Philly Wassup?!!! Police beatdown-R

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
15 cops + 3 black suspects + random golden retriever = Massive beatdown.The guys getting beat were suspects in a shooting fleeing the scene, but DAMN.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Some Philly cop got blasted by a dude with an AK the other day.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

And people wonder why?

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Countin Endless Bodies

roundhouse is not the place to be in the summertime.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

And people wonder why?

yea, the guys who shot the cop did it as an act of protest over police brutality and discrimination.....right after they robbed a bank.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Damn, fuck that bullshit under any circumstances.

And shit, this is not only what happens behind closed doors all too frequently, but that is the kind of cold-blooded, robotic activity that cops are trained to engage in nowadays.

Beat/spray/taser/shoot first, manufacture your excuses later.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    that video is fucked up but I aint gonna lie, if I was a cop I'd beat the dog shit out of a dude that made me run after him.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    whoa, that is bad

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    And they'll all get off w/ no penalties.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yeah, what you expect

cops are a gang/fraternity anywhere (i dont even mean that in a disparaging sense...just saying what it is)

when a cop gets shot in a cop neighborhood, you can pretty much guarantee there are going to be some excessive force raining down on poor (and 95% of the time,minority) communities.

my surprise is that nutter didnt prep the department in advance to not let it happen.

every murder in this town is making headlines these days. cop murders are like pearl harbor and shit

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Damn! I understand yanking dudes out the car after a pursuit and cuffing them, but those cats were getting straight stomped out. And they were just suspects? They weren't even the ones confirmed to be shooting? That's fucked up.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    cops are a gang/fraternity anywhere (i dont even mean that in a disparaging sense...just saying what it is)

"my name's officer o'malley, i'll shoot you in a alley, and burn you like a cross at a f*cking rally. i got spics sellin nick's in the LES, i stay untouchable like my name is elliot ness"

the police department, is like a crew. they do whatever they want to do

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Damn! I understand yanking dudes out the car after a pursuit and cuffing them, but those cats were getting straight stomped out. And they were just suspects? They weren't even the ones confirmed to be shooting? That's fucked up.
    Exactly. With 15 cops they could of yanked-slammed-cuffed them very very easily.

every murder in this town is making headlines these days. cop murders are like pearl harbor and shit

And no doubt that plays into this beating. When he says they make headlines, i think today's daily news is something like "what kind of person would ever shoot a cop?".

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Exactly. With 15 cops they could of yanked-slammed-cuffed them very very easily.

Sayin. Each cop could have held down one limb per suspect and you'd still have three standing around.

Speculate/Coulda/woulda/Shoulda.....Dudes were sending a message to the streets.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Being a resident of Philadelphia, this scares me.

Being a white[/b] resident of Philadelphia, not so much.

this was dead-cop motivated police brutality, not a black/white thing. not sure who the 15 cops were, but considering how many black cops there are in philly, you'd have to think that there were at least a few.

So when do the public citizens of Austin get to without consequences kick the shit out of local APD officers for the unnecessary police killings of Jessie Lee Owens, Daniel Rocha, and Kevin Brown?

Point being...it's unfortunate that the Philly police force lost a life over the weekend, but that shit definitely goes both ways.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I love how some of the cops are going back and forth, kicking the shit out of people. Looks more like a brawl than a police arrest...

And did you notice one of the dudes pulled out a baton and started whooping that ass?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

huh.

random golden retriever

what was that about? where did the dog come from and whose was it?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    This is still very civilized compared to what happens down here.
    Police here beat then shoot you then load you up in the car trunk and drive around with you until you're dead,then fabricate a shoot out scenario.And if the case ever reaches court it will be dragged out for a couple of years because of the back log in the court system, while the police involved wont be able to be found so eventually the case will be thrown out.

damn do you live in Brazil? or JA?

Kingston Jamaica.but you already knew that.

huh.

You don't get that?

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts

this was dead-cop motivated police brutality, not a black/white thing. not sure who the 15 cops were, but considering how many black cops there are in philly, you'd have to think that there were at least a few.

Right, but these were three black kids in North Philly. I live in Center City, and I could guarantee that if some white kids got beat down by 15 cops a few blocks away from city hall, the media response would be even crazier than it is now. I'm just saying it's disturbing that this is happening in the city I live, but i don't think it necessarily threatens me. Not to take away from how horrible this type of thing is in the first place.

Also:
    http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20...look_good_.html

This post says alot to me. One thing I TRY get across in even my most obnoxious post is That we live on 2 different worlds. Blacks go thru this type of thing everyday and it's mostly ignored[/b]. Beyond the fact so many of you here like old funk records and Hip Hop and mostly libral and well off, STILL think don't you get the point. It seem Whites have a God Complex that no matter how libral they are it never dies. Black people are in a lot of trouble. When I Post about Latino racism and Korean Out and Out Racism and unfair business practices, on as website based around Hip Hop a subculture almost totally reproduce by Blacks some how I 'm wrong. We live in to different worlds 2 in a myriads of ways.

YES! NOW THIS THREAD CAN OFFICIALLY GET DEEP.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts

This post says alot to me. One thing I TRY get across in even my most obnoxious post is That we live on 2 different worlds. Blacks go thru this type of thing everyday and it's mostly ignored[/b]. Beyond the fact so many of you here like old funk records and Hip Hop and mostly libral and well off, STILL think don't you get the point. It seem Whites have a God Complex that no matter how libral they are it never dies. Black people are in a lot of trouble. When I Post about Latino racism and Korean Out and Out Racism and unfair business practices, on as website based around Hip Hop a subculture almost totally reproduce by Blacks some how I 'm wrong. We live in to different worlds 2 in a myriads of ways.

I agree with parts of this post, I don't think you're going to have a hard time convincing people that whites, blacks, any other ethnicity for that matter live in different worlds in the eyes of government, intstitutions, etc. It's also a class/money thing, and a cultural differences thing. I didn't mean that statement like I'm just gonna not give a fuck because I'm white, I'm more saying it's unfortunate that this happens at all, but it never seems to be happening to white people in well off neighborhoods, regardless of the ethnicity of the officers involved.

we live on 2 different worlds.

We live in to different worlds 2.

The third time will be a charm for you.

This is still very civilized compared to what happens down here.
    Police here beat then shoot you then load you up in the car trunk and drive around with you until you're dead,then fabricate a shoot out scenario.And if the case ever reaches court it will be dragged out for a couple of years because of the back log in the court system, while the police involved wont be able to be found so eventually the case will be thrown out.

Sean Bell dude.

Cats are shuttin down 4 major NYC roads on some real protest shit as we speak.