MALCOLM CATTO WTF FTW WTF FTW WTF?!?!?!?

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I just copped this and listened to this and my small intestines SHATTERED.Record of the year.

Comments

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    cool. I was looking for some stuff like this the other day. Perhaps I will take a drive down to the local vinyl shoppe soon (and perhaps sooner than later because they are SUPER LIMITED!)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The first track is the ONE. The others are dope but side 1 track 1 is INSANE

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i haven't heard the new stuff yet, but their stuff on this was too.

i'll have to pull it off the shelf. i haven't listened to it in a while.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Hmmmmmmmmm...what is this red limited 10" record you speak of? i wish there was a thread for this earlier....

• MHE CRACKS NUCKAS NUTS

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I had the pleasure of dealing with Malcolm about 9 years ago in London (when I still lived there). I met him through Gerald Jazzman - he really wanted to get hold of a lot of DITC/Tribe hip-hop 12s, some of which was really hard to get at the time (this was before all those re-issues came out). We ended up trading, with him supplying me quite a few choice 45s (such as Hercules).
    He's a slightly maniacal kinda guy, he told me he used to have a drug problem (it showed) but the guy also had that borderline genius/eccentricity when it came to playing the drums. He's a super cool dude, and a few years later he released the 'Bubblefish Breaks' record with Mo' Wax.
    Glad to hear he's still using that genius.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    His records with The Soul Destroyers are
    I have another record on Mo Wax he did pre-Bubblefish that's similar to the new 10". I should rip it if I can remember where it is (I really need to organize my shiet!)

• I think Gerald mentioned on the VGPlus forum that Malcolm only plays on one or two cuts on this release.

I havent heard it myself.

Peace,

Dress

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    His records with The Soul Destroyers are
    I have another record on Mo Wax he did pre-Bubblefish that's similar to the new 10". I should rip it if I can remember where it is (I really need to organize my shiet!)

He also put out 2 coloured vinyl 7"s on Mo Wax before the bubble fish album. I have a spare copy of one of those.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    This record is great.. there needs to be more stuff like this. Just raw drums and analog synth work...

• I think Gerald mentioned on the VGPlus forum that Malcolm only plays on one or two cuts on this release

yeah, that's true - he only features on cuts on the B-side.

the tracks on the 10" are essentially side a: 009, 010, 011 side b: 012, 013, mals drums. which will make sense to anyone keeping count on the MHE releases Sound In color have released previously. 010 was released on the geisha house 2CD thing sound in color released but they fucked the numbering up... MHE as a name is no more, thanks to a lot of bullshit (people claiming it was them when it clearly wasn't etc.) but MHE is now known as MRR-ADM (being: mike raymond russel & adam douglas manella). mike and adam basically create an awful lot of their stuff on an MPC2000XL - all side 1 is MPC

sick, sick shit

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Once again, this bassdrum track is super fresh as heck.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yet to hear this or any of his most recent stuff though the track he did on that Connie Price album a couple of years ago was absolute fire.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Just got a few of these at the shop for NY heads that are still in need.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Just copped... thanks for the heads up. I can't wait to see what I can come up with on the tables

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    just because of the drums? i say mediocre! boring. dull. lame. average. not enjoyable at home. club tunez!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Goddamn....

• got it just now. thats a really nice release! seems like the dudes gave a damn about a conventional record, i like that attitude

does anybody have a link for the Sound In Color Mu.Sic comp?

• rookrook 357 Posts
    does anybody have a link for the Sound In Color Mu.Sic comp?

do you mean to buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/v-a-MU-SIC-3x-LP-NEW...7QQcmdZViewItem

thanks for the links, i actually have a couple of the singles from that comp that i liked the most
    i was looking more for an mp3 link *cough* *cough*

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    thanks for the links, i actually have a couple of the singles from that comp that i liked the most
    i was looking more for an mp3 link *cough* *cough*

Take that schitt to

• club tunez!

what clubs do you go to??

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    club tunez!

what clubs do you go to??

i'm reading recordkingz reviews!

• hahahaha

damn, that's crazy - who listens to that record and thinks "club tunez"? i need pictures

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I played that shit in the club on Wednesday.

• doomdoom 305 Posts

we need more djs like this in the world

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Which track? How was it received?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Side One Track One (the 110 BPM joint.) It went over well.