I'm So Glad

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Challenge

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Yes, you're all speechless. Here's one of my many secret squirrels. Don't bother asking the artist because I promised not to give this one up.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Thank you Mr. Junky for posting the tunes

sounds like The King?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    lol

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Challenge

Hall & Oates is the shit.

Hall & Oates is pretty much an AM Gold knock-out punch. I can only counter with more country stylings.

Thank you Mr. Junky for posting the tunes

Please don't encourage me. You're playing with

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Remember when country crossed over? Need I go deeper?!

A while back, I received a promo copy of The Essential Ronnie Milsap - a two-CD set - and I was thinking, "okay, pure country corn from front to back; I got it free, may as well listen before I sell it." I was shocked at how well his stuff held up; no, he was no hard-ass honky-tonk hero...Milsap was unmistakably coming from the countrypolitan side, but he was puttin' a lot of feeling into these songs. The title of the CD was not a lie! And "Smoky Mountain Rain" - heard on the soundclip - was one I kept playing repeatedly.

well written, cleanly executed and always with a catchy pop hook.

plaese to poast MP3s.

AM Gold is the one section of my collectron that I can claim is totally on-point. This is proof:

Got any Lobo?

"Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend" = the ultimate anthem of every "nice guy" whose been confined to the "friend zone" by some insensitive female.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    While we're on the topic, I was thiiiiiiis close to buying this record the other week. I remember hearing this all the time on the radio as a kid.

Remember when Kenny Rogers was keeping it ?

"If I could move I'd get my gun and put her in the ground."

Michael Martin Murphy "Wildfire" is like some straight moonshine, no doubt. This is your daiquiri chaser.

Remember when Kenny Rogers was keeping it ?

"If I could move I'd get my gun and put her in the ground."

"It's hard to love a man whose legs are bent and paralyzed..."

"Sail On" should be outlawed for being too lethal. Gutting break-up lyrics, and a funky percussive ending that really begged for three more minutes. This is a song that will sometimes play on heavy repeat rotation in my PMG.

I think I had the acapella before my last hard drive crash.

"Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend" by Lobo= the ultimate anthem of every "nice guy" whose been confined to the "friend zone" by some insensitive female.

and here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgibB61-dr0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um-x9fmXQrE.

Even in Memphis, they had the "mellow acoustic" thing down. Too bad it's slightly speeded up, but you get the drift.

"Ring, ring, telephone ring, baby, come on in - I got James Taylor on the stereo..."

I'm always confusing Lobo with Poco and...

...Pablo Cruise. Producers, don't be afraid to loop the ill killer intro break!

Remember when Eddie Money flirted with the dark side of disco?

I may take this thread to 1,000.

"Sail On" should be outlawed for being too lethal. Gutting break-up lyrics, and a funky percussive ending that really begged for three more minutes. This is a song that will sometimes play on heavy repeat rotation in my PMG.

I think I had the acapella before my last hard drive crash.

I will see your Lionel and raise you Alabama. A little late for strict AM Gold classification, but fitting nonetheless.

Let's get serious for a second. I like almost any song that mentions New Orleans.

Remember Jennifer Warnes before her sleazy late-80s Patrick Swayze affiliation? Don't play this if your girl is in the room, or it will be

Neil Diamond wasn't afraid of the mellow side of disco.

That Neil Diamond was iffy. How about some Led Zeppelin-lite... I mean Supertramp.

This is probably all the Maxine Nightingale you'll ever need to eff with.

b/w

Duuuude. Dude. This movie spoke to me when I was in junior high. Seriously.

Duuuude. Dude. This movie spoke to me when I was in junior high. Seriously.

Holy shit that gave me goosebumps. I haven't seen that movie in years and years. File under "Matt Dillon" appreciation.