I'm So Glad

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Im so glad that my childhood (growing up in the 70's) was filled with classic AM Gold Hits. Summer days at the beach or in the playground with the radio playing those wonderful easy songs - well written, cleanly executed and always with a catchy pop hook. I feel bad for kids today because they have a really lame soundtrack to their lives. Sure, some rare kids will discover what little good stuff is out there, but its different than sharing it with an entire generation. Most of the music is either steroidal testosterone overdose, wannabe thug, or teen angst which goes as stale as those potato chips you brought home from the beach as soon as you graduate highschool.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I LOVE AMERICA

...the band.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    well written, cleanly executed and always with a catchy pop hook.

plaese to poast MP3s.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I hate to burst your bubble, but this is the same thing people have been saying since when you were growing up. Every generation thinks the new generation's soundtrack is noise.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i love AM gold hits too

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    You sound old.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    I hate to burst your bubble, but this is the same thing people have been saying since when you were growing up. Every generation thinks the new generation's soundtrack is noise.

i try to remember this when i think about the condition of things today. however, it does seem an all time low though. this is an age where anyone with a computer can become a dj or musician without any training or knowledge or records. don't even get me started on MTV.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

i try to remember this when i think about the condition of things today. however, it does seem an all time low though. this is an age where anyone with a computer can become a dj or musician without any training or knowledge or records. don't even get me started on MTV.

^^^^^^

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    don't even get me started on MTV.

Ok, Dad.

just teasing you.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

^^^^^^

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Take that shit to the John McCain thread.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

Ok, Dad.

just teasing you.

boy, when i was a jus a yungin pert near back in 1982, the M stood for music and the TV stood for television. now i see boys kissing boys and rappers pimping cars and i think that TV stands for somethin else. the M musta got shot off in the war. its like i been tellin ya, hell in a handbasket boy, hell in a handbasket.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I like Sabadabada

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Ok, Dad.

just teasing you.

boy, when i was a jus a yungin pert near back in 1982, the M stood for music and the TV stood for television. now i see boys kissing boys and rappers pimping cars and i think that TV stands for somethin else. the M musta got shot off in the war. its like i been tellin ya, hell in a handbasket boy, hell in a handbasket.

well, considering how weak the "M" was on that channel, i dont miss it

id rather watch a REAL WORLD/ROAD RULES CHALLENGE marathon than a preview of the next quiet riot video (or whatever the kidz were watchin back thenn)

• Options
    or whatever the kidz were watchin back thenn)

ALL DAY

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Options

I was watching this the other day wondering how could this happen. If I see that dude in the motherfucking street I'm yelling something.

• Options
    Dude how bored are you today.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

I fuckin love this video, and I never hesitate to watch it when somebody posts it.

The dad of one of the kids in my wife's classroom was Kells', like, go-to, in-house engineer for a long time. Worked on Chocolate Factory and everything. I really want to buy that dude a beer and get some stories out of him.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

I fuckin love this video, and I never hesitate to watch it when somebody posts it.

The dad of one of the kids in my wife's classroom was Kells', like, go-to, in-house engineer for a long time. Worked on Chocolate Factory and everything. I really want to buy that dude a beer and get some stories out of him.

Wow.

I feel bad for kids today because they really lame

• Options

I feel bad for kids today because they really lame

i know what

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

id rather watch a REAL WORLD/ROAD RULES CHALLENGE marathon
    than a preview of the next quiet riot video

I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that.

... and then post a video of Quiet Riot at the US Festival in '83

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    I was born in 83.

• beatlustbeatlust 142 Posts

^^^^^^

wow the first star trek w/ the creepy pulsating head guy...

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    well written, cleanly executed and always with a catchy pop hook.

plaese to poast MP3s.

AM Gold is the one section of my collectron that I can claim is totally on-point. This is proof:

Remember when country crossed over? Need I go deeper?!

Okay, then, hows about a pseudo-disco classic? And some of y'all say the flute ain't funky.