Weekend Finds

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    foreign dudes are corny.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    YAH!

• foreign dudes are corny.

EUROMAN DROPS CORRECT USAGE OF CORNY = IMPRESSIVE.

s-town

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I win!

Not by a long shot....the nathaniel mayer is better than all of those LPs put together. BTW TWO Nat Mayers on the strut!!!??!? I am what the becky's refer to as "J"....That LP is rare as snake feathers and one of the greatest, rawest Detroit R&B LPs evar...hell, it is the greatest.

I only win because of the Gomorrah LP. Can't be beat! Sonny!

I guess Gomorrah is status financially? Sonically that recording (-ing added as I don't own the record) hasn't clicked with me yet, even as I know most people cite it as one of the classics on one of my favorite genres.

• SoundclashSoundclash 77 Posts

Btw, thanks everyone for the info on NYC. This is a selection of my finds there.

I strongly recommend you a visit to the Brooklyn flea market on Sundays with some real bargains. Also this amazing record shop I haven??t seen mentioned on previous posts: Tropicalia in Furs (304 East 5th st.) just opposite Gimme Gimme. They stock a great selection of Brasilian vinyls, real gems, as well as soul, jazz... I asked for some really rare titles and they had a few copies of each... amazing.

Also, watch out for Good Records NYC new location, they are about to move if they haven??t yet. Very nice shop and friendly staff too.

Then Academy in Williamsburg was another winner for me. Much less dry than the obvious choices in Manhattan (A1, Academy, Sound Library...).

J

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

I strongly recommend you a visit to the Brooklyn flea market on Sundays with some real bargains.

YES!

slightly related but does anyone know the pressing details on them espdisk records? i got that spiritual unity record but the cover is red and looks silk screened.

• SoundclashSoundclash 77 Posts
    the one you have is a rare limited pressing... Popsike that title to see the different pressings.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    every time i find that Blue Mitchell "Heads Up" LP i think those black things coming out of the trumpet are bits of nasty black mold and i throw the album down in disgust...

every time

the one you have is a rare limited pressing... Popsike that title to see the different pressings.

well now. id like to posthumously post about this record that i found over a year ago and tell you all that on that day...I WON!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    s-town

something you will nevar know about!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

well now. id like to posthumously post about this record that i found over a year ago and tell you all that on that day...I WON!

darn! next time, i'll post my real finds and will be the best!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I guess Gomorrah is status financially? Sonically that recording (-ing added as I don't own the record) hasn't clicked with me yet, even as I know most people cite it as one of the classics on one of my favorite genres.

it's really a great record. a little jazzy, a little psychie, a little beatie and very rockish. been after a copy for a long time now and must say i'm totally happy with it. spent less than a vg- copy cost at the arc in utrecht, so i guess the price i paid was more than reasonable... never seen a cheaper copy so far.

i bet you can find an mp3 on internet blogs. highly recommended!

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    yeah, i've given it a few mp3 listens and it hasn't grabbed me yet, but i'll give it a few more tries to be sure.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    I win!

Grope!

What??s that Embryo album? I dont recognize it.

Peace,

F.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    I win!

Grope!

Peace,

F.

looks like Brute Force

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I win!

Grope!

Peace,

F.

looks like Brute Force

it is Brute Force. saw it before and even gave it a listen, but was never willing to spend multieuros on it. glad i could finally cop it. great record! straight jazz record fairs are awesome for buying soul jazz turds! everything was hella cheap!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Looks good. what's the sound like?

thats the second copy of this posted in a couple months.

do tell...

Hell yeah, where on earth did you find this! I too am amazed that this is the 2nd copy on here in recent times. Stunning. Is your copy as good as this popsike one??

"I win!"

You make yourself look like a dick in this thread.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    "I win!"

and you looked like a dick before you even posted here, son!

"I win!"

Whatever dude.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    "I win!"

Whatever dude.

GRS ONE.

did i make myself clear?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Nathaniel Mayer > Grope's entire collection.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Nathaniel Mayer > Grope's entire collection.

i just paid 327 euros on a record!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Found a bunch of stuff for cheap today on a bit of a road trip.

promo only disco funk 12" by some aussie group

A reall funky downtempo number I didn't know came out on 45

Nice disco 12

And folks... if you knew what this was, you'd realise I WIN.

I only know one other person that even knows this exists

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

your collection is getting out of control. ive had my eye out for a scooter with no luck thus far.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

your collection is getting out of control. ive had my eye out for a scooter with no luck thus far.

i'm looking at a new one today...something like this. a '78 Kreidler:

IMG src=http://www.mopedarmy.com/img/gallery/000_0006.jpg>

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    jeezus,how many scooters you got??
    do you ride them to school or go on dates with them??
    please share how they fit into your everyday existence