Champion of the oppressed,

1235

  Comments


  • dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21jesus, shut the F*ck up already. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Jesus was Scottish.

  • What, I wanna know and as far as I can tell, she is the only person that could talk about it with any authority.

  • dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21What, I wanna know and as far as I can tell, she is the only person that could talk about it with any authority. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21male gynecologist argument, I LIKES!b, 21b, 21I use that one too.

  • RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I am acounatble for my actions and only my actions.b, 21b, 21I am neither proud nor ashamed of what some of my ancestors may or may not have done because I had no hand in it nor control over it.b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Where do you think all the land we call America came from??? You profit from conquest and genocide. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I'm neither proud nor ashamed that I just happened to be born in a country that had a heinous past.b, 21b, 21Most countries do.

  • What we need here is for Vitamin to channel the spirit of the oppressed Native American tribes and talk right down to earth in a language that Sabadabada can easily understand.

  • twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Related to the original post, I'm not sure the issue is as much about the true history of Indian/Pilgrim relations, but rather the loss or confusion about one's identity. b, 21b, 21Regardless of the severity of injustice suffered by various peoples, only some of them are still having to deal with it on a daily basis. Somehow, I don't think many white people fall into that category.

  • dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I'm neither proud nor ashamed that I just happened to be born in a country that had a heinous past.b, 21b, 21Most countries do. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21comeon.

  • Quote:h, 21b, 21What we need here is for Vitamin to channel the spirit of the oppressed Native American tribes and talk right down to earth in a language that Sabadabada can easily understand. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21Preferably in the form of a HOT 16

  • RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I am acounatble for my actions and only my actions.b, 21b, 21I am neither proud nor ashamed of what some of my ancestors may or may not have done because I had no hand in it nor control over it.b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Where do you think all the land we call America came from??? You profit from conquest and genocide. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Seriously, should I move back to my ancestors homeland and feel guilt about the Holocaust or stay here and feel guilt about the folks who committed genocide???

  • Man. I knew I was catch shit for that somehow. b, 21b, 21I apologize to Day for my insensitive remark and poor attempt at a joke. I'm sorry that it got his wife all upset. I know that alcoholsim abuse is a problem in the Native American community, that it's both a social problem and a medical predisposition that causes a lot of pain and suffering. It was a bad attempt at a joke, its not how I feel about Native Americans.

  • dayday 9,612 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21What, I wanna know and as far as I can tell, she is the only person that could talk about it with any authority. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21And I'm sure she's dying to answer your burning question. I'll ask her once she sobers up.

  • Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21What, I wanna know and as far as I can tell, she is the only person that could talk about it with any authority. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21And I'm sure she's dying to answer your burning question. I'll ask her once she sobers up. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Well how do you feel about, it must have come up, especially if you have little kids.

  • RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I'm neither proud nor ashamed that I just happened to be born in a country that had a heinous past.b, 21b, 21Most countries do. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21comeon. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I know you haven't been here long but it's well established on the Strut that being patriotic or proud of a country just because your mother happened to spit your ass out on it's soil is ridiculous.......yet we should feel shame for it??b, 21b, 21GTFOOHWTBS

  • dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21 I'll ask her once she sobers up. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21takin back the power of the joke I FEEL THIS!

  • my son is half native american and he did not want to dress up as an indian for christmas, he chose the dinosaur costume.b, 21b, 21I think the people have spoken.

  • RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21What we need here is for Vitamin to channel the spirit of the oppressed Native American tribes and talk right down to earth in a language that Sabadabada can easily understand. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/funnypost.gif" alt="" /1

  • RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21my son is half native american and he did not want to dress up as an indian for christmas, he chose the dinosaur costume.b, 21b, 21I think the people have spoken. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Where do you dress like a dinosaur for X-Mas....never heard of that?

  • dayday 9,612 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21What, I wanna know and as far as I can tell, she is the only person that could talk about it with any authority. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21And I'm sure she's dying to answer your burning question. I'll ask her once she sobers up. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Well how do you feel about, it must have come up, especially if you have little kids.* b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21No one here has a problem with the original topic. My youngest son wanted to dress up like a Pilgrim. I've told them about the real history in a context they could understand. I feel kids should remain unaware of certain truths for as long as possible though. Kids need to be kids. Let us carry the burden of knowledge. There will be time for them to argue on Soulstrut when they're older.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21*ha - you edited out your apology? classy.

  • I also want to know if Native Americans don't like the symbols of traditional costume. Not the charactures they use in team mascots because those are pretty bad. But is dressing up in a paper head dress, etc. considered offensive in itself, or is it when children who aren't indians and have no idea what or why dress up that way? If the Thanksgiving really happened, istn that a good place to start teaching about Native American and European History because its actually a positive thing?

  • Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21my son is half native american and he did not want to dress up as an indian for christmas, he chose the dinosaur costume.b, 21b, 21I think the people have spoken. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Where do you dress like a dinosaur for X-Mas....never heard of that? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21El Paso, duh.

  • dayday 9,612 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I also want to know if Native Americans don't like the symbols of traditional costume. Not the charactures they use in team mascots because those are pretty bad. But is dressing up in a paper head dress, etc. considered offensive in itself, or is it when children who aren't indians and have no idea what or why dress up that way? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Maybe some hardcore AIM type folks, but in general, nah.

  • dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I know you haven't been here long but it's well established on the Strut that being patriotic or proud of a country just because your mother happened to spit your ass out on it's soil is ridiculous.......yet we should feel shame for it??b, 21b, 21GTFOOHWTBS b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I been here coming up on 34 years.b, 21b, 2134 years of absolutely BLOWING_IT, honestly. b, 21b, 21The point here is that you have to recognize and realize you've been the beneficiary of some sheisty shit. Still on top, while others are still on the bottom.b, 21b, 21Came out my momma's pussy I've never been on welfare...surfed couches a few years in my twenties, always knowing I had a safety net. I'm doing my part to level the playing field, why not you? b, 21b, 21LOLb, 21b, 21Really though, do you really believe that you're wherever you are based solely on merit?

  • Quote:h, 21b, 21I also want to know if Native Americans don't like the symbols of traditional costume. Not the charactures they use in team mascots because those are pretty bad. But is dressing up in a paper head dress, etc. considered offensive in itself, or is it when children who aren't indians and have no idea what or why dress up that way? If the Thanksgiving really happened, istn that a good place to start teaching about Native American and European History because its actually a positive thing? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Well the one thing I can breakyoudown on right now is the Eagle Feathersb, 21The baby mama explained to me that in her Nation, the eagle feathers were sacred in a sense. b, 21They held a lot of symbolism and to just go out and get one was a no-no.b, 21A feather had to be bestowed upon you but an elder.

  • verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21my son is half native american and he did not want to dress up as an indian for christmas, he chose the dinosaur costume.b, 21b, 21I think the people have spoken. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Where do you dress like a dinosaur for X-Mas....never heard of that? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I thought he was talking about Festivus.

  • And I ask it seriously, because I always thought of them as being really imporatnt symbols of America, and my education was not that progressive. But Native Americans were always depicted as being conservationists, self sufficient, and ingenuitive. So if I was a Native American and kids wanted to pretend to be "indians" I would probably think its cool. But is the costume as interpreted by non indians, carry too much history with it?

  • Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21Came out my momma's pussy b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21ew.

  • Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21Well the one thing I can breakyoudown on right now is the Eagle Feathersb, 21The baby mama explained to me that in her Nation, the eagle feathers were sacred in a sense. b, 21They held a lot of symbolism and to just go out and get one was a no-no.b, 21A feather had to be bestowed upon you but an elder. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yea. I see that. Its too bad there isnt more of that kind of stuff today. But if you taught kids that while they were making their construction paper hats that would be a good thing.

  • SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I know you haven't been here long but it's well established on the Strut that being patriotic or proud of a country just because your mother happened to spit your ass out on it's soil is ridiculous.......yet we should feel shame for it??b, 21b, 21GTFOOHWTBS b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I been here coming up on 34 years.b, 21b, 2134 years of absolutely BLOWING_IT, honestly. b, 21b, 21The point here is that you have to recognize and realize you've been the beneficiary of some sheisty shit. Still on top, while others are still on the bottom.b, 21b, 21Came out my momma's pussy I've never been on welfare...surfed couches a few years in my twenties, always knowing I had a safety net. I'm doing my part to level the playing field, why not you? b, 21b, 21LOLb, 21b, 21Really though, do you really believe that you're wherever you are based solely on merit? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21stop posting please

  • srsly.

  • LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I am acounatble for my actions and only my actions.b, 21b, 21I am neither proud nor ashamed of what some of my ancestors may or may not have done because I had no hand in it nor control over it.b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Where do you think all the land we call America came from??? You profit from conquest and genocide. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Seriously, should I move back to my ancestors homeland and feel guilt about the Holocaust or stay here and feel guilt about the folks who committed genocide??? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You are the only one here talking about guilt.b, 21b, 21No one has asked you to feel guilty. b, 21b, 21Most of us acknowledge American history.b, 21b, 21Most of us acknowledge how we have benefited.b, 21b, 21Most of us realize that makes us accountable for the past. b, 21b, 21Most of us realize it is our duty to do what we can to correct past wrongs. b, 21b, 21You and Saba seem to be the only ones who don't give a fusk. b, 21b, 21Instead of admitting you don't give a fusk, you start talking about guilty.
Sign In or Register to comment.