MALCOLM CATTO WTF FTW WTF FTW WTF?!?!?!?

Comments

• Side One Track One (the 110 BPM joint.) It went over well.

"009"

doep shit

I always knew I went to the wrong clubs

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    hell yes this is nice
    yes hooked doggie

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    fire. I've only heard it through portatable speaker, can't wait for some big knockers.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    fire. I've only heard it through portatable speaker, can't wait for some big knockers.

It makes all the difference. Got my copy the other day and flipped hearing it through real speakers. Let's just say those drums were played well and recorded well. Incredible record.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    grabbed a copy yesterday. bought to grab another today for backup purposes. amazing record!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Where'd you find them? Distributor says they're sold out.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Jonny, i ordered mine from fatbeats yesterday and it shipped out same day

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

I ordered two from Fatbeats and they sent me 4.

So I know they have at least 2 left because I sent them back... being so close to "record store day" I didn't have the heart to keep the extras.

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    Are you in this picture?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I ordered two from Fatbeats and they sent me 4.

So I know they have at least 2 left because I sent them back... being so close to "record store day" I didn't have the heart to keep the extras.

True honesty, considering that one copy, in 2 or 3 years, will be worth several times $20.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    does anybody know what's up with the different covers?
    I saw a copy the other weekend with the "feat. malcolm catto" on the silver foil while my copy has it on the red.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Isn't the text printed on the cellophane? So if the cellophane was wrapped on backwards, the back of the sleeve is silver... maybe.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I kept it on so you may be right.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

You haven't played it yet?!?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Haha of course I have. I just break the seal when I open records. I never take the cellophane off. The other copy I saw was unopened. I wouldn't put it past them to add some other alteration for the collectros out there hence the question.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    If any one has a extra copy of Popcorn Bubble Fish 10 inch for sale pm me. Peace

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    I got a copy direct from the Dirty Drums website and that has no Feat. Malcolm Catto on either the shrink or the cover itself, just the line design.

My copy from Soul Jazz has Feat. malcolm Catto on the front, not sure whether its the shrink or actual cover though.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    100000000000000000000000% better than the Heliocentrics record.

the Malcolm Cotto print is on the cellophane

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    The Malcolm Catto thing is not "printed" on the cellophane. It's a sticker. It's a large clear sticker with silver text. At least on mine it is. I don't think you could really print on cellophane and accidentally get it wrapped on backwards. You could, but it would look weird. If you printed directly on the cellophane it would probably distort the text when you shrank it under the heat.

the nerdyness revolving around this record is never ending.

The Malcolm Catto thing is not "printed" on the cellophane. It's a sticker. It's a large clear sticker with silver text. At least on mine it is. I don't think you could really print on cellophane and accidentally get it wrapped on backwards. You could, but it would look weird. If you printed directly on the cellophane it would probably distort the text when you shrank it under the heat.

the nerdyness revolving around this record is never ending.

damn son you sound angry

all i know is when i opened the record to peep it (YES HE OPENED IT!!!)

the print was no longer on it

i wanna know how they got the records so shiny bright redddd

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I think you guys have found your record of the year so far

but will it still be so once a summer anthem is spawned?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    $40-50 on the bay.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

damn son you sound angry

not at all. I just think it's funny how geeked people are about it, even discussing the shrink wrap. Rightfully so though, the music is next level. I enjoys.

damn son you sound angry

not at all. I just think it's funny how geeked people are about it, even discussing the shrink wrap. Rightfully so though, the music is next level. I enjoys.

i am not at all angry at you being angry even if yer not

stay angry

• $40-50 on the bay.

i don't think so. if there are 1000 copies that's a lot! it's still easy to get a sealed copy.

the hype around this record is really funny

now (almost 7 years later) people start recognize malcolm`s popcorn bubblefish record which was quite nice!
    did somebody feel the popcorn bubble fish?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    $40-50 on the bay.

i don't think so. if there are 1000 copies that's a lot! it's still easy to get a sealed copy.

the hype around this record is really funny

now (almost 7 years later) people start recognize malcolm`s popcorn bubblefish record which was quite nice!
    did somebody feel the popcorn bubble fish?

thanks!

• Got mine in the mail from FatBeats today. This is some nice shit. Listened to it front to back on headphones and im feeling it.

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    Can somebody confirm whether the vinyl possibly exists in two versions as Juno seems to say. I guess music wise, there would be no reason to track down "the other" cover?

Also, I'd like a CD of the MRR-ADM feat. Malcolm Catto for the car but I can not find it anywhere - not even as "Sold Out".

Where did the CD version come from? Is it a bootleg or is Stones Throw / Now-Again behind it? ST website mentions: "Dirty Drums [...] Presented by MRR-ADM ??? a new group on Now-Again feat. Malcolm Catto on drums sometimes. More info to come..."

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Does anyone have this one? I was looking through some 45s that I hadn't played in forever and remembered I had this one. Woooooo! Orange vinyl, very nice