Champion of the oppressed,

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I'm a quarter Lebanese, thats gotta get me a pass for something. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21One free falafal at Falafal King.....that's about it. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Day? A little help? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Eat a dick. You can put it in a falafel if that makes it taste better.

• I think it was Chris Rock who said Native's had it worse than black people, why? "When's the last time you saw 2 Indians in real life?" img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/raerface.gif" alt="" /1 Not saying Native's have it worse than others, but most people just don't realize. I don't know if anyone realizes how screwed up the lives of some American Indians are to this date. b, 21b, 21I was gonna show you guys what the Sioux reservation in Pine Ridge, South Dakota looks like, but apparently google maps doesn't work for some reason. Imagine downtown with an upside down flag hangin up front, homes built poorly by hand, commoditie foods as a daily regular meal, the suicide rate is 3 times the normal rate, only jobs are government, eduction, and the few businesses in town. b, 21b, 21This was only 3 years ago when I visited....

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I love when white people come with the "buh...buh...but...what about [i]us/i1!" shit. Like that somehow gives them free reign to make ignorant or racist comments. "We've ALL been wronged so get over it." is the weakest cop out ever. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 I wasnt addressing it as a cop out and as a free pass to say ignorant shit. I just think the ignoring of other forms of discrimination in history is stupid and ignorant in itself. Case in point, some of the statements that have accompanied the mention of Irish discrimination...it got laughed off with a GTFOHWTBS attitdue. Just an example of how the race threads on the strut suck. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Let's be honest....Irish, or any other caucasion ethnic group, get no love on the Strut. b, 21b, 21I believe it's a combination of white guilt, selective sympathy and the general feeling that caucasoids are the cause of most of the problems we have faced as a society.b, 21b, 21Reasonable or not, that's the way it is here. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Please stop your whining. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Hardly whining.....just stating how I see things.b, 21b, 21DEAL.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21Janitor Willyb, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Willie is Scottish you dipshit

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21Janitor Willyb, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Willie is Scottish you dipshit b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21why don't I feel bad for getting that wrong?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I love when white people come with the "buh...buh...but...what about [i]us/i1!" shit. Like that somehow gives them free reign to make ignorant or racist comments. "We've ALL been wronged so get over it." is the weakest cop out ever. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 I wasnt addressing it as a cop out and as a free pass to say ignorant shit. I just think the ignoring of other forms of discrimination in history is stupid and ignorant in itself. Case in point, some of the statements that have accompanied the mention of Irish discrimination...it got laughed off with a GTFOHWTBS attitdue. Just an example of how the race threads on the strut suck. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Let's be honest....Irish, or any other caucasion ethnic group, get no love on the Strut. b, 21b, 21I believe it's a combination of white guilt, selective sympathy and the general feeling that caucasoids are the cause of most of the problems we have faced as a society.b, 21b, 21Reasonable or not, that's the way it is here. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Please stop your whining. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" /1b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Hardly whining.....just stating how I see things.b, 21b, 21DEAL. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21I have added a winky face to my original post. b, 21b, 21But seriously, why even bring this up now? b, 21One day a year we can't remember the suffering of Native American's?b, 21[^said with NY Jew accent]

• Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21But is it okay for little kids to dress up like Pilgrims and Indians? Or is it just anethema to standards of acceptability. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21If you want to have a serious discussion about the original article, post it up. b, 21The link in your post is broken. b, 21b, 21Folks it's Thanksgiving. b, 21Let's talk about how the Puritans were discriminated against in England and then almost starved when they got here.b, 21b, 21Let's talk about how by the time Puritans came over, 128 years of contact with Europeans had spread disease across America and Native populations had diminished to a tiny fraction of what they had been before and entire civilizations had collapsed. b, 21b, 21How should we teach this to our children?b, 21b, 21This is going to sound radical, but perhaps the best thing would be to tell them the truth. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Its the one holiday that everyone can celebrate, do we really need to be thinking about genocide. I mean, I'm all for teaching about the genocide as part of American History, but whats wrong with teaching to kindergardeners the Spirit of Thanksgiving - coming together as friends - even if it may not be historically accurate. I mean most national holidays, which are based on legends anyway, do this.

Quote:h, 21b, 21"We've ALL been wronged so get over it." is the weakest cop out ever. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I agree.b, 21b, 21I have no problem ranking The Evils Of Whites Throughout Herstory. b, 21b, 21It changes, depending on my mood, but Top Five Lists are heet and I will never shy away from laying it all on the line with a breakyoudown list.b, 21b, 21so, okay, here's my List Of Evil USA Whiteman Babylon Dutty Crimes:b, 21b, 211. Slavery Of Africans. I mean comeon blud comeon.b, 21b, 212. Genocide of Natives. Straight up killt them, which is somehow more honest than enslaving someone. b, 21b, 213. Japanese Internment. May get more run due to local angle, not sure. Helps to re-up uncomfortableness associated with "model minority" designation, due to Government apologies/cash. My friends' mom bought a Jeep Cherokee (ohhhh racism LEVELS right there!) with her reparations_cash.b, 21b, 214. Neurotic Jewish Comedians. Over it. Larry David's bomb, sure, but pull the plug on about 70% of them.b, 21b, 215. White Liberal Guilt. b, 21b, 21Man I'm not seeing "Irish" anywhere on there...y'all are out of luck AKA we don't believe you, you need more people AKA Janitor Willy isn't on the level of blackface b, 21b, 21ps see how I put number 5 in there even making myself a victem holy shit maybe it's in our blood b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21As a middle aged white man I have ZERO guilt about all of the above(well OK, I did see Jackie Mason in the Catskills once and it made me feel uncomfortable when some of the punchlines were in Yiddish.)b, 21b, 21I am acounatble for my actions and only my actions.b, 21b, 21I am neither proud nor ashamed of what some of my ancestors may or may not have done because I had no hand in it nor control over it.b, 21b, 21At some point it will be time to move forward.b, 21b, 21I understand I'm not the one to determine when that time is but the sooner it happens, the better off everyone will be.

Quote:h, 21b, 21Janitor Willieb, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21There: fixed!

Quote:h, 21b, 21"We've ALL been wronged so get over it." is the weakest cop out ever. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I agree.b, 21b, 21I have no problem ranking The Evils Of Whites Throughout Herstory. b, 21b, 21It changes, depending on my mood, but Top Five Lists are heet and I will never shy away from laying it all on the line with a breakyoudown list.b, 21b, 21so, okay, here's my List Of Evil USA Whiteman Babylon Dutty Crimes:b, 21b, 211. Slavery Of Africans. I mean comeon blud comeon.b, 21b, 212. Genocide of Natives. Straight up killt them, which is somehow more honest than enslaving someone. b, 21b, 213. Japanese Internment. May get more run due to local angle, not sure. Helps to re-up uncomfortableness associated with "model minority" designation, due to Government apologies/cash. My friends' mom bought a Jeep Cherokee (ohhhh racism LEVELS right there!) with her reparations_cash.b, 21b, 214. Neurotic Jewish Comedians. Over it. Larry David's bomb, sure, but pull the plug on about 70% of them.b, 21b, 215. White Liberal Guilt. b, 21b, 21Man I'm not seeing "Irish" anywhere on there...y'all are out of luck AKA we don't believe you, you need more people AKA Janitor Willy isn't on the level of blackface b, 21b, 21ps see how I put number 5 in there even making myself a victem holy shit maybe it's in our blood b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21strike1As a middle aged white man I have ZERO guilt about all of the above(well OK, I did see Jackie Mason in the Catskills once and it made me feel uncomfortable when some of the punchlines were in Yiddish.)b, 21b, 21I am acounatble for my actions and only my actions.b, 21b, 21I am neither proud nor ashamed of what some of my ancestors may or may not have done because I had no hand in it nor control over it.b, 21b, 21At some point it will be time to move forward.b, 21b, 21I understand I'm not the one to determine when that time is but the sooner it happens, the better off everyone will be./strike1 GET OVER IT b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1

font class="post"1b, 21b, 21strike1As a middle aged white man I have ZERO guilt about all of the above(well OK, I did see Jackie Mason in the Catskills once and it made me feel uncomfortable when some of the punchlines were in Yiddish.)b, 21b, 21I am acounatble for my actions and only my actions.b, 21b, 21I am neither proud nor ashamed of what some of my ancestors may or may not have done because I had no hand in it nor control over it.b, 21b, 21At some point it will be time to move forward.b, 21b, 21I understand I'm not the one to determine when that time is but the sooner it happens, the better off everyone will be./strike1 GET OVER IT b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Damn....that Nader quip really hit home.

Quote:h, 21b, 21Janitor Willieb, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21There: fixed! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21hahab, 21b, 21oops, I mean - AS A SCOTTISH AMERICAN I AM OFFENDED BY THE JANITOR WILLIE STEREOTYPE

font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Damn....that Nader quip really hit home. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Well that is basically what youre saying.

Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I am acounatble for my actions and only my actions.b, 21b, 21I am neither proud nor ashamed of what some of my ancestors may or may not have done because I had no hand in it nor control over it.b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21comeon dood.

font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Thanks interesting article. It's like strut playing out in the real world. b, 21b, 21We are talking about kindergarteners. b, 21We are not going to teach them American history.b, 21b, 21But what we do teach them should be true. b, 21b, 21The myth of the first Thanksgiving just is not true.b, 21b, 21Why not teach them truth?b, 21b, 21We have Thanksgiving to spend a day with family and friends to give thanks for all the things we have. Especially, plenty to eat. b, 21b, 21I would think that's most of what a kindergartener needs to know. You can also teach them that Americans have been celebrating thanksgiving for hundreds of years. b, 21b, 21You can still have one school bring Thanksgiving to another school. b, 21b, 21Then in 4th grade... POW!... we will teach them about Puritan persecution, Native American genocide, Japanese internment and the Birmingham bus boycott and .

font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Thanks interesting article. It's like strut playing out in the real world. b, 21b, 21We are talking about kindergarteners. b, 21We are not going to teach them American history.b, 21b, 21But what we do teach them should be true. b, 21b, 21The myth of the first Thanksgiving just is not true.b, 21b, 21Why not teach them truth?b, 21b, 21We have Thanksgiving to spend a day with family and friends to give thanks for all the things we have. Especially, plenty to eat. b, 21b, 21I would think that's most of what a kindergartener needs to know. You can also teach them that Americans have been celebrating thanksgiving for hundreds of years. b, 21b, 21You can still have one school bring Thanksgiving to another school. b, 21b, 21Then in 4th grade... POW!... we will teach them about Puritan persecution, Native American genocide, Japanese internment and the Birmingham bus boycott and . b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 214 years is a good run.

Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I am acounatble for my actions and only my actions.b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I am amazed that I know people who feel no need to make a world a better place beyond their own home.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21"My son was so proud," she said. "In his eyes, he thinks that's what it looks like to be Indian."b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21He doesn't look drunk at all. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21So that's it, pussy? That's all you've got to say about it?

Quote:h, 21b, 21"My son was so proud," she said. "In his eyes, he thinks that's what it looks like to be Indian."b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21So that's it, pussy? That's all you've got to say about it? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yes. If you cant take a joke, especially one that isnt even about you, getting all offended and crap like you were an indian or something, than thats your problem. Read the whole thread before you type. You're so pompous an ass you don't see the irony. God get the F*ck over yourself.

• This account says that it kind of happened.b, 21b, 21In a letter to a friend, dated December 1621, Edward Winslow wrote: "Our harvest being gotten in, our Governor sent four men on fowling, that so we might after a more special manner rejoice together, after we had gathered the fruit of our labors; they four in one day killed as much fowl as, with a little help beside, served the Company almost a week, at which time, among other Recreations, we exercised our Arms, many of the Indians coming amongst us, and among the rest their greatest King Massasoit, with some 90 men, whom for three days we entertained and feasted and they went out and killed five Deer, which they brought to the Plantation and bestowed on our Governor, and upon the Captain and others."

Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I am acounatble for my actions and only my actions.b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I am amazed that I know people who feel no need to make a world a better place beyond their own home. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Why would you come to that conclusion....my actions can make the world a better or worse place.....and which ever I choose, I'm accountable for those actions.b, 21b, 21And if I do something that does indeed make the world a worse place, I'll feel guilty about it.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21So that's it, pussy? That's all you've got to say about it? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yes. If you cant take a joke, especially one that isnt even about you, getting all offended and crap like you were an indian or something, than thats your problem. Read the whole thread before you type. You're so pompous an ass you don't see the irony. God get the F*ck over yourself. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Damn you are dumb.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21Man I'm not seeing "Irish" anywhere on there...y'all are out of luck AKA we don't believe you, you need more people AKA Janitor Willy isn't on the level of blackfaceb, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21beyond ignorant. b, 21b, 21plaese to see the history of New York City from about 1820 to the first world war.b, 21b, 21Although I know I am playing Devil's Advocate, this kind of thing really rattles my cage...exactly what I was talking about...ignorance worn as a badge of honor.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yes. If you cant take a joke, especially one that isnt even about you, getting all offended and crap like you were an indian or something, than thats your problem. Read the whole thread before you type. You're so pompous an ass you don't see the irony. God get the F*ck over yourself. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You know, over the years things like this have come up and most times (save for one, which was actually very similar to what you wrote) things have been whatever. b, 21But when I told my Native American wife who just brought my Native American children home from school what you said, I was met with a img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif" alt="" /1 Even she was shocked by it. FYI, that "drunken Injun" stereotype is a very real and sensitive one to Native people. If she posted on here she would probably rip you a new asshole, but since she doesn't, I will instead. b, 21b, 21Understand now, bitch?

Quote:h, 21b, 21Man I'm not seeing "Irish" anywhere on there...y'all are out of luck AKA we don't believe you, you need more people AKA Janitor Willy isn't on the level of blackfaceb, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21beyond ignorant. b, 21b, 21plaese to see the history of New York City from about 1820 to the first world war.b, 21b, 21Although I know I am playing Devil's Advocate, this kind of thing really rattles my cage...exactly what I was talking about...ignorance worn as a badge of honor. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I don't think you're playing Devil's Advocate, I think you're speaking the truth.

I love race threads on the strut the smell of asshurt in the morning

Quote:h, 21b, 21Man I'm not seeing "Irish" anywhere on there...y'all are out of luck AKA we don't believe you, you need more people AKA Janitor Willy isn't on the level of blackfaceb, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21beyond ignorant. b, 21b, 21plaese to see the history of New York City from about 1820 to the first world war.b, 21b, 21Although I know I am playing Devil's Advocate, this kind of thing really rattles my cage...exactly what I was talking about...ignorance worn as a badge of honor. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21eh.b, 21b, 21not so sure. Brings me to the "now" part...

• So ask her if she has a problem with kids dressing up as Pilgrims and Indians in kindergarden.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    jesus, shut the F*ck up already.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I am acounatble for my actions and only my actions.b, 21b, 21I am neither proud nor ashamed of what some of my ancestors may or may not have done because I had no hand in it nor control over it.b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Where do you think all the land we call America came from??? You profit from conquest and genocide.