Millions Of Words A Day And Some Are Flat Out Lies

1234568»

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Dear KVH,

I am very disappointed in your defense of Hillary's obvious attempts to burnish her foregin policy bona fides with lies and half truths. You come across as a fair minded dude in general but not in this case. Before you get all bent let me say that I am a big Hillary fan because of her policy stances. But to try and sweep this under the rug, claiming it is tabloid fodder is offensive to those of us who have seriously considered voting for both of these candidates. Her assertions of a failed memory are simply not believable. This is one of the brightest people in gov't today. Shit Sinbad remembers exactly what the situation was. This topic is absolutely fair game for the media since she is trying to draw a real distinction between Obama and herself on the experience tip. I know that is frustrating seeing the strut gang up on her but for once she deserves it.

Wu

PS Richardson is a serious contender for VP or SOS. He is widely respected amongst middle of the road dems and independents. He brings N. Mex, Colorado, Montana and even Tex into play for Obama. I think he is the front runner for the job at this point.

PPS Bill Clinton is acting like a douche. I predict that Hillary is gonna be out of the race in less than 2 weeks. The DNC money bluff is about to get called and the leadership is gonna starting leaning on her hard.

PPPS Slaabaaba will not speak up in favor of McCain's policy proposals for fear of the soul strut boo birds.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Dear KVH,

I am very disappointed in your defense of Hillary's obvious attempts to burnish her foregin policy bona fides with lies and half truths. You come across as a fair minded dude in general but not in this case. Before you get all bent let me say that I am a big Hillary fan because of her policy stances. But to try and sweep this under the rug, claiming it is tabloid fodder is offensive to those of us who have seriously considered voting for both of these candidates. Her assertions of a failed memory are simply not believable. This is one of the brightest people in gov't today. Shit Sinbad remembers exactly what the situation was. This topic is absolutely fair game for the media since she is trying to draw a real distinction between Obama and herself on the experience tip. I know that is frustrating seeing the strut gang up on her but for once she deserves it.

i pretty much agree with you, in that, if she knew it was a lie, and repeated it to boost her image, its pretty damn shameful. however, imo, if we give her the benefit of the doubt, it could be a situation where she says the fish she caught was 2 ft, then 3 ft, then 10 years later, its 4 ft. i don't know where the story got inflated, but i feel you on it being "real news" to make an issue out of a candidate's repeated lies. at some point, she found out it wasn't true. so you are right that its certainly real news. i'll take an l on this one.

i'll semi cosign you on clinton acting like a douche, but keep in mind, that the dude says WHATEVER is on his mind. at some point, he's bound to stick his foot in his mouth.

truth be told, i think even obama would agree that hillary and bill are good peoples.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Dear KVH,

i pretty much agree with you, in that, if she knew it was a lie, and repeated it to boost her image, its pretty damn shameful. however, imo, if we give her the benefit of the doubt, it could be a situation where she says the fish she caught was 2 ft, then 3 ft, then 10 years later, its 4 ft. i don't know where the story got inflated, but i feel you on it being "real news" to make an issue out of a candidate's repeated lies. at some point, she found out it wasn't true. so you are right that its certainly real news. i'll take an l on this one.

i'll semi cosign you on clinton acting like a douche, but keep in mind, that the dude says WHATEVER is on his mind. at some point, he's bound to stick his foot in his mouth.

truth be told, i think even obama would agree that hillary and bill are good peoples.

I want to say that I heard Clinton, or an associate admit that there was no sniper fire and she "misspoke". So even though misspoke might not be the right word, I'm all good with Clinton and sniper fire stories now.

I would also like to reiterate that 99% of what the candidates and their surrogates say is not controversial, and accounts for about 1% of news coverage. the 99% of news coverage is the 1% controversial statements. We could have gone all the way through to November without even thinking of Ferraro if she hadn't got caught mouthing off. I'm sure she said a lot of good things in support of her candidate before said one stupid things attacking the challenger.