Millions Of Words A Day And Some Are Flat Out Lies

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    He's not very well known outside NY.....and what voting block will he pull that Obama might otherwise lose??

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Clinton's bail out plan is broader than Obama's but she has not mentioned oversight.

The Clinton and Obama plans both seem closely linked and fully competent. Both are a step in the right direction. I'm not a great numbers man, but I'd feel more confident with either in the future than I currently do with Bush. The GOP is going to have a tough time resting on their "conservative" laurels when the Reagan/Bush/Bush/Bush terms were veritably the most wasteful in this history of the nation.

I mean, just READ this amorphous, boilerplate dreck from McCain following the Obama economy address:

"Today Senator Obama once again displayed how fundamentally wrong he is on the central issues facing America's future: our economy and national security.

"On the economy, Senator Obama offers the tired tax and spend ideas of the past. He promises higher taxes on middle class families at a time when they're hurting the most, and massive spending increases and big government programs sure to stifle the economic growth that produces jobs for hardworking Americans.

"This election provides the American people with a clear choice, and we look forward to the debate on these issues should Senator Obama secure his Party's nomination."

Is this 1978? 1988? 1998? Or 2008? Who knows? Who cares?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    He's not very well known outside NY

True. How far does "billionaire" get you? Ross Perot?

and what voting block will he pull that Obama might otherwise lose?

Fiscal Conservatives. Jews. "No nonsense" folks who want to see a more efficient government.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Fiscal Conservatives. Jews. "No nonsense" folks who want to see a more efficient government.

He'd be the Head to Obama's Heart for folks that'd be put off otherwise. The Cheney to his Bush. Yet I can't help but think that someone else would be better.

Not that I have any idea whom that would be. Richardson, with Bloomberg as a chief consultant?

• The Jewish aspect is interesting, considering how many Jews have gone Republican in the past few years. After 9/11 my dad became a hardcore republican, but I really don't know how widespread that phenomenon is.

Well as you and I know Jews are scared of everything.

kidding, sort of....

But the ties to Farrakhan have put A LOT of folks, way more than is warranted, off Obama for the possibility that he might be soft on Israel. Whatever that means.

• The Jewish aspect is interesting, considering how many Jews have gone Republican in the past few years. After 9/11 my dad became a hardcore republican, but I really don't know how widespread that phenomenon is.

Well, Ron Silver makes 2.

The Jewish aspect is interesting, considering how many Jews have gone Republican in the past few years. After 9/11 my dad became a hardcore republican, but I really don't know how widespread that phenomenon is.

Well, Ron Silver makes 2.

• He definitely needs someone to offset that whole thing, that's for damn sure.

That wouldn't be bad

He introduced Obama today at his "big" economy speech here in NYC.

That's what got folks talking (blogging).

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The only reason I can think of for picking Bloomberg would be to keep him from running as a 3rd party candidate. Fiscal conservatives are not looking to NYC mayors. Jews are maybe 3% of the population. Easy to forget that in NYC or soulstrut.

McCain, perhaps with Bush's help, will make security the number one issue. A white southerner with foreign affairs background is needed.

Max Clealand, ex-senator and disabled vet from GA

Bill Richardson, ambassador, negotiator, Hispanic Governor of NM

Web, is that his name? Senator from VA. Someone else will have to sell us his resume.

Wes Clark, retired general, warned of everything that has happened in Iraq before we went in.

These people will ease fears on Obama's lack of experience and being soft on security. They would also help him in red states in the south and west where they are from.

Bloomberg would bring money and a tiny Jewish vote. Not enough.

There will never be an Obama/Clinton (or visa versa) ticket because you will never have a White woman and a Black man on the same ticket.

Thank you for your interest.

• Web, is that his name? Senator from VA. Someone else will have to sell us his resume.

Oh man, Webb would be perfect. People love him, and I think he's very strong on military issues.

The only reason I can think of for picking Bloomberg would be to keep him from running as a 3rd party candidate. Jews are maybe 3% of the population. Easy to forget that in NYC or soulstrut.

McCain, perhaps with Bush's help, will make security the number one issue. A white southerner with foreign affairs background is needed.

Web, is that his name? Senator from VA. Someone else will have to sell us his resume.

Wes Clark, retired general, warned of everything that has happened in Iraq before we went in.

These people will ease fears on Obama's lack of experience and being soft on security. They would also help him in red states in the south and west where they are from.

There will never be an Obama/Clinton (or visa versa) ticket because you will never have a White woman and a Black man on the same ticket.

Richardson makes sense...Wesley Clark is a joke.

The only reason I can think of for picking Bloomberg would be to keep him from running as a 3rd party candidate. Jews are maybe 3% of the population. Easy to forget that in NYC or soulstrut.

Because of his decades of military and foreign affairs experience? Or because he was right about Iraq? Or is there some real comedy I don't know about?

Oh man, Webb would be perfect. People love him, and I think he's very strong on military issues.

What's his resume? It has to be longer than Obama's.

• Look here.

Pretty impressive. Comes off as very presidential.

He's also known for wearing his son's boots (I think he's currently serving as a marine).

• The only reason I can think of for picking Bloomberg would be to keep him from running as a 3rd party candidate. Jews are maybe 3% of the population. Easy to forget that in NYC or soulstrut.

Because of his decades of military and foreign affairs experience? Or because he was right about Iraq? Or is there some real comedy I don't know about?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Well as you and I know Jews are scared of everything.

kidding, sort of....

But the ties to Farrakhan have put A LOT of folks, way more than is warranted, off Obama for the possibility that he might be soft on Israel. Whatever that means.

in fairness it's wider than merely Farrakhan-Wright. I am NOT expressing an opinion on this particular point, but for what it's worth this blog post fleshes it out a little. (and some of the comments speak directly to the allegedly rising Jewish GOP vote and US Jewish voting patterns generally also if you want to wade through them; there's *some* good stuff in there.)

warning: this is a conservative blog so some of you may not be able to handle the views expressed. plus it's a blog with free comments so obviously there's some nuttery in there.

[disclaimer]needless to say I don't ride/vouch for the blog post, the blog itself, the comments posted, the host site, the views expressed therein, the layout, the banner adds that may or may not appear at the top of the page...[/disclaimer]

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    The only reason I can think of for picking Bloomberg would be to keep him from running as a 3rd party candidate. Fiscal conservatives are not looking to NYC mayors. Jews are maybe 3% of the population. Easy to forget that in NYC or soulstrut.

can't believe people think bloomberg would be a possible vp nominee because of the "jewish vote". its called the economy, stupid. webb has less experience than obama. no chance. wes clark is part of hillary's campaign. bill richardson is only getting face time so he can help obama with the hispanic vote. not a serious vp candidate imo. next....

can't believe people think bloomberg would be a possible vp nominee because of the "jewish vote". its called the economy, stupid.

wait... you mean... people think Bloomberg... can, like, run a... like, complex bureaucracy?

Like, he made billions of dollars, and is hella rich, because he's... good at, like, the economy, and stuff?

Because all I saw was a short guy with a big nose and I figured, with a name like Bloomberg, he's gonna put all us antsy Jews at ease.

huh? you initiated the concept of the jewish vote. my rabbi would tell u that we need to do "what's best for israel". i don't think bloomberg has jews thinking about the US having an aggressive presence in the mid-east. what is your point...

wow, you're not too bright.

The "concept of the Jewish vote" is being brought up with regard to bloomberg by people in the media, not me per se. It will reassure some people that Obama is not going to start negotiating with Iran and "weakening Israel" (whatever that means).

Of course the primary thrust of my post and of most commentary about Bloomberg is his financial expertise.

Bloomberg is not the most hawkish but he is a big Israel supporter has traveled there many times and donates big money.

Eh? No... why would I be mad? Because you're dim?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    "White Democrats who hold unfavorable views of Obama are much more likely than those who have favorable opinions of him to say that equal rights for minorities have been pushed too far; they also are more likely to disapprove of interracial dating, and are more concerned about the threat that immigrants may pose to American values. In addition, nearly a quarter of white Democrats (23%) who hold a negative view of Obama believe he is a Muslim."

Confirming the obvious.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    "White Democrats who hold unfavorable views of Obama are much more likely than those who have favorable opinions of him to say that equal rights for minorities have been pushed too far; they also are more likely to disapprove of interracial dating, and are more concerned about the threat that immigrants may pose to American values. In addition, nearly a quarter of white Democrats (23%) who hold a negative view of Obama believe he is a Muslim."

Confirming the obvious.

1. cite the source; and

2. explain the relevance please.

Confirming the obvious.

1. cite the source; and

2. explain the relevance please.

1. Pew research center

Confirming the obvious.

b/w

Didn't wanna start a new thread.

Confirming the obvious.

i don't know why these people are democrats. they must not have read the literature!

the truth is that hillary draws more of the lower educated white folks, so this doesn't surprise me too much. curious to see where these 1,500 people live though.

Dixiecrats? Ann Richards and nem...