*OFFICIAL STRUT NBA '08-'09 Grit Grime Edition*

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Oden looks to be a good center, but I'm not sure greatness. He still doesn't really have much of an offensive game at all. Still, BATMON is giving him no quarter yet his numbers are comparable to other big men in their rookie yeaer mentioned in this thread, plus the DUDE HAS ONLY PLYED 25 GAMES!!!![/b] Way to predict his future.

Oden: 25 g, 22.4 mpg, 53%FG, 65%FT, 7.3 rpg, 1.3 bpg, 7.9 ppg
    D. Howard: 82 g, 32.6 mpg, 52%FG, 67%FT, 10.0 rpg, 1.7 bpg, 12 ppg
    A. Bynum: 46 g, 7.3 mpg, 40%FG, 29%FT, 1.7 rpg, 0.5 bpg, 1.6 ppg
    K. Garnett: 80 g, 28.7 mpg, 49%FG, 70%FT, 6.3 rpg, 1.6 bpg, 10.4 ppg

NUMBERS DONT TELL THE WHOLE STORY!

THE REGULAR SEASON DONT MEAN SHIT!

I BET YOU TEN DOLLARS, YOUR GIRL CAN BOX YOU OUT.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Oden looks to be a good center, but I'm not sure greatness. He still doesn't really have much of an offensive game at all. Still, BATMON is giving him no quarter yet his numbers are comparable to other big men in their rookie year mentioned in this thread, plus the DUDE HAS ONLY PLYED 25 GAMES!!!![/b] Way to predict his future.

Oden: 25 g, 22.4 mpg, 53%FG, 65%FT, 7.3 rpg, 1.3 bpg, 7.9 ppg
    D. Howard: 82 g, 32.6 mpg, 52%FG, 67%FT, 10.0 rpg, 1.7 bpg, 12 ppg
    A. Bynum: 46 g, 7.3 mpg, 40%FG, 29%FT, 1.7 rpg, 0.5 bpg, 1.6 ppg
    K. Garnett: 80 g, 28.7 mpg, 49%FG, 70%FT, 6.3 rpg, 1.6 bpg, 10.4 ppg

NUMBERS DONT TELL THE WHOLE STORY!

And in seriousness numbers for big men are actually pretty good indicators unlike perimeter players. You want good rebounding and a high FG%.

If u go 3 for 4 every night your gonna have a high FG%....

• Roy is listed as "doubtful" tonight.

Roy is listed as "doubtful" tonight.

I have him on my fantasy team. Its a gametime decision.
    He's a dude who plays w/ nagging injuries.

But he'll want to play against Boston to gauge he and and his teammates.

• GO picks up his 10th dub-dub of the season in tonight's win.

Not too bad for a bum.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    All you little dudes can suck it. Oden has been the key factor in the last few games. He is simply too powerful for anyone (yes, including Shaq) at this point. And he showed tonight that while not pretty, dude has a nose for the basket. This is by far the deepest team in the NBA right now. If they stay healthy, they got lots o' rings coming. One last thought. Oden is 20 right now with one year of college. Shaq entered the league with 3 years of college under his belt. So once again you can all suck it.

b/w

Roy out with an injury.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    All you little dudes can suck it. Oden has been the key factor in the last few games. He is simply too powerful for anyone (yes, including Shaq) at this point. And he showed tonight that while not pretty, dude has a nose for the basket. This is by far the deepest team in the NBA right now. If they stay healthy, they got lots o' rings coming. One last thought. Oden is 20 right now with one year of college. Shaq entered the league with 3 years of college under his belt. So once again you can all suck it.

b/w

Roy out with an injury.
    mufucka better be back in the lineup by the 4th. i paid good money for kobe vs. roy.

5 for 9......if that impresses you, Cool.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Yeah, over 55% against the reigning champs is kinda lame. Anyone who saw that game last night saw what a bear this dude is gonna be in the league. Plus, he's a 65% free throw shooter right now.

Yeah, over 55% against the reigning champs is kinda lame. Anyone who saw that game last night saw what a bear this dude is gonna be in the league. Plus, he's a 65% free throw shooter right now.

Dude, 55 percent on 5 of 9 shooting impresses you. 11 points impresses you?

Eleven Points. Yeah that's a Bear.

that game was outlaw/aldridge.
    oden was competent, but not a beast.

• All you little dudes can suck it. Oden has been the key factor in the last few games. He is simply too powerful for anyone (yes, including Shaq) at this point. And he showed tonight that while not pretty, dude has a nose for the basket. This is by far the deepest team in the NBA right now. If they stay healthy, they got lots o' rings coming. One last thought. Oden is 20 right now with one year of college. Shaq entered the league with 3 years of college under his belt. So once again you can all suck it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    that game was outlaw/aldridge.
    oden was competent, but not a beast.

I disagree. First off I said that he is "gonna" be a bear in the future. Right now in longer and longer stretches, Oden is doing what dominant big men do which is more than score points; it's altering the way the defense sets up, giving others room to make plays. The difference when he's in is noticeable in the last two games.

b/w

I was digging the twin towers action last night too.

• I was digging the twin towers action last night too.

B/W - Steve who?

I could sit here all day REwatching crap like this.

Oh no, Sir Charles!

Hoops legend Charles Barkley was busted for suspected drunken driving Wednesday - and made things worse by admitting he was rushing to pick up a woman for a sex act.

"I was going to drive around the corner and get [oral sex]," the basketball Hall of Famer told police in Scottsdale, Ariz., a police report said.

He said the woman had performed the sex act for him last week and "it was the best one he had ever had," the report said.

Barkley, 45, was pulled over around 1:30 a.m. A cop saw him blow through a red light, then pull over to pick up the woman, who wasn't charged.

"I am disappointed that I put myself in that situation," Barkley said.

The burly retired superstar was seen partying at a club with ex-Giants star Michael Strahan and Jaleel White, who played the nerdy STEVE ERKEL on the sitcom "Family Matters."

Happy New Year Sir Charles! Another reason why he is the man.

• Yuichi your avatar is funny!

Yuichi your avatar is funny!

need4sheed.com babY!

Wade is having an MVP year.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    His numbers have been off the charts this season.

Tonight's game included:

29P 8RB 6A 3S 4B and 13/17 from the FTL.

Who were you pulling for in Friday's NY/Indy game?

• His numbers have been off the charts this season.

Tonight's game included:

29P 8RB 6A 3S 4B and 13/17 from the FTL.

Who were you pulling for in Friday's NY/Indy game?

Indiana - NO QUESTION.

Some interesting games coming up....

Miami at Denver
    Boston at Cleveland

no brandon roy vs. lakers last night. that third quarter lakers run was the end of it. damn. it was fun to watch @ staples, but i was really hoping roy would have been back to make it competitive.

• JRich accused of dui 2 weeks ago. Didn't know why it didn't come out sooner, but he was pulled over by a rezervation cop. My friend told me about this the day after it happened, and said Shaq came down to pick him up.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    JRich accused of dui 2 weeks ago. Didn't know why it didn't come out sooner, but he was pulled over by a rezervation cop. My friend told me about this the day after it happened, and said Shaq came down to pick him up.

Yeah this flashed on phxsuns.net a couple weeks ago but everyone said it was fake. Guess not now....

Dunleavy Returns - Pacers > Shaq-less Suns

• Dunleavy Returns - Pacers > Shaq-less Suns

Graham playing solid is a good look too, Rush is going to lose playing time with Dunleavy back and Graham producing.

Commentator switcharoo was kinda bland.