keeping it real: the wonders of airbrushing (nrr)

waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
This is kinda cool. I still love Alicia.Airbrushed divas and supermodels.

Comments

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    fascinating.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    This is kinda cool. I still love Alicia.

Airbrushed divas and supermodels.

Yeah that's interesting. I'd like to learn how to do better manipulation with Photoshop like that.

It's still kinda funny how women that are supposed to be super dope looking even aren't.

It's also funny that a few of the "before" pics actually look better to me.

i like how they boosted the t & a on a few. stein. . .

i like how they boosted the t & a on a few. stein. . .

Haha, yeah I saw that.

I've got a good airbrushing one though.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

virtual spanking in real time

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I work for one of the best retouchers in the business (we did the cover of "Emancipation of Mimi") and I can tell you that those before pictures are retouched already. You don't want to see real[/b] before pictures of 90% of the celebrities out there, there's hotter women on the A train every morning.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    These all look like cartoons to me.

- spidey

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    It's also funny that a few of the "before" pics actually look better to me.

The third pic is of Alicia - and she looks a lot better and less-cartoonish on the before. But hey - I guess some of us like the 'natural' look more ... whatev's.

There was an article I read in a magazine years ago that tried to trace a pre-dominance of homosexuality (no hate) in the fashion industry to the strange, often cartoonish images of women (exaggerated colours in make-up and buggin' out eyes and lips.) I think there's some truth there ...

• strikeskistrikeski 95 Posts
    I wouldnt like to arm-wrestle kelis ont that before pic..

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

one of the cats in my crew did this shit back in the day, sick airbrushing is tight...

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Truly fascinating.

It's interesting to see all the touchups of bellys and armpits, too.

badu = scary

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

one of the cats in my crew did this shit back in the day, sick airbrushing is tight...

holy fuck! welcome back homie! holler at a player with your new number and shit.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I think Tom Thumz/Delay used to do some of that type of work...The before image for this one is particularly interesting (they covered up her butt cleavage instead of accentuating it in the after shot).

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    mmmmm... butt cleavage...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I think Tom Thumz/Delay used to do some of that type of work...The before image for this one is particularly interesting (they covered up her butt cleavage instead of accentuating it in the after shot).

the higher up jeans make her ass look bigger.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I think airbrushing is cool from an artistic perspective, subtle manipulation of whats already there to change the impression it gives...... or whatever..

Media-wise I think it is giving people (especially youngsters) a totally unrealistic idea of what they think they should be aspiring to, in the way they look at themselves and others.

But airbrushing as a..... err..... thing, is cool.

Its like:

Airbrushing........... cool.

The worldwide subconsious psychological knock-on effects of airbrushing in the media.......... naw mang.

............. I'll get my coat.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Actually a lot of those girls look better in the before shots.

Anybody else notice that they consistently make Melyssa Ford's a$$ bigger?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

I think it's added volume from the airbrusing that makes her ass look bigger, not the position of her jeans...

I like to picture this dude spending his days contemplating how to better accentuate black women's asses :

"I am the Bob Ross of this airbrush shit."

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

I think it's added volume from the airbrusing that makes her ass look bigger, not the position of her jeans...

I like to picture this dude spending his days contemplating how to better accentuate black women's asses :

Yea, they deffinatly added some booty on this one. The thing that freaks me out is they smoothed out her rib cage so you don't think about the fact that so many of these girls starve themselves. but, really it's pretty sick that they think they have to make these people "look better". So many kids don't know how much of this goes on. And even people that say "oh that's just airbrushed" still get mind warped into thinking that people should really look this way. Plus, some of these girls seem to have real breasts but the air brush makes them look fake.

I'll never forget the first time I found out about air brushed photos. I went in for my senior pics and I told the guy I wanted to put it off a couple days cuz I had a massive zit on my check. He said "oh we airbrush everything anyhow so don't even worry about that." I was like "you can't be serious".

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

wow that's a trip, i didn't even realize. guess that's the beauty of airbrushing..

"I am the Bob Ross of this airbrush shit."

"We don't make mistakes here, we just have happy accidents. We want happy, happy paintings. Little bit of black, a little bit of blue.. some criss-cross strokes.. There you go, that nasty butt cleavage is all gone."

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    This is some serious deception right here,i really thought that Vida's ass was that big.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    wow that dude with the airbrushing styles is CRAZY! yeah a lot of people don't look anything like they're glamourized versions. My favorite pieces of his are these.

How did he turn this

into this

or better still, this

to this?!

its sucks when you find out beautiful people (no ayo) don't look exactly as they seem

• "I am the Pete Townsend of this airbrush shit."

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Do I see razor stubble on Serena?!?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Goddam... that one chick, next to bottom row, second from right... is that Amerie??? The before pic look like a mug shot. Forehead all wolfy and shit.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    wow that dude with the airbrushing styles is CRAZY! yeah a lot of people don't look anything like they're glamourized versions. My favorite pieces of his are these.

How did he turn this

into this

or better still, this

to this?!

its sucks when you find out beautiful people (no ayo) don't look exactly as they seem

Dudes are sleeping on these works right here

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

How did he turn this

into this

or better still, this

to this?!

*applause*

But airbrushing as a..... err..... thing, is cool.

It's so funny that everyone still calls it airbrushing. I mean, when was the last time air or brush had anything to do with touching up photos?

Goddam... that one chick, next to bottom row, second from right... is that Amerie??? The before pic look like a mug shot. Forehead all wolfy and shit.
    DAMN. . .that is amerie. looks like she just jumped out of bed no make up nothin. stein. . .