EMERITUS THREAD

deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
img src="http://i34.tinypic.com/xni5h2.jpg"1b, 21b, 21non-Recession album of the year imob, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I really really like what I've heard of this album so far. So much better than Made.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    soulstrut, where slum village demo tapes get more attention than scarface

• Does anyone really care about J. Prince's personal beefs?? That intro is unnecessary in my opinion.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21soulstrut, where slum village demo tapes get more attention than scarface
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21*yawn* You channeling Harvey these days or something?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Does anyone really care about J. Prince's personal beefs?? That intro is unnecessary in my opinion.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21By the way, I really like the album.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    When I saw Herm was the last person to post in this thread, I thought it was a thread about soulstrut posters emeritus, such as Herm.b, 21b, 21Haven't heard the new scarface. Didn't even know it was out.b, 21b, 21I sound white.b, 21I am white.b, 21JRoot

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21soulstrut, where slum village demo tapes get more attention than scarface
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21*yawn* You channeling Harvey these days or something?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21by the all-cap title and grandiose wording he no doubt expected this thread to be huge.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    lol, u guys like shitty rap musicb, 21b, 213 pages of clipse talk now

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21lol, u guys like shitty rap music
    b, 21
    b, 213 pages of clipse talk now
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Funny you say that. To me that song you posted is shitty.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yah sorry this record isnt the hip hop yankee hotel foxtrot

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shit i forgot about thisb, 21i'll check it out tonight

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i also fail to see how a thread about scarface is comparable to harvey being butthurt about ppl not paying attention to mixtapes by obscure rappers from lubbock

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21Just like all his other efforts,he's consistent.

• Ill peep the album but that single is lukewarm.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    its one of my favorite 'face singles actually - real musically original, esp for a rapper who could get away w/ a hookless generic track and still make it amazing

• HamHam 872 Posts
    one of the best albums this year

• sounds good so far!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    wait til yall get to the title track (((d-_-b)))

• Great record!! b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Does anyone really care about J. Prince's personal beefs?? That intro is unnecessary in my opinion.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1Are you kidding me? Best intro I've heard in years. b, 21b, 21"Yo Face!"... b, 21b, 21Come on, dude!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Have now listened to the album properly and pleased to hear that it's solid all the way through. I still think the title track is the stand out for me but overall it's a really decent album with beats that showcase Face's abilities and far better than I expected after how lukewarm Made was. b, 21b, 21It saddens me a little how a thread about a good new album by a rap legend can't even reach two pages on the Strut.

• The single is not indicative of the album. The album is great. I hated the single at first, but have come around. The single and the intro are the weakest links on this record, imo. Don't let them turn you off to the rest of the record. That shit bangs real hard.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    THIS is the REAL single.b, 21b, 21object width="448" height="374"1param name="movie" value="http://videos.onsmash.com/e/THGiBXvs5TMyS8mg"1/param1param name="allowFullscreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowNetworking" value="all"1/param1param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="http://videos.onsmash.com/e/THGiBXvs5TMyS8mg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" width="448" height="374"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21This is what Rap-a-Lot has been pushing to dj's. Glad to see Papa Reu back on the scene too.

• i like that single quite a bit and the title track is img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21wait til yall get to the title track (((d-_-b)))
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21THIS DEEJERY IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLEb, 21b, 21Album's really good, though.b, 21b, 21And, dudes: stop hating on i1Made/i1. No, it wasn't i1The Fix II/i1, but that was a pretty uncharacteristic album for Face. If you liked his pre-i1Fix/i1 albums, I really don't see how you wouldn't be feeling i1Made/i1.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21The single is not indicative of the album. The album is great. I hated the single at first, but have come around. The single and the intro are the weakest links on this record, imo. Don't let them turn you off to the rest of the record. That shit bangs real hard.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21yah if yr talking about 'high powered' yr just wrong straight up -- its a banger

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm not too into the cut posted in this thread...I mean, Face does his thing as always, but the beat and the hook are img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ehhzu7.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21I am gonna check this album, though.

• I'll spark a img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-slowburner.gif" alt="" 21 to this.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I'm not too into the cut posted in this thread...I mean, Face does his thing as always, but the beat and the hook are
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ehhzu7.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I am gonna check this album, though.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21you dudes who tune shit out every time you hear a synth and someone who sounds vaguely carribean are missing out

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I'm not too into the cut posted in this thread
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21damn - I've listened to it three times in a row now. b, 21b, 21b, 21I'll probably have to wait three months before it gets up here, too. b, 21b, 21Fack.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21The single is not indicative of the album. The album is great. I hated the single at first, but have come around. The single and the intro are the weakest links on this record, imo. Don't let them turn you off to the rest of the record. That shit bangs real hard.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21yah if yr talking about 'high powered' yr just wrong straight up -- its a banger
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21deleted.