German old school rap

SupacatSupacat 46 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
First German rap record GLS (1980):

LSD mixtape

Comments

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    do people pay a lot for obscure, old school, southern german rap? is there even a market? or is it all within the motherland?

hmmmmmm...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    "Thank's!"

• actually there is no scene just a hand full of collectors.
    the ammount of rare old school rap records is quite straightforward. there are a few really nice ones which i would drop some crazy loot for...

... so if you have got a spare copy of: Feinkost Paranoia "Dorn Im Dritten Auge" - Instrumentals 2LP let me know...

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    sorry, only Funkyzeit mit Feinkost

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    you are all on some seriuous bullshit. i still say fantastische vier was the only half way decent hip hop group. their first album is

ASK DJ SHEEP!!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    there are a few really nice ones which i would drop some crazy loot for...

that's funny.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    the lsd - watch out for the third rail is going to be rereleased on melting pot...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    first german rao record was actually recorded and put out by one of the jazzanova guys!!!

GET FAMILIAR!!!

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    GLS is plastic bullshit from 1980. Those dudes where the hippest and biggest radio hosts back than and they are rapping about the music they like. Which is from the 50s,60s and 70s.

The Thomas Gottschalk dude has become one of the biggest TV hosters here in Germany.

LSD is real HipHop from the scene. They did the first German rap album ever in 1991.

What they did is using more samples than a rap production crew had ever used before on one album.

LSD belong into the Guinnes bock of records. Not Josh.

While using a million samples the music is still funky as hell and straight

This is a double album which got on the first disc all instrumentals and on the second one the original album plus extra tunes which are unreleased.

Check it four yourself !!!

MIXTAPE SNIPPET FROM THE ALBUM LSD - WATCH OUT FOR THE THIRD RAIL (THE DOPE BEAT EDITION)

Peace
    Hawkeye

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    torch - blauer samt LP is nice and sought after

but then i dont really know how "old" oldschool we're talkin here

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    actually there is no scene just a hand full of collectors.
    the ammount of rare old school rap records is quite straightforward. there are a few really nice ones which i would drop some crazy loot for...

... so if you have got a spare copy of: Feinkost Paranoia "Dorn Im Dritten Auge" - Instrumentals 2LP let me know...

I might have a spare copy.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    GLS is plastic bullshit from 1980. Those dudes where the hippest and biggest radio hosts back than and they are rapping about the music they like. Which is from the 50s,60s and 70s.

The Thomas Gottschalk dude has become one of the biggest TV hosters here in Germany.

LSD is real HipHop from the scene. They did the first German rap album ever in 1991.

What they did is using more samples than a rap production crew had ever used before on one album.

This is a double album which got on the first disc all instrumentals and on the second one the original album plus extra tunes which are unreleased.

MIXTAPE SNIPPET FROM THE ALBUM LSD - WATCH OUT FOR THE THIRD RAIL (THE DOPE BEAT EDITION)

Peace
    Hawkeye

most samples??? like what? i could make a beat with ONE MILLION samples in it! GO FIGURE! GET FAMILIAR!

for real though, LSD is kinda

Peace
    Hawkeye

most samples??? like what? i could make a beat with ONE MILLION samples in it! GO FIGURE! GET FAMILIAR!

for real though, LSD is kinda

Aaah, the good old Fantastische Vier vs LSD thing

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    you are all on some seriuous bullshit. i still say fantastische vier was the only half way decent hip hop group. their first album is

ASK DJ SHEEP!!!

I never understood the appreciation of that album. I think it hasn't withstood the test of time at all and sounds dated as fuck.
    In my opinion R??delheim Hartreim Projekt was far ahead production and rap wise.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

ASK DJ SHEEP!!!

I never understood the appreciation of that album. I think it hasn't withstood the test of time at all and sounds dated as fuck.
    In my opinion R??delheim Hartreim Projekt was far ahead production and rap wise.

you sure doggie? i think you don't know what you are talking about.

for real, i think you just don't understand what they did and what they used for their album. i'm trying to be serious now. to me... one of the best hip hop records from germany. btw, no need to withstand the test of time.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

are you are referring to Endroducing being 'the first all sample based LP'? Technically, it isnt 100% samples, which is something I thought the Guinnes people would be strict about.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Aaah, the good old Fantastische Vier vs LSD thing

i have no idea what you are talking about. i was never that deep into rap. just listening to stuff and noticing the difference outside of hip hop values. LOL!!!

LSD sounds like a bunch of James Brown fans scratching one break after the other.

production wise... no one could even touch jetzt gehts ab

i don't know anything about german rap though. just seen a second pressing of eins zwei go for 48 euros.
    what's up with that? i need to sell my stuff soon!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

are you are referring to Endroducing being 'the first all sample based LP'? Technically, it isnt 100% samples, which is something I thought the Guinnes people would be strict about.

there's a guiness entry on that?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    maaaaaan, i love the recent germany hype on soulstrut. faux_rillz?

german vinyl anyone?

As far as I know Endtroducing is listed as the album with the most samples used on it.

Even without LSD I doubt that.

There is still the Bomb Squad and the PE albums, there is Pauls Boutique, 3ft. high and rising, A Wolf in Sheep Clothing all those albums alone must have more samples than Endtroducing.

But LSD - Watch out for the third rail tops all of these. And it still sounds homogeneous and very musical !!

Peace
    Hawkeye

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

First German rap album LSD (1991):

LSD mixtape

Yeah, I have seen this video on the MPM site yesterday, not bad at all for 1991

• Whoa! This shit sucks.

• blockoblocko 43 Posts
    those were the good times!!! so much memories..

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Whoa! This shit sucks.

what shit? what the hell do guys like you mean?

What shit sucks?

• you are all on some seriuous bullshit. i still say fantastische vier was the only half way decent hip hop group. their first album is

ASK DJ SHEEP!!!

on the frankfurt tip, is there any ebay worth to sealed konkret finn "ich diss dich" 12"s?

• LuckLoopLuckLoop 103 Posts

As far as I know Endtroducing is listed as the album with the most samples used on it.

There is still the Bomb Squad and the PE albums, there is Pauls Boutique, 3ft. high and rising, A Wolf in Sheep Clothing all those albums alone must have more samples than Endtroducing.

But LSD - Watch out for the third rail tops all of these. And it still sounds homogeneous and very musical !!

Peace
    Hawkeye

did you count the samples? thats pretty crazy because in the end its about what sounds good and LSD cant hang with one of those albums beat wise, and i wont even go into talking about the rapping wich is atrocious. he just doesnt sound natural talking in english.
    no disrespect but lets be real.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Really worth checking out is the Blitz Mob - "Die Organisation" lp, my favorite german hiphop lp ever.

Advanced Chemistry is also dope:

Peace
    Hawkeye

did you count the samples? thats pretty crazy because in the end its about what sounds good and LSD cant hang with one of those albums beat wise, and i wont even go into talking about the rapping wich is atrocious. he just doesnt sound natural talking in english.
    no disrespect but lets be real.

You cannot compare Entroducing to early German Rap Records. Different Pair of Shoes.
    Grope: The Fantstische Vier were endorsed Samplewise by Rainer Tr??by and they just had a good Ear for catchy Samples, LSD were endorsed by Michael Reinboth, but most of their Samples they??ve been digging on their own. The Problem was: They were so greedey about their Records they covered the Labels with stickers before bringing them to the Studio, so nobody from the Group knows every sample till now! hilarious situation...

On the sample Side I love Advanced Chemistry "Fremd Im Eigenen Land" because they had the Balls to take the Spiegel Magazin Tune.

German Rap went good when they started rapping in German, same as in France, Spain, Italy, the Motherlanguage sounds better. Moses Pelham sounded nice in English too, but he grew up with G.I??s. The LSD guys came out of the Woods.

did you count the samples?

Tell me the number of used samples on alle mentioned albums and I tell you the number of samples used for "Watch out for third rail"

thats pretty crazy because in the end its about what sounds good

I totaly agree "Watch out for the third rail" sounds realy dope and got a total unique production style and sound, scratches on that album are on a level with Magic Mike, Cash Money and DJ Scratch from the same period.

This album is a classic.

and LSD cant hang with one of those albums beat wise

I totaly disagree. These beats are perfectly produced, straight grimey hardcore shit.

To me all the mentioned albums are classics, production and DJ wise LSD belongs into the same league.

and i wont even go into talking about the rapping wich is atrocious. he just doesnt sound natural talking in english.

I agree totaly, thats the only argument against the album I can accept. But thats the great thing about the re-issue. You get the whole sample wizadry on the instrumentals which will be avaiable for the first time.

Peace
    Hawkeye

You cannot compare Entroducing to early German Rap Records. Different Pair of Shoes.

I disagree. I bet if you play Josh, Hank Shocklee, Mr.Lawnge, Prince Paul or the Dust Brothers this instrumentals. They will tell you how impressive the work on these productions are.

Peace
    Hawkeye