*OFFICIAL STRUT NBA '08-'09 Grit Grime Edition*

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'm just glad JRich is out of Charlotte. He deserved better than to be sent to that NBA backwater.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 i wouldn't be surprised to see nate robinson plus cash in phx and nash in nyc after the season is over, dude can't wait to get out b/w d'antoni is slowly building the 04-05 phx team back up in nyc)
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Old & Slow Nash,LeBoring and Bosh in NYC in 2010?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I'm just glad JRich is out of Charlotte. He deserved better than to be sent to that NBA backwater.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" /1b, 21b, 21i have a wmv file of the standing ovation he received upon returning to oracle for the first time since the trade.b, 21that will make a grown man weep.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 i wouldn't be surprised to see nate robinson plus cash in phx and nash in nyc after the season is over, dude can't wait to get out b/w d'antoni is slowly building the 04-05 phx team back up in nyc)
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Old & Slow Nash,LeBoring and Bosh in NYC in 2010?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21scratch bosh. old slow nash (still better than 90% of the pg's in a quick offense), leboring and amare in nyc. they pullin trick moves on everyone.b, 21get ready for the pic n roll, 09, nyc fans.

• Man why are we Warriors fans always so damn sentimental about people who USED to play for GS? Not that I disagree.

jrich was the franchise before baron showed up.

• Oh I know it.b, 21b, 21Just saying...

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Old & Slow Nash,LeBoring and Bosh in NYC in 2010?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21scratch bosh. old slow nash (still better than 90% of the pg's in a quick offense), leboring and amare in nyc. they pullin trick moves on everyone.
    b, 21get ready for the pic n roll, 09, nyc fans.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Duhon is doin very well w/ the wack ass Knicks these days. b, 21b, 21U actually think Nash will be the answer at PG in 2 years for the Knicks w/ Duhon gettin the green light?

spelling each other, yeah-- not as a primary (nash obv wont be able to put up the minutes that duhon will in 2010) duhon for all the leg work, nash for the crunch time brain power/big shots.b, 21nash is the type that would sign a vet min contract for a shot at a ring too. he knows his shelf life is expiring. smart points can play well into their 30s in the L, if they minimize contact and have some monsters to dump the ball off to that can manage all the physical shit (think stockton, cassell et al)

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21spelling each other, yeah-- not as a primary (nash obv wont be able to put up the minutes that duhon will in 2010) duhon for all the leg work, nash for the crunch time brain power/big shots.
    b, 21nash is the type that would sign a vet min contract for a shot at a ring too. he knows his shelf life is expiring. smart points can play well into their 30s in the L, if they minimize contact and have some monsters to dump the ball off to that can manage all the physical shit (think stockton, cassell et al)
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I agree.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Oh I know it.
    b, 21
    b, 21Just saying...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21nobody has any sentimental shit towards everyone that went to indiana. fusk a dunleavy.b, 21b/wb, 21you're right though. they're a unique franchise in a unique location. any gsw fan i've known seems to have more emotional ties to the successes and failures of the team than any other team/fan relationship i've witnessed. i can't say i'm not guilty of the same shit... it's just the team i grew up with img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yaoming.gif" alt="" /1b, 21now that i think about it, i smile when pietrus has a putback in orlando. i don't know why.b, 21b, 21they're still selling out games and you can hardly call what they are playing basketball these days. most markets about oaklands/east bay-ish size stop paying attention if their team drops below .500 during the season. die hards.

• They should still be called the Oakland Warriors.b, 21b, 21It would be a SWAG RENAISSANCE!

SAYING.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    damn I gonna move to nyc in 2010 or wherever amare ends up haha

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Oh I know it.
    b, 21
    b, 21Just saying...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Its because the Warriors are so bad that their best players always end up leaving or getting traded elsewhere. Welcome to the NBA's farm team.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21spelling each other, yeah-- not as a primary (nash obv wont be able to put up the minutes that duhon will in 2010) duhon for all the leg work, nash for the crunch time brain power/big shots.
    b, 21nash is the type that would sign a vet min contract for a shot at a ring too. he knows his shelf life is expiring. smart points can play well into their 30s in the L, if they minimize contact and have some monsters to dump the ball off to that can manage all the physical shit (think stockton, cassell et al)
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21 Nash is done imo, as a Knick fan i'd like to have a pg who can play some D..Nash could'nt guard my lil' niece..

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Apologies to victims of Laker dominance. However, Boston is still the top dawg in the league. KG anchors the defense. Kendrick Perkins is hard as F*ck. Powe and House get theirs. Pierce is clutch and an underrated on-the-ball defender. Rondo can get by just about any opposing PG. My ass is drunk but my analysis is on point. And my laptop internet is working again. Expect more shit talking on the interwebs. peace beast.

Found this clip of Jared Bayless in high school. Def got potential to be a star in the league some day.b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

By the way, is it any coincidence that Shaq sat out tonight against the Lakers and the Suns scored 110 and actually played a competitive game?? Matt Barnes had 25...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Nobody wants to talk about Carmelo going for 33 in the third quarter last night? Safe to say dude was img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Found this clip of Jared Bayless in high school. Def got potential to be a star in the league some day.
    b, 21
    object width="425" height="344"1
    param name="movie" value=""1
    /param1
    param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1
    /param1
    param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1
    /param1
    embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1
    /embed1
    /object1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Bayless is stuck at the end of the bench in Portland because Nate McMillan (ex point guard) prefers a steady hand at PG, and there is a lot of skill and size ahead of him at SG. But he will get his time to shine, just not this year. (Unless the Blazers make more moves. Apparently they are shopping Raef LaFrentz and his big expiring contract.)

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks that Greg Oden "big men can't sell?" ESPN ad is funny? That shot at the end of him looking exactly like the cardboard cutout is comedy.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21By the way, is it any coincidence that Shaq sat out tonight against the Lakers and the Suns scored 110 and actually played a competitive game?? Matt Barnes had 25...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21please to note tetb, 21jrich gonna bomb LA soon with mad 3'sb, 21it's almost like the Suns upgraded from Marion to Jrichb, 21b, 21Jrich is the answer to Arizab, 21watch out

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21By the way, is it any coincidence that Shaq sat out tonight against the Lakers and the Suns scored 110 and actually played a competitive game?? Matt Barnes had 25...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21please to note tet
    b, 21jrich gonna bomb LA soon with mad 3's
    b, 21it's almost like the Suns upgraded from Marion to Jrich
    b, 21
    b, 21Jrich is the answer to Ariza
    b, 21watch out
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21JRich to Phoenix? I thought mr.Dunkathon was with the Bobcats...b, 21b, 21DUDE, YOU BETTER REUP YOUR CABLE OR SATELLITE THEN BIYOTCH. b, 21b, 21Until then, the Lakers will have their collective pimp hand in striking position.

I guess the deal's done. My gut feeling tells me this won't make them a contender though.

come on dude the game was tight to the last minute and we weren't even playing da shaqtusb, 21b, 21add jrich into the mix? dudeb, 21b, 21please to not forget what jrich and barnes did to the mavs that one fateful year....

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21shaqtus
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21Like I said, the only reason the game was close was because the Suns could actually run around and do their thing, without forcing the issue through Shaq.

Lot of games tonight...don't think they'll be many upsets.b, 21b, 21PREDICTIONS:b, 21b, 21Sixers @ Cavs CAVS (sixers got 2 players that could shoot)b, 21Hornets @ Celtics (Hornets are hot, but not that hot) CELTICSb, 21Kings @ Lakers LAKERS b, 21Rockets @ Warriors ROCKETS (Warriors are gonna come out guns blazing, Rockets will put them out with their methodical play)b, 21Hawks @ Heat (Wish I had league pass) HAWKS

The Celtics are looking kind of sluggish, but this is a good game.

Bill Walton just said Chris Paul is like Mozart. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" 21