*OFFICIAL STRUT NBA '08-'09 Grit Grime Edition*

Comments

• dudes..b, 21b, 21Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy are the best broadcast team in basketball. Am i wrong about this? Loose, off the cuff and willing to riff outside of the limited area of the immediate game, like during a slow moment of the Rockets/Warriors they go into a little bit about their pre-game meal the at in and out burger. Great chemistry and insight especially compared the excruciatingly stiff Mike Tirico and Hubie Brown combo those two seriously make me want to claw an eye out.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21dudes..
    b, 21
    b, 21Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy are the best broadcast team in basketball. Am i wrong about this? Loose, off the cuff and willing to riff outside of the limited area of the immediate game, like during a slow moment of the Rockets/Warriors they go into a little bit about their pre-game meal the at in and out burger. Great chemistry and insight especially compared the excruciatingly stiff Mike Tirico and Hubie Brown combo those two seriously make me want to claw an eye out.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" 21 Van Gundy may be the funniest coach in all of sports. Him and Mark Jackson make a terrific combo. I like Hubie Brown though. He's the man.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 I like Hubie Brown though.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Hubie Brown breaks shit down so well during his commmentary. I feel like i learn the game when listening to him.

• I like listening to Bill Walton do commentary, cause he always says some img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lvl.gif" alt="" 21 stuff. Doug Collins is pretty good too when he busts out with what he used to do with Jordan and the bulls back in the day. You guys remember Marv Albert, and Steve "Snapper" Jones on the NBA on NBC saturday mornings.

• I think my favorite analyst ever has to be Clark Kellog. Dude does mostly college basketball now, but he still does the local FoxSportNetwork Pacers broadcast on occasion. He once described Jalen Rose as being "like a babies butt, smooth, yet explosive!"b, 21b, 21Van Gundy and Jackson are great. I can't stand Bill Walton though.

Kobe Zoom 4'sb, 21object width="480" height="295"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"1/embed1/object1

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Pagin Yuichi.........b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/udoshithr8.gif" alt="" 21

MIDGET ALMOST KILLED US SINGLE-HANDEDLY. WORD UP MIDGET.

img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/funnypost.gif" alt="" 21

There's this kid that I'm tutoring that looks pretty similar to him. Cute lil middle school kid. I call him Nate Robinson. Imma see if I could take a picture of him tomorrow...

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21There's this kid that I'm tutoring that looks pretty similar to him. Cute lil middle school kid. I call him Nate Robinson. Imma see if I could take a picture of him tomorrow...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21we all look alike?

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21There's this kid that I'm tutoring that looks pretty similar to him. Cute lil middle school kid. I call him Nate Robinson. Imma see if I could take a picture of him tomorrow...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21we all look alike?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21yup. Can't tell you guys apart.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21My favorite player in the NBA. How do you not root for somebody that small playing the game he does? I saw him play in high school a couple times and I couldn't believe the ish he was doing. Still not understanding why he isn't starting. Nate puts up 15 points in 25 minutes regularly.b, 21b, 21b, 21On another note the Thunder are 2-24. Do they have a realistic shot at 74 losses? That would be a remarkable accomplisment.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Nate was supposed to (and still might) lock up the starting gig with Mobley being forced into retirement.b, 21b, 21Scoring 27 and 33 on a road back-to-back is a helluva 6th man, though. I can see how D'Antoni might what that kind of fire coming off the bench.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Scoring 27 and 33 on a road back-to-back is a helluva 6th man, though. I can see how D'Antoni might what that kind of fire coming off the bench.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21You're right. Those are BIG numbers. b, 21b, 21More importantly, career highs in almost every category so far. 4.2 assists/4.2 rebounds /1.6 steals/15.9 points in less than 30 minutes....wow. Strong candidate for 6th man of the year.

Short dudes are a defensive liability. b, 21b, 21And Nate is no Allen Iverson/Kevin Johnson/Tim Hardaway.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    a href="http://slamonline.com/online/nba/2008/12/run-n-gun-no-more/" target="_blank"1http://slamonline.com/online/nba/2008/12/run-n-gun-no-more/b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21 /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 Just a reminder: That team was constructed with the idea that it could win an NBA championship. It was never good enough to do that.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1

good call

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Aaaahhh!!! Hawks almost beat Boston tonight. I know Joe Johnson is kicking himself for missing a key free throw in the closing seconds.b, 21b, 21Brand dislocated his shoulder. Looked nasty popping out the top like that. Sixers played better (and won) without him in the line-up...and Cheeks gets the axe.

Brand shoulda stayed out West.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21good call
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Trust me, in real life he's even more similar.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Aaaahhh!!! Hawks almost beat Boston tonight.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21I felt that they should have pushed the ball more often. They were playing Boston tempo most of the way. In crunch time, the Hawks' only offense was handing it to Joe Johnson and waiting for him to create a shot. This usually doesn't produce the best results. I know because I've seen Kobe in far too many situations like that.b, 21b, 21I REALLY DO HOPE SOMEBODY TAKES DOWN BOSTON IN THE PLAYOFFS. They are by far the best team right now.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Brandon Roy is leading shit right now.

silly.

Is LA even makin the Finals this year?

I want a part 2.

Is LA even makin the Finals this year?

They're lookin' kinda shaky right now. Their defense is no where near as good as it was at the beginning of the season. You'll most likely see how much better the Celts are on X-Mas day. Defense wins games....

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I'm so f*cking pumped for the Celts v Blazers game tomorrow night. I am hoping we show up this time.

Beware Greg Oden and the Soul Sonic Force.[/b]