2»

Comments

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts

hey fred -- is that a UK or US swirl .... great album either way

UK it is!! ! !

• couple of ??1 specials

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Nice finds Guzzo,

Here are my finds for the last couple weeks.

All OG. Finally caught that Roy Porter from a store that had a couple copies of Jessica and Inner Feelings from one of the musicians that played on both sessions.
    And no, you're not seeing double thats 2 copies of OV Wright Nickel and a Nail also Ace of Spades. Both in excellent play shape/bad visual shape. The other OV is in Excellent shape. That Jimi Hendrix/Lonnie Youngblood is on some face melting psych blues on Maple. The Asiko and Mangue Konde are uber as well.

what a score man.

• groove70sgroove70s 168 Posts
    actually these are from the last three weeks or so:

US:

Euro:

Japanese reissues:

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Sorry about the blur but I was tired this morning. From the last few days:

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Sorry about the blur but I was tired this morning. From the last few days:

that freddy cole record is quite nice. tuff find as well.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    look at the arc thread. ONCE AGAIN, i won!!!!!!!! i was the best digger!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    yeah, Grope won

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Damn, nice finds. Was the Asiko out in the field? That Jorge Ben is one of his nicer outings.

Thanks!
    Actually, the Asiko was bought off a friend of mine that has a sick african collection. I've been chipping away at his collection for a while now buying some nice pieces.

Dope... that Asiko Rock Group is killer. Lagos City and Solo Mon a Doan are the dancefloor bombs!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    yeah, Grope won

i knew it!

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Dope... that Asiko Rock Group is killer. Lagos City and Solo Mon a Doan are the dancefloor bombs!

Yeah, I've been loving it as of late. Here is a sip of the juice: Lagos City
    track9.mp3 - 2.18MB

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i tried to post, but it looks like i timed out.
    sparing the stories -- so most will have no captions to the pics--i went on a roadtrip for a couple of weeks to south tx. most are from fleas, thrifts, 1 record shop in nashville, bookstores bargain bins, antique malls, junkshops. i mailed a lot of this to my address and it arrived fairly recently.

must caption this. two real hot ones in that pic above:

conrad johnson of kashmere stage band was mentioned in an article from a san antonio paper who was a student of the above hs--as well as a member of the stage band. he apparently led drills at this school. one of only four stage bands (like kashmere) to go overseas--and i believe the 2nd best stage band in tx at the time. very pro. very jazzy and funky. the most pro stage band i've heard outside kashmere.

also that comp above that reads 'r&b':

recorded in 68 and includes soul/r&b/funk groups and even a garage rock band. all obscure names. released on a small german label around that time. my guess is that this was a budget comp meant for the german/euro audiences. i know some of the groups on this appear to be wanted. any info on this please?

up next: 12s and 45s from the road trip.

all of the 45s were found at flea markets, thrifts, and antique malls on the road--mostly inbetween south tx and cental tennessee. everything was priced a dollar and under. lots of dead stock/promo singles. lots of regional groups in respect to where i found them.:
    some big scores in this bunch!

soul/funk/r&b singles:

60s garage singles:

other 45s worth mentioning:

the webs - people sure act funny/you pretty fool
    the invitations - the skate/girl, i'm leavin' you
    the thrills - here's a heart/bring it on home to me
    captain beefheart - click clack/i'm gonna booglarize you baby (promo)
    barry & the 'in' group - the rooster/miss galore (the flying kitten)
    sonny pina & the mysterious - baby, i love you/tu coazon y el mio
    los filarmonicos - dame tu amor/cartas al cielo
    los johnny jets - en la espumita del rio/ya me voy
    the muchachos - domino/baby's gone away
    el gran combo - tu quieras boogaloo?... toma boogaloo/sway to and fro
    tony rivera - midnight hour/ hilusinado

the fourth dimension - rainy day/land of make believe
    ruby andrews - i just don't believe it/casanova (your playing days are over)
    mable john - your good thing(is about to end)/ it's catching - stax
    rick and the keens - peanuts/ i'll be home
    ambassadors singers - he's the keeper of my soul/he's all i need
    the central high school cafeteria band - first rhapsody for knives, forks and spoons part I/II (weird and fun--as seen on wfmu's 365 days project)
    calvin leavy - free from cummins prison farm/enjoy being hurt by you (first i ever heard from this guy--who was never incarcerated when he made this, but is now in jail--who served his time, but thanks to a ex ark gov is now serving more time than he should be)
    soul dog - soul dog part 1/2
    fantastic four - goddess of love/as long as the feeling is there
    five by five - hang up/fire
    the monitors - greetings
    3rd avenue blues band - rose garden/come on and get it
    the meters - africa/hey pocky a-way
    the bad habits - night owl/it's been a long time coming

suzi jane hokom -home/need all the help i can get (promo. lee hazlewood prod)

geater davis - my love is so strong for you/i can hold my own

+ more from gloria taylor, tommie young, jerryo, ray barretto, jean wells, cash mccall, bob wilson, chuck corby, sonny warner, barbara mercer, john's children (pre t rex mark bolan), eddie giles & the numbers, ramon estevez (latin soul), phyrework, willie bobo, fred hughes, the deep six.

up next: rest of the 12"s from the trip.

the trip part 3:

12"s and 78s--

1st picture:

the devastating duo - the real fly guys 12" on party crew (85 west coast electro rap)
    d.e.f. featuring dj three d (digital electronic funk band) - d.e.f. momentum 12" on rapsur (more mid 80s west coast electro hiphop)
    bobby jimmy and the critters - knuckle draggers 12" (also on rapsur)
    360 degrees - fugativ bluz/ill cipher/ day turns to night 12" (late 90s indie rap from the midwest)
    ultramagnetic mcs - to give you love/make you shake 12" (reissue)
    hotline - don't wait 12" (bobby o prod)
    bobby o - runway girl 12" on meno vision
    sparque - take some time/island island 12"

2nd pic:
    sylvia striplin - give me your love/you can't turn me away 12" on unomelodic (2 copies in nice shape!)
    lew kirton - heaven in the afternoon 12"
    milton wright - brothers and sisters/ooh ooh ooh i like it 12"
    jj barnes - how long/the erroll flynn 12"
    dj mike and mc cool d - do that shit!/gangster rock 12" on effect
    azoto - san salvador 12" (mexican pressing on zorba)
    pretty tony - get some 12"
    frank cornelius - shake it!
    joe thomas - funky fever/polarizer

not pictured:

mynk- get up an dance with me
    formula v - she's my woman
    brenda taylor - you can't have your cake and eat it too
    black ivory - then and now
    s.a.y. - i wanna dance
    the spin masters - borthers/evil e. and henry g.
    meccano - girls don't cry anymore/extra
    hott city - feelin' love/ain't love grand

78s - (sorry about the blurriness)

haitian 78s on folkways (the complete album of 4 78s-- the binder they were in is tattered, but at least they kept them really quite nice)

other 78s from:
    washboard sam (2 78s from him), varetta dillard on savoy, the scarlets, sam cooke, the swallows, golden crown quartet, the cardinals, little junior parker, heavenly gospel singers, big maybelle, wilbert harrison, hutch davis
    there is also some local texas latin 78 acetates, a country/western acetate 78, some japanese 78s

next: actual weekend digs from this past weekend!

weekend finds:
    most were flea and local thrift finds. this was the opening weekend of one area flea. excited about the flea season there. back to some more 'typical' finds this week. no crazy rare garage and soul singles, but not bad.

the eat discography and the bats lp from double d. pink floyd's 'wish you were here' in blue shrink which i don't think i've ever come across-- for sale. also for sale in that pic-- frigid pink and a moody blues boot.
    there is a 78 from moore and davis who were a hacksaw and harp guitar duet.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

i like that label

i figure'd you would, mr. PRIMEcuts!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    DAMNNNNNN DAKAR!!!! killing it!!

is that Frantic on Lizard?

heard about that one. whats it sound like?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    wowzers! i got some modern soul gospel private press lps today. filed under "sell this crap".

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    everything was priced a dollar and under

we already know that, God forbid you pay more than a dollar for a record, it would severely damage your online weekend finder reputation

but you have the rep of figuring out who has the "fake finds"!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

i like that label

strangely enough, my copy is yellow (as opposed to the white label seen above)

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    holy shit dakar! i wish i could get a haul like that.

karlophone hooked me up with two elusive Curtis Mayfields. thanks a lot dude, i'll paypal that cash soon.

IMG src=http://www.dustygroove.com/images/products/m/mayfie_curt_curtis~~~_101b.jpg>
    IMG src=http://bluestormmusic.com/store/images/curtis-roots.jpg>

and tonight i sealed the deal on a bike i've been wanting really Frickin' bad. they only made them for one year and theyre getting pretty hard to find. managed to convince the guy to take down the ebay listing and sell it to me for $800. i'm fuckin stoked.

IMG src=http://i14.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/e7/ae/7503_12.JPG>

• here's some local cheapies, a few soulstrut set sale bargains - and the MAD ROCKERS one i paid real money for:

there's some nice stuf on the TRANSATLANTIC comp - never seen this one before. the KUHN BROTHERS record is ace - pretty much a blind buy as i loved the cover but had heard a few clips elsewhere - really enjoying it. sort of like a madder, less horny Nucleus. good stuff. havent got my ears round the SYLVERS or ALBERT COLLINS yet...

also got this badboy:

yikes!! turns out to be a rhodesian guy telling long, boring jokes.

• devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts

i spent a little cash, but i think my finds were worth it...
    i really needed a strong record buying outing. been a little stressed out and this helped out a lot.

• Hi all,

first time posting. took a week off recently, spent much of it at a local 2nd hand.
    hope this works...

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Hi all,

first time posting. took a week off recently, spent much of it at a local 2nd hand.
    hope this works...

If you want the image to show, take the "/" out at the end right before "[/img]"

• Hi all,

hope this works... sorry, about that - got it now