Champion of the oppressed,

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21"My son was so proud," she said. "In his eyes, he thinks that's what it looks like to be Indian."b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21He doesn't look drunk at all. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21F[i]/i1UCK YOU MOTHERF[i]/i1UCKER.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Why did we unban Saba again?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I think the laughing off is the idea that the Irish had an equivalent experience as African Americans, Native Americans or Asian Americans in the 19th century. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Not saying they did.. Could there not be a case for it?b, 21b, 21http://www.google.ca/search?q=irish+geno...lient=firefox-a/a1

• Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21"My son was so proud," she said. "In his eyes, he thinks that's what it looks like to be Indian."b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21He doesn't look drunk at all. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21F[i]/i1UCK YOU MOTHERF[i]/i1UCKER. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Does this mean I get to keep my teeth?

• Quote:h, 21b, 21Why is that every time the suffering of one group is mentioned, like the genocide of Native Americans, all the privileged white folks start crying about how hard life is for them?b, 21b, 21Why can't they wait till Saint Patrick's Day to whine about their awful life? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21this is the attitude I was addressing. why doesnt everyone shut the F*ck up about discrimination? All it ever turns into is "this people suffered more" "no they didnt, these people suffered more" "you suck" "no you suck" and 90% of the f*cking time it is folks who not even of the f*cking ethnicity/race being discussed.b, 21b, 21The race threads and discussion of discrimination on the strut are pathetic and a huge joke.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yeah, I don't need to smash your teeth in. From the looks of that horrible overbite, you've got enough dental problems as it is. I'm not gonna get violent over your ignorance. b, 21b, 21But f[i]/i1uck you just the same.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I think the laughing off is the idea that the Irish had an equivalent experience as African Americans, Native Americans or Asian Americans in the 19th century. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Not saying they did.. Could there not be a case for it?b, 21b, 21http://www.google.ca/search?q=irish+geno...lient=firefox-a/a1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I'm talking in America.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21Yeah, I don't need to smash your teeth in. From the looks of that horrible overbite, you've got enough dental problems as it is. I'm not gonna get violent over your ignorance. b, 21b, 21But f[i]/i1uck you just the same. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Its not an overbite. I was just concentrating. I also think it is insensitive for you to make racist comments based on my possibly stereoptypical Irish teeth.

• thats funny that there are banner ads for teeth whiteners appearing now.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I love when white people come with the "buh...buh...but...what about us!" shit. Like that somehow gives them free reign to make ignorant or racist comments. "We've ALL been wronged so get over it." is the weakest cop out ever.

• But is it okay for little kids to dress up like Pilgrims and Indians? Or is it just anethema to standards of acceptability.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Not saying they did.. Could there not be a case for it?b, 21b, 21http://www.google.ca/search?q=irish+geno...lient=firefox-a/a1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I'm talking in America. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Well, we all know how well the British treated the Irish for close to 1000 years and they weren't treated with too much respect when they came to America either. To a small degree, I think Chinese & Irish immigrants had a bit in common during those years.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21Yeah, I don't need to smash your teeth in. From the looks of that horrible overbite, you've got enough dental problems as it is. I'm not gonna get violent over your ignorance. b, 21b, 21But f[i]/i1uck you just the same. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Its not an overbite. I was just concentrating. I also think it is insensitive for you to make racist comments based on my possibly stereoptypical Irish teeth. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Whatever. What you said was foul. If it had been "Black people love fried chicken and watermelon"[/b] or some other bullshit, the SS Race Police would have been all up in your ass. It's because Native Americans are an under represented people that some feel its OK to say disparaging things. b, 21b, 21So again, F[i]/i1UCK YOU.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21But is it okay for little kids to dress up like Pilgrims and Indians? Or is it just anethema to standards of acceptability. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You're reaching Soulstrut levels of reasoning here. I never said I had a problem with that. I have a problem with your stupidity.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21I love when white people come with the "buh...buh...but...what about [i]us/i1!" shit. Like that somehow gives them free reign to make ignorant or racist comments. "We've ALL been wronged so get over it." is the weakest cop out ever. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 I wasnt addressing it as a cop out and as a free pass to say ignorant shit. I just think the ignoring of other forms of discrimination in history is stupid and ignorant in itself. Case in point, some of the statements that have accompanied the mention of Irish discrimination...it got laughed off with a GTFOHWTBS attitdue. Just an example of how the race threads on the strut suck.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    can we get a flow chart of which race card 'takes' another?b, 21b, 21that would solve alot of arguments on the strutb, 21b, 21alab, 21 native americans > jewish americans > chinese americans > latino americans > irish americans

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21can we get a flow chart of which race card 'takes' another?b, 21b, 21that would solve alot of arguments on the strutb, 21b, 21alab, 21 native americans > jewish americans > chinese americans > latino americans > irish americans b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Yeah, this isn't a pissing match to see who's had it the worst. I'm not discounting what other races have gone through, but let's be real here - historically, in this country at least, I would say Native Americans and Black folks hold the crown. Is this really even an argument? b, 21b, 21Semantics. Saba is still a prick.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I love when white people come with the "buh...buh...but...what about [i]us/i1!" shit. Like that somehow gives them free reign to make ignorant or racist comments. "We've ALL been wronged so get over it." is the weakest cop out ever. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 I wasnt addressing it as a cop out and as a free pass to say ignorant shit. I just think the ignoring of other forms of discrimination in history is stupid and ignorant in itself. Case in point, some of the statements that have accompanied the mention of Irish discrimination...it got laughed off with a GTFOHWTBS attitdue. Just an example of how the race threads on the strut suck. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Let's be honest....Irish, or any other caucasion ethnic group, get no love on the Strut. b, 21b, 21I believe it's a combination of white guilt, selective sympathy and the general feeling that caucasoids are the cause of most of the problems we have faced as a society.b, 21b, 21Reasonable or not, that's the way it is here.

• I'm a quarter Lebanese, thats gotta get me a pass for something.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I'm a quarter Lebanese, thats gotta get me a pass for something. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21One free falafal at Falafal King.....that's about it.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I'm a quarter Lebanese, thats gotta get me a pass for something. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21One free falafal at Falafal King.....that's about it. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Day? A little help?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Saba: having fun playing yourself again champ?

• Quote:h, 21b, 21Saba: having fun playing yourself again champ? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Im the only one who's up to the game.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21One free falafal at Falafal King.....that's about it. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I would kill to be within distance of Falafel King right now.b, 21b, 21

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21But is it okay for little kids to dress up like Pilgrims and Indians? Or is it just anethema to standards of acceptability. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21If you want to have a serious discussion about the original article, post it up. b, 21The link in your post is broken. b, 21b, 21Folks it's Thanksgiving. b, 21Let's talk about how the Puritans were discriminated against in England and then almost starved when they got here.b, 21b, 21Let's talk about how by the time Puritans came over, 128 years of contact with Europeans had spread disease across America and Native populations had diminished to a tiny fraction of what they had been before and entire civilizations had collapsed. b, 21b, 21How should we teach this to our children?b, 21b, 21This is going to sound radical, but perhaps the best thing would be to tell them the truth.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21"We've ALL been wronged so get over it." is the weakest cop out ever. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I agree.b, 21b, 21I have no problem ranking The Evils Of Whites Throughout Herstory. b, 21b, 21It changes, depending on my mood, but Top Five Lists are heet and I will never shy away from laying it all on the line with a breakyoudown list.b, 21b, 21so, okay, here's my List Of Evil USA Whiteman Babylon Dutty Crimes:b, 21b, 211. Slavery Of Africans. I mean comeon blud comeon.b, 21b, 212. Genocide of Natives. Straight up killt them, which is somehow more honest than enslaving someone. b, 21b, 213. Japanese Internment. May get more run due to local angle, not sure. Helps to re-up uncomfortableness associated with "model minority" designation, due to Government apologies/cash. My friends' mom bought a Jeep Cherokee (ohhhh racism LEVELS right there!) with her reparations_cash.b, 21b, 214. Neurotic Jewish Comedians. Over it. Larry David's bomb, sure, but pull the plug on about 70% of them.b, 21b, 215. White Liberal Guilt. b, 21b, 21Man I'm not seeing "Irish" anywhere on there...y'all are out of luck AKA we don't believe you, you need more people AKA Janitor Willy isn't on the level of blackface b, 21b, 21ps see how I put number 5 in there even making myself a victem holy shit maybe it's in our blood

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I love when white people come with the "buh...buh...but...what about [i]us/i1!" shit. Like that somehow gives them free reign to make ignorant or racist comments. "We've ALL been wronged so get over it." is the weakest cop out ever. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 I wasnt addressing it as a cop out and as a free pass to say ignorant shit. I just think the ignoring of other forms of discrimination in history is stupid and ignorant in itself. Case in point, some of the statements that have accompanied the mention of Irish discrimination...it got laughed off with a GTFOHWTBS attitdue. Just an example of how the race threads on the strut suck. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Let's be honest....Irish, or any other caucasion ethnic group, get no love on the Strut. b, 21b, 21I believe it's a combination of white guilt, selective sympathy and the general feeling that caucasoids are the cause of most of the problems we have faced as a society.b, 21b, 21Reasonable or not, that's the way it is here. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Please stop your whining. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" /1

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21Saba: having fun playing yourself again champ? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Im the only one who's up to the game. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21The game is a fickle mistress.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21Saba: having fun playing yourself again champ? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Im the only one who's up to the game. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21not bad.b, 21b, 21muppet.