Popsike Alternative

13»

Comments

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    "i'm sorry, this is a great store but i can't buy this from you for $40. collectrosfrenzy median price is $38."

great site dude, bigger pictures would be rad, hope you're making something off those adwords placements.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I vote against the popsike info. Your site picks up all auctions over x$ [what is x?]. Allowing viewers to see the wide range a record can demand.

Popsike picks up random auctions that tend to overstate the value of the record. If you included them you would be skewing your info.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    hope you're making something off those adwords placements.

Good point, I just went and clicked one.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i'm thinking about getting an iphone just so i can field check when i'm out in the wild

ugh

^^^^^MAD THAT I BLAZED THROUGH HIS DOLLAR BINS WITH THE HELP OF MY LIMITED EDITION CHARLES HAMILTON iPHONE

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    bwaaaahahahahahahahaha!

• super impressed by this.

did i miss a function where you can list the search results by highest price to lowest (or vice versa)? i showed the site to a friend briefly and he mentioned that he uses that function on popsike all the time. that could be a good addition. but maybe it's there. didn't spend to much time on it.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    super impressed by this.

did i miss a function where you can list the search results by highest price to lowest (or vice versa)? i showed the site to a friend briefly and he mentioned that he uses that function on popsike all the time. that could be a good addition. but maybe it's there. didn't spend to much time on it.

I missed that for months until I messaged dark0, that function is located in the drop down under the search field (A-Z, etc). Maybe a header sort on like popsike would be more visible?

• dark0dark0 61 Posts
    super impressed by this.

I missed that for months until I messaged dark0, that function is located in the drop down under the search field (A-Z, etc). Maybe a header sort on like popsike would be more visible?

For the site redesign, i'm going to make it more intuitive. Maybe add more advanced search functions for filtering. Right now I'm just redesigning the program I have for gathering the data to pull data from different e-bay regions.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    super impressed by this.

For the site redesign, i'm going to make it more intuitive. Maybe add more advanced search functions for filtering. Right now I'm just redesigning the program I have for gathering the data to pull data from different e-bay regions.

sik!!!

One complaint I've had is that the listings do get added sporadically at times. I noticed the site only had a handful of things a few weekends ago, was that because the computer was turned off? Any way to insure big ticket items that get sold over a weekend when the site is down gets listed afterwards?

Can you add a feature to see top items from exact dates in the past? It's nice to see the daily top items, but I think an archive would be nice, too. Maybe blog-style?

Make a donation link, I think all your hard work is worth something. I know you have ads but I think you would pull in some cash with a simple paypal button to donate. Heck you could probably even expand....

Is there a way to make the initial small pic a thumbnail and if you clicked on it, it would grant you a larger picture?

Also, I say go ahead and "borrow" Popsike's stored listings, they have no copyright on any of those listings, which are in reality the property of eBay/sellers, not popsike.com.

Props on keeping CF going!

• dark0dark0 61 Posts
    super impressed by this.

sik!!!

One complaint I've had is that the listings do get added sporadically at times. I noticed the site only had a handful of things a few weekends ago, was that because the computer was turned off? Any way to insure big ticket items that get sold over a weekend when the site is down gets listed afterwards?

Can you add a feature to see top items from exact dates in the past? It's nice to see the daily top items, but I think an archive would be nice, too. Maybe blog-style?

Make a donation link, I think all your hard work is worth something. I know you have ads but I think you would pull in some cash with a simple paypal button to donate. Heck you could probably even expand....

Is there a way to make the initial small pic a thumbnail and if you clicked on it, it would grant you a larger picture?

Also, I say go ahead and "borrow" Popsike's stored listings, they have no copyright on any of those listings, which are in reality the property of eBay/sellers, not popsike.com.

Props on keeping CF going!

Somedays are really sporadic either because my server restarted and didn't restart the program for pulling data or the actual program itself failed. I'm redesigning the application right now and I'm trying to do it properly this time.
    It'll make it a lot more reliable, but I can't guarantee all items will make it. It's a bit tricky gathering the data, I'll see if I can come up with a better way to guarantee it though.

I'll write all your suggestions down and take them into consideration with the redesign.