things that talk about him, so I don't necessarily find him to be that offensive of a person. I just listen to his records and laugh at some of the random stories I hear about him. I'm not going to his shows. I'm not really caring if he sucks live. He's made some of the only rap albums that sound like "albums" in a long time. He's not the best rapper ever, but he's far from the worst. He's got some pretty great lines actually.

I don't even know why he is such a debated topic on here. Either you like him or you don't. I'm not aiming this at you Doc. Some people talk about him like he's Baby Bash or Shaq.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Hahah, Kanye "haters" hahah.

Hardly. I enjoyed most of his work up until and not including his current album. I just recognize that his rapping is the weakest link of his music. The production work he's done for people like The Game and Common is dope.

• we need a top-ten Kanye productions that excludes his solo albums.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dude is actually kinda sharp and witty sometimes.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Kanye West production discography

On a production top 10, I'd nominate:

Scarface - Guess Who's Back
    Beanie Sigel - Nothing Like It
    Alicia Keys - You Don't Know My Name
    Jay-Z - Heart of the City/This Can't Be Life