Things to Do in Toronto...

2»

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    The only time I've been to Toronto was in 2001 for Caribana. What do people do on the other days of the year? Should I do something really touristy and visit CN Tower? I leave tomorrow to visit a girlfriend and will be there until Sunday morning.

Cheers,

Coselmed

Hop a train & hang with Me & Miss Bassie in Montreal! We're gonna get some Dosas & chill.

h

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    speaking of pacific mall, i love the mongolia restaurant there, it was my first time going through the experience of selecting all the meats and sauces and what have you in that circle and then handing to the chef while he makes it for u, i was a little high, and the way its designed its like two chefs are in a circle and u rotate around them, its looks like they're dueling at a certain point...uh yeah...but its a parkinglot away from pacific mall...speaking of which pacific mall has some crazy karoke booths, u can smoke up in there and what have u

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    crazy karoke booths, u can smoke up in there and what have u

Pacific Mall has smoke friendly karaoke booths? Hahaha that place is ridiculous...

On an unrelated sidenote... Any idea on the price of a modded x-box up there? I've really been thinking about purchasing a gaming system. And I can get a collection of all the NES and SNES games on disc for the x-box, pick up san andreas, burnout, and maybe a nice soccer or tenis game and I'd be set. Not even needin' rentals with that.

Where did you end up eating coselmed?

• so many taronto folk coming outta the woodwork on this one eh?!
    man, i didn't even think we had such a large representation on this fair station.

okay, so coselmed - the run down:

Sat:
    style in progress(dundas/younge - free)
    harbourfront(nightime - free)
    afterhours gig k mentioned(622a richmond @ bathurst) afro latin soul funk $10 or log on to www.sheikyerbuti.com to get guestlist
    toronto island during daytinme($6 buck ferry to a quaint oasis jsut beyond the harbour)

Sun:
    pedestrian sundays in kensington(music, food, dancing, hippies, hipsters, peace, love and no cars) oh yeah, i will be spinning w/ amcwarwick around 7 - 11

restaurants:
    fressen(queen) vegan rest, good goodness here
    buddhas(dundas) good veg
    urban herbivore(in kensington market) good vegan sandwhiches, salads for on the go
    bacchus roti(parkdale queen west) more gentrified clientile still good food
    ali's roti(parkdale queen west) more authentic spicy business, grittier shit here

places to avoid:

club district -(adelaide, john, peter, front streets)
    ultra badness here.

hope all this helps,
    js

places to avoid:

ultra badness here.

co-sign.

• hans_lucashans_lucas 159 Posts
    so many taronto folk coming outta the woodwork on this one eh?!
    man, i didn't even think we had such a large representation on this fair station.

Guess I better chime in.

bacchus roti(parkdale queen west) more gentrified clientile still good food

Awesome. Fucking awesome. Maybe I'm gentrified. I don't know what the hell you're talking about thurr.

places to avoid:

ultra badness here.

Basically anything east of Spadina.

If you are looking for records, you might want to check this out on Sunday.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Thanks for all of your suggestions, folks! My wireless has been spotty, so I've only been able to get online today.

We engaged in some lame sorority girl bar hopping last night (Jokers, Montana, etc.), so I will heed your recommendations and try the Style in Progress festival and Ready or Not album launch party today. If you happen to be at either of those, please introduce yourself (not sure how many black and Korean chicks you'll run into, but I shouldn't be too hard to spot; I'll be with two other girls).

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

We engaged in some lame sorority girl bar hopping last night (Jokers, Montana, etc.)

Damn... thats too bad...

I think I'm heading down to check out friends for Style in Progress.

Hope to see you down there. Or any other strutters for that matter.

We engaged in some lame sorority girl bar hopping last night (Jokers, Montana, etc.)

Damn... thats too bad...

I think I'm heading down to check out friends for Style in Progress.

Hope to see you down there. Or any other strutters for that matter.

So how many lame ginos hit on you? lol I used to go to Joker quite often a few years ago simply because I knew these asian twin girls that tended bar there. We'd get free shots all the time. Other than that, though... that place was

I'm about to head out to Style In Progress in a few...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Thanks for all of your suggestions, folks! My wireless has been spotty, so I've only been able to get online today.

We engaged in some lame sorority girl bar hopping last night (Jokers, Montana, etc.), so I will heed your recommendations and try the Style in Progress festival and Ready or Not album launch party today. If you happen to be at either of those, please introduce yourself (not sure how many black and Korean chicks you'll run into, but I shouldn't be too hard to spot; I'll be with two other girls).

how was the rest of your trip?
    your impressions of Toronto?
    did you meet any SoulStrutters?
    where did you eat?
    buy any shoes?

tell me everything!

• Options

Did you go to the CBC thing? I was there, but didn't see this post prior to attending. I was wearing a black disco devil t-shirt (and had an umbrella) and was with a very curly-haired friend of mine.

Hope you had a good time here.

Kevin.