What Games Have You Beat?

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
so I am playing with my friends DS yesterday and the topic came up of how regular Nintendo had some of the hardest games on there....I never played as much as some people i know but i know I only beat a handful of games!Mario 1-3Marble MadnessMetroidMegamanZeldathat was all i could rememberwhat games did you conquer? what were some of the hardest?

Comments

• too many to remember dude but the first arcade game i beat with one quarter was Street Fighter II Champion Edition

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    oh and you none of that Game Genie noise!

i have NEVER beat a game with one quarter

• LapurLapur 60 Posts
    I beat Mike Tyson's punch out without getting hit, but I could never beat the first TMNT. The crap gameplay defeated my will to even make it past metalhead.

• Castlevania

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Has anyone ever beat Rygar on NES? That joint where you had the fiery yo-yo weapon and the grappling hook? That shit was crazy long. My friend and I got real far once, but then his idiot little brother hit the reset button. Punk batch.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    way too many to list

Mad Atari,Genesis,PS2, and PSP jokers.

memorable wins -

Atari-Adventure - when I won on Level 3 I felt like I graduated from Law Scool.

Winning the Gold on The Dream Team w/ Lithuania against the Dream Team was cool as fusk.

The NBA Championship on all the NBA LIVE jokers.

Defeating RA's AL Guel in Batman Begins on PS2 was pepper.

Eternal Champions - I worked for months to win w/ my favorite character and the ending was wack as hell.

Holyfield's Genesis joker was cool to win as well

HITMAN 3/Blood Money has a great ending.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - beating Dr.Doom was tha shit.

THE WARRIORS for PS2 was incredible.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Too many to list, recently:

LittleBigPlanet

I love the DS, lots of amazing titles on there.

I'm currently playing Metal Gear Solid 4 for the PS3.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    how many levels was Tetris?

i know some kid who got to like 32 and it was so fast i threw up. you have to look at the next piece and not where you're placing it

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    It does amaze me though that all you kids out there pop all this high profile shit about games and whose who and what game is cool and which game is wack, who sucks what, check out my mediocre (at best!) high score, teabag this, negro that, cracker said what type shit but none of you have jared at ebgames' number? Mad kids are sitting here watching what you cats are poppin off on and thinking you know what the deal is. Its mostly hilarious due to the fact that I would assume 80% of you fucks are beginning gamers. "Ohhh I beat Punch Out/Kung Fu/Mega Man...YAY!" Are you f*cking kids joking? "Whats the most you spend on games? F*ck that I only do the dollar bins cause THATS where the deals come into play!" You kids are f*cking herbs and Ill be the first and last to say it. On some price shit still?!?!? Cmon! Games are worth what they are worth to that individual player. Dont f*cking hate on some newbie cause they dont know their shit yet. WE WERE ALL THERE ONCE! Dont step up to the plate on some high roller big baller I got skills gaming and you dont shit unless you have heat. Which most of you DONT! The funniest thing is is that Ive played against some of you kids over the years and you cant play for SHIT! Word up! CAN'T PLAY SHIT! You sit on the mighty soulstrut board and pop knowledge about shit you know NOTHING about. None of you game for real. None of you are tracking down old nintendo powers or game zeros and getting cheat codes. None of you are learning about the culture of gaming. You just sit there with your silly emulators and pop like you know but you dont. You f*cking run down to the nickel and dime spots and pick up some game on your break from school/work/television with some negro surrounded by whiteys on the cover with afros and think you got a f*cking winner. f*cking punk ass little kids with your f*cking brand new ps portable trying to out-shine the next little rascal. Are you all for

• this dude beats mario 3 in 11 mins

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    SMB 1-3
    Mega Man 2-6
    Blaster Master (this was a serious accomplishment)
    Friday the 13th (this was a serious endurance test)
    Tecmo Pro Wrestling
    Castlevania 2

• way too many to list

Mad Atari,Genesis,PS2, and PSP jokers.

memorable wins -

Atari-Adventure - when I won on Level 3 I felt like I graduated from Law Scool.

HA HA HA i remember the feeling- it was truly a triumph to beat a game!
    I was the first kid on my street to beat Super Mario Bros...I was younger than most of the boys I played with, so they weren't too excited to get beat by the kid sister since we were all in competition w/one another. A true feat, and I could never get that level 3-1 (i think) mega one ups to never work for me either.

I worked hella hard on that, and had to end up getting glasses (Nintendo brand) as a result. I remember getting into arguments with my mom about keeping it on pause all day while we had to go run errands or stuff like that.

It's a trip playing it now too, especially the first level, I play it like a robot!! Even though my timing is a little off these days, it is really mechanical how I play certain levels. SERIOUSS!!!!

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I beat "Double Dragon" back in the day only after using cheats that allowed me to gain extra lives.

And "Double Dragon II" which was much easier than the first one.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    Little Big Adventure >>>>>>> LittleBigPlanet

edit: i just realized little big adventure was called twinsens adventure in the US

• too many to remember dude but the first arcade game i beat with one quarter was Street Fighter II Champion Edition

same!

Not on nintendo but I could never beat the career mode of Riddick Bowe's boxing tho I could mash up Bowe in a regular match. I think Metroid was one of the first games I ever beat

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    double dragon 2 without dying
    flying warriors
    demon sword (amazing game)
    bad dudes
    river city ransom
    bad news baseball

a bunch of others i cant think of right now. i buckle down on these things if they are worthwhile.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Mario 64 (with all 120 stars or whatever)
    Final Fantasy 7 (Golden Chocobo, Knights of Round)

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Second Life??.

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    YES!!!!!
    Besides the obvious(super mario,kung fu,zelda,etc) I loved this game and it took me soo f******g long to pass.

Gogol 13(Top Secret)

• anybody ever beat King's Quest without cheating or getting clues from someone?

You're a liar.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    King's Quest

Loved these games. I beat KQII, Space Quest 1&2, and Police Quest, and I used hints like a motherfucker on all of them. But I did try to just use hints when I was stuck. I didn't just sit there and read the hint book and do what it said.

On N64:

Super Mario 64 (never did the 120 stars or whatever, though)
    Skyfox 64 (mad easy)
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Goldeneye (on 007 mode)

• I was so happy to get past that damn hammer throw and finally, high jump.

• I was so happy to get past that damn hammer throw and finally, high jump.

did you ever do the finger nail style play with this game? Where you would take your fingernails and run them across the buttons to go extra fast. It was much faster than just pushing the button, but it was painful.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I was so happy to get past that damn hammer throw and finally, high jump.

did you ever do the finger nail style play with this game? Where you would take your fingernails and run them across the buttons to go extra fast. It was much faster than just pushing the button, but it was painful.

We used a pocket comb.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Super Mario 64 (never did the 120 stars or whatever, though)

Which means you've never seen Yoshi chillin' at the top of the castle???

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• too many to list from atari 7200 up to now.

most recently:
    Call of Duty4
    God of War 1&2

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Have any of you beat Ghost and Goblins for the NES? Not the SNES version, it's easier.

Have any of you passed the first stage of Ghost and Goblins?

That is like the hardest game I ever played.

And Kid Icarus, too. Though I saw my uncle beat that so I know it's possible.