Darondo "didn't I" ... sweetest soul song ever???

13»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I just got a few spare copies of this if anyone is interested. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21The OG Darondo 45? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21No doubt. JP = img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/balla-22.gif" alt="" /1 like that. They were pretty minty stock if I recall.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21No doubt. JP = img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/balla-22.gif" alt="" /1 like that. They were pretty minty stock if I recall. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21And a dealer here in CA, has a quantity too.

• I'm out now. Holler at Veltri or Vague.

• JP was playing the 45 when I was in the store last weekend and we started talking about whether or not it was the same cut on the album...anyone?b, 21 Here's another great song in the same vein called Who? by The Montgomery Movement If there were ever two twin songs separated at birth it's these two.b, 21b, 21param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=5887832-2bf" 21/object1b, 21b, 21another crazy soul cut they did is Precious Wing.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21JP was playing the 45 when I was in the store last weekend and we started talking about whether or not it was the same cut on the album...anyone?b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21You mean was the version used on the Ubiquity comp the same take as the 45? As far as I know it is. At least I never noticed any difference.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    the one on the comp came from my collection. i think they touched stuff up in the studio but im not sure about that track.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I just got a few spare copies of this if anyone is interested. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21The OG Darondo 45? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21No doubt. JP = img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/balla-22.gif" alt="" /1 like that. They were pretty minty stock if I recall. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I brought mine from Pachuco:b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/krusty.gif" alt="" /1

• Quote:h, 21b, 21the one on the comp came from my collection. i think they touched stuff up in the studio but im not sure about that track. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Thanks for the info...... shit's tight on this forum.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21according to gilles peterson the author of the remix is dj lefto, not sayin much since gilles is not the most trustworthy trainspotter in the house,b, 21he recently played "i put a spell on you" as a john lee hooker song... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21that's funny, did he ever play it on his show?b, 21b, 21i did that on a whim and uploaded it here/a1 almost three years ago... appreciate the feedback good and bad! it was just a quickly put-together blend that never got the polish it probably would've needed. i'm not even near my computer right now, but if anyone needs it i can re-up in like two weeks...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    re-up on the remix please?

Sorry to do this for the 4th time on a 2 page thread, thought I had it and need this in my life....

Anyone know if this exists at anything other than the 128k mp3 thats been floating around? Can it be copped? Trying to put it on a mix, thx in advance....

• Just wanted to drop a line and let everyone know we covered this on an album i am currently working on (rock/psych/modern thing) and i could only hope to justice to the greatness of the original.

Cover doesn't even come close but presents an interesting take.

Wonderful rAdio 2009

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    re-up on the remix please?

Sorry to do this for the 4th time on a 2 page thread, thought I had it and need this in my life....

Anyone know if this exists at anything other than the 128k mp3 thats been floating around? Can it be copped? Trying to put it on a mix, thx in advance....

check a post about halfway down the page on the remix thread
    http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=987505&page=0&fpart=12&vc=1

it's at 320kbps

• scribescribe 16 Posts
    definitely a favorite

• Just wanted to drop a line and let everyone know we covered this on an album i am currently working on (rock/psych/modern thing) and i could only hope to justice to the greatness of the original.

Cover doesn't even come close but presents an interesting take.

Wonderful rAdio 2009

sounds interesting!

looking forward to hear this!