Darondo "didn't I" ... sweetest soul song ever???

Comments

• I can't remember who it was, but some time ago now, somebody posted up a remix they'd done of "Didn't I?" which used the drums from Dilla's "Fuck The Police", and it was really nice - sped up a little, but pretty sympathetic on the whole.

http://download.yousendit.com/BB71AC8D5E124DB9

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    anybody got some recommendations what to get thats inna similar style?
    i just cant get enuff of this sweet music these days. snow is falling outside the window, world seems to be in slowmo. perfect soundtrack for this.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    anybody got some recommendations what to get thats inna similar style?
    i just cant get enuff of this sweet music these days. snow is falling outside the window, world seems to be in slowmo. perfect soundtrack for this.

There was some excellent knowledge dropped in this thread a while back:

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post1051701

Very little as gorgeously controlled as Didn't I though.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

i just cant get enuff of this sweet music these days.

Feeling the same...I've been playing the crooning goodness of The Elgins (yea Good Records!) and the CODs' Pretty Baby a lot - tres sweetsweet!!

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Feeling the same...I've been playing the crooning goodness of The Elgins (yea Good Records!)

one of their 45's or the lp?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i just cant get enuff of this sweet music these days.

Ralphie Weeks & the Telecasters - Something Deep Inside

You can find it in this great mix.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

Yes. One of the Best.

beautiful.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Feeling the same...I've been playing the crooning goodness of The Elgins (yea Good Records!)

one of their 45's or the lp on love?

Darling Baby LP

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    I can't remember who it was, but some time ago now, somebody posted up a remix they'd done of "Didn't I?" which used the drums from Dilla's "Fuck The Police", and it was really nice - sped up a little, but pretty sympathetic on the whole.

This remix is really hot.

• I can't remember who it was, but some time ago now, somebody posted up a remix they'd done of "Didn't I?" which used the drums from Dilla's "Fuck The Police", and it was really nice - sped up a little, but pretty sympathetic on the whole.

yes! its nice!
    but check what Grip Grand did on the track:
    Grip Grand feat. Darondo - Remember The Time

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I can't remember who it was, but some time ago now, somebody posted up a remix they'd done of "Didn't I?" which used the drums from Dilla's "Fuck The Police", and it was really nice - sped up a little, but pretty sympathetic on the whole.

I cant get enough of this track. I have both the original and this remix on constant rotation and i am just in awe.

Truly amazing music.

First time I've heard that remix and goes to show that sometimes less is more. Dorando + Costy makes me very happy.

So who did this blend then? I want to give credit where credit is due.

• So who did this blend then? I want to give credit where credit is due.

Yeah, this is real nice.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I wanna know why they decided the LP cover should open at the top with the title spine on the bottom, Great song though, that whole album is beautiful.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts

Totally agree. Was posted maybe a year ago (or more) and has been a staple in my lounge sets ever since.

• Options
    Can someone hit me up with the original MP3? Can I download that divshare?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    how do u guys think this compares to 'life by the drop' by stevie ray vaughn

• Options
    I don't know it. But this song has possessed me lately.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Thank you for reminding me of this.

• Options
    Can someone hit me up with the original MP3? Can I download that divshare?

Nevermind, figured it out.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

Can somebody re-up this please? Didn't I is frickin' amazing by the way...definition of a

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

second the motion for a reup please

yousendit is so short lived

• second the motion for a reup please

http://download.yousendit.com/508BFEC03FD1934C

thanks.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I wanna know why they decided the LP cover should open at the top with the title spine on the bottom, Great song though, that whole album is beautiful.

You're holding it wrong, turn it to the side

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    who did the scrabble remix?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21re-up on the remix please? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Sorry to do this for the 4th time on a 2 page thread, thought I had it and need this in my life....

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I just got a few spare copies of this if anyone is interested. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21The OG Darondo 45?