Millions Of Words A Day And Some Are Flat Out Lies

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    its true, McCain wasnt really held as a prisoner of war, he was jsut hiding in the closet under the stairs.

you're a clown. Hillary Clinton would beat your ass, chickenhawk.

BTW did your cousin happen to write the 2002 or 2003 state of the union addresses? those were hilarious.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    my cousin just moved back to DC to write speeches for McCain. He used to work with Michael Gerson writing speeches for W but left last summer to have kids.

Congrats to your cousin. Must be exciting to be inside like that. In defense of Bush, he is fine delivering written text, it's when he speaks off the cuff that things go south.

Anywho, don't see what that has to do with McCain not being truthful all the time. Like when he says he is not a puppet of lobbyst who fund and run his campaign. Come September people are going to start finding out who he really is, and it wont be good for him.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

BTW did your cousin happen to write the 2002 or 2003 state of the union addresses? those were hilarious.

he worked on all of them, and he also wrote most of the 9/11 "speech".

Originally he wrote speeches for Dan Quayle

I guess duping your fellow citizens and dooming a generation of Americans is somehow quaint and smiley-face-worthy for you.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Yea Mccain looks really bad when you analyze who gave him money and/or an endorsement and how it effected his policy.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Good lord, talk about a thankless job.

I guess duping your fellow citizens and dooming a generation of Americans is somehow quaint and smiley-face-worthy for you.

i think someone needs to get over themselves.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Cosign rootless. The lighthearted way they talk about the last 8 years of damage done to US interests and reputation is pretty shocking.

Anyway, Hillary is now attacking Obama on Wright. The desperation is just palpable now as conventional wisdom shifts on how this is effecting Dem's chances in November. I think KVH jumped ship at just the right time....

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    nah, read today's nyt with all the letters from the (now dead) us soldiers in iraq. makes u want to punch a republican.

nah, read today's nyt with all the letters from the (now dead) us soldiers in iraq. makes u want to punch a republican.

talk like that is not allowed on the obama unification team!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

talk like that is not allowed on the obama unification team!

He's not on the team.

KVH in the Yamamoto hat, Rootlesscosmo in the aviators...

keep my name out of your fantasies

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    keep my name out of your fantasies

C'mon, you know you ride for the team.

Stop playing.

• Man, can't we all agree that probably every single politician lies or misspeaks on the regular? I don't think it's possible not to in that business. People just need to accept that, to a certain extent. Ain't nobody perfect. When there are people whose job it is to dig up dirt 24/7 and expose inaccuracies it's inevitable that this stuff will be found pretty regularly. Ofcourse there are different levels of lies..

I just wish that there were people focused on digging up dirt on people like Sean Hannity and Dick Morris. These fuckers are more powerful than anybody- they completely shape public opinion, and they're the ones that blow these things up into major issues that swing voters. Hannity will be talking about Rev. Wright and Hilary's statement about Bosnia every night for the next 10 years. And that has a huge influence on people, esepcially dumb people, which there are a whole lot of. If we can catch him with a male hooker we're all set.

cosign. rush lumbaugh has f*ckinig 14 million listeners a day! i think sean hannity is second with about 9 million. so creepy how much power those dudes have.

• cosign. rush lumbaugh has f*ckinig 14 million listeners a day! i think sean hannity is second with about 9 million. so creepy how much power those dudes have.

I actually heard Rush Limbaugh the other day pointing out Obama's early drug use as some kind of sign of weakness and a strong reason not to trust him. Rush Limbaugh!! WTF!?

• Dumb and embarrassing. What really gets me is that it's these little, embarrassing, inconsequential lies that will be played over and over and over again until the election. And they make a big difference to people. They're almost like subliminal messages.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Everyone lies on their resumes.

It's an easy thing to say, just like "everybody cheats on their taxes", but it's just not true. Many people don't, for fear of audit or firing, or just plain altruism. To say everyone does it is giving ol' girl a pass.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It's not OK to lie and the more we just accept lying as part of a politicians "job" the worse off we will be.

I raised my kids with the words "If you lie, even once, don't be surprised if people call you a liar".

That was my problem with the Clinton/Lewinski deal...I don't give a rat's ass if the dude gets some strange on the side....just don't lie about it when you get caught.

How pompous do you have to be when you KNOW you are being scrutinized in every way possible but you lie anyway thinking you can get away with it.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    my cousin just moved back to DC to write speeches for McCain. He used to work with Michael Gerson writing speeches for W but left last summer to have kids.

your cousin must love having his work completely destroyed by W...

got him elected twice

Hey, I know the guy who will be McCain's media spokesperson! We are one degree of John McCain!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Hey, I know the guy who will be McCain's media spokesperson! We are one degree of John McCain!

i think someone needs to get over themselves.

I guess we should just get over the Iraq war as well, and the way Bush sold it to the American public with your cousin's help.

shit can't we just move beyond all that?

• I'm not saying that lying is right.

But I can understand that a lot of these people work 14+ hour days, make numerous public appearances a day, travel constantly, blab away all day long.. it seems realistic to me that they make mistakes, slips of the tongue, etc. And once you make a misstatement you probably only realize it later, after someone points it out, and by then it's too late. And everyone's calling you a liar. And that's what they remember.

Bill Clinton's was obviously a carefully orchestrated untruthful statement (a lie). But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Things aren't as cut and dry as we'd like, I don't think. I mean, if he didn't craft that statement the way he did he might actually have been impeached, right? Fuck that, I'm willing to give some wiggle room when it comes to something like that. A slippery slope, I guess, but I recognize that nobody's perfect and you have to pick your battles wisely.

I don't know if any of that makes sense, but there you have it.

maybe you should write to the burlington vermont city council and see if they can indict my cousin for war crimes?

maybe you should write to the burlington vermont city council and see if they can indict my cousin for war crimes?

quit being so negative dude. the surge is working.

the surge in my pants.

im sorry, i meant "serge pants."

good one.

good one.

Good Night!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Memories are tricky things. So is having to talk all day. Obama initially said that he had not heard Wright make inflammatory remarks. I'm not calling him a liar any more than I am calling Clinton one.

An orchestrated concerted effort to convince people that Saddam is working with Qaeda is lying. Testifying under oath falsely to a direct question is a lying. Trying to pass your sexual advances off as a wide stance is lying. Getting memories wrong, punching up a story to emphasize a point, saying you are fine when you are hurting is not lying.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i'm sorry but completely fabricating some shit about getting shot at thinking no one is going to find out is straight out deceptive. and unless your ass was shot at multiple times, i'm sure you would remember it; especially an event where you could easily pinpoint the exact day and time.

it's one thing to be like "oh i had tea with the prime minister of bosnia" (i don't know what their leader person is called) but saying you were attacked by sniper fire at landing just seems to be fronting so hard. all this "millions of words" excuse shit doesn't matter cos that's what mufuckaz have all their handlers for. was there really no one on her team to tell her "i don't think making up shit about getting shot is a good idea."