If Obama were a white man

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    MORGAN: Why is it that every time a black man in this country gets too good at something, there???s always someone come around and remind us that he???s black? First Tiger, then Donavan McNabb then me. Now Barack. I got a theory about that. It???s a little complicated but basically, it goes like this: we are a racist country. The end. It???s not the people in this room, but if we???re not a racist country, how did Hillary Clinton convince everybody in Texas and Ohio that Barack didn???t know how to answer the phone at 3 in the morning? Let me tell you something, Barack knows how to answer that phone. He???s not going to answer it like, (soft, frightened voice) ???Hello, I???m scared. What???s going on???? He is gonna answer it like I would get a phone call at 3 in the morning: ???Yeah, who???s this? This better be good or I???m going to come down there and put somebody in a wheelchair.???

Some things never change, Seth. People saying he???s not a fighter. Let me tell you something. He???s a gangsta, he???s from Chicago. Barack is not winning because he???s a black man. If that was the case, I would be winning. And I???m way blacker than him. I used to smoke Newports and drink Olde English. I grew up on government cheese, I prefer it. Now there???s all this stuff and all this talk about the pastor. Barack has to stay away from the pastor, ???cause he???s too black. But just because he knows the dude doesn???t think???doesn???t mean that he???s gonna think like him. Look, I have a friend who goes to strip clubs, that doesn???t mean that I am gonna go to the strip club.

MEYERS: But you do go to strip clubs.

MORGAN: Yeah, but I go for the girls, not because my friend is going. I have integrity. Barack is qualified. Personally, I want to know what qualifies Hillary Clinton to be the next president. Is it because she was married to the president? If that were the case then Robin Givens would be the heavyweight champion of the world. If Hillary???s last name wasn???t Clinton, she???d be some crazy white lady with too much money and not enough lovin???. That???s where I come in. I know women like that, you do not want them on the phone at 3 in the morning. In conclusion, three weeks ago, my girl Tina Fey went on the show, she declared that ???bitch is the new black???. You know I love you, Tina. You know you???re my girl. But I have something to say. Bitch may be the new black, but black is the new president, bitch.

You gotta hear it though. Tracy Morgan has one of the funniest deliveries out there.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    In other news, this fucker refuses to stop lying.

Bill Clinton: What happened in South Carolina a 'myth'

Fuck this dude...

"What happened there is a total myth and a mugging," Clinton told CNN's Sean Callebs in New Orleans, Louisiana, over the weekend.

"It's been pretty well established. Charlie Rangel ... the chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, said in unequivocal terms in South Carolina that no one in our campaign played any race card, that we had some played against us, but we didn't play any."

Using Charles Rangel, a staunch Hillary supporter who's only credibility in this argument would be that he is Black, is like using Joseph Goebbel's testimony to exonerate Hitler.

Nothing to apologize for there, right Bill?

You gotta hear it though. Tracy Morgan has one of the funniest deliveries out there.

Gotta love/hate Hulu...

• In other news, this fucker refuses to stop lying.

Bill Clinton: What happened in South Carolina a 'myth'

Fuck this dude...

"What happened there is a total myth and a mugging," Clinton told CNN's Sean Callebs in New Orleans, Louisiana, over the weekend.

"It's been pretty well established. Charlie Rangel ... the chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, said in unequivocal terms in South Carolina that no one in our campaign played any race card, that we had some played against us, but we didn't play any."

Using Charles Rangel, a staunch Hillary supporter who's only credibility in this argument would be that he is Black, is like using Joseph Goebbel's testimony to exonerate Hitler.

Nothing to apologize for there, right Bill?

a mugging[/b]

Am I being too sensitive, or is it that Bill can't open his wheezy yap without dropping some coded racial message these days???

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

what did he lie about?

what did he lie about?

And the apologist appears again...

Like I, and many others, have said to you before, you don't get it. You won't get it. To you, it's a non-issue.

-- preemptive jpeg raer strike

coming from the dude who posts first and reads second

coming from the dude who posts first and reads second

You sound bitter.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    Obama is giving a "big speech" on race tomorrow

I think he should include an honest, detailed account of his relationship with his pastor. People remain concerned about Obama's close association, and his inadequate damage-control raised doubts about his truthfulness.

Also, the campaign should have released clips of Wright speaking in more positive tones. Otherwise, the country will only know the man from the angry soundbites.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think he should include an honest, detailed account of his relationship with his pastor. People remain concerned about Obama's close association, and his inadequate damage-control raised doubts about his truthfulness.

Only if you were asshurt by the statements.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    its too late, he's toast. the best part is that you kool-aid drinkers actually think this guy is still electable when you should be hoping that the delegates have better sense than you and go with Hillary.

Only if you were asshurt by the statements.

Exactly!

"You can't handle the truth" for real.

its too late, he's toast. the best part is that you kool-aid drinkers actually think this guy is still electable when you should be hoping that the delegates have better sense than you and go with Hillary.

asshurt

Obama is giving a "big speech" on race tomorrow

Also, the campaign should have released clips of Wright speaking in more positive tones. Otherwise, the country will only know the man from the angry soundbites.

Shouldnt Hillary give the same detailed account of her ties w/ Ferraro?

Come on dudes. These associates arent the candidate.

EXHIBIT A:

CNN poll today shows Dems preferring Obama to Hillary 52 - 45%. BUT, a Zogby poll today shows McCain beating Obama and Hillary by nearly identical margins with obama getting beat 1% less than Hillary.

Looks like for all of Hillary's efforts to sink Obama's Democratic candidacy, she's sunk the party altogether.

edit: but it's a long way to November.

What could Obama possibly say that will reassure the scared Whiteys that think the 2008 H Rap Brown is within striking distance of the White House?

This certainly disproves Gerry Ferraro - clearly, Obama was in front because he was "less Black" (word to Harvey).

what could he possibly say that will fool voters into thinking that he didnt know exactly what his mentor former pastor was preaching?

Maybe if he placed his hand on his heart for the national anthem, or wore a flag pin, or his wife wasnt a virulent America Hater it would be easier to pass this off, but we're a little past that now.

I mean really, what context are you going to put "God Damn America" in to make it excusable?

i don't think the campaign wants the country to associate Obama with Wright...period. unfortunately, the gop doesn't have to look hard to tie them together. obama has been praising this guy forever in his books and speeches (and i'm pretty sure he is a godfather to obama's daughter).

regardless, to people with a minimum level of education - the pastor is not an issue. the new yorker had a good piece on michelle obama, and in response to questions about the pastor, she basically said what most of america (imo) feels about rabbis/pastors/priests/etc., - 'does anyone ever agree with 100% of what their preacher says?' i hope not.

I mean really, what context are you going to put "God Damn America" in to make it excusable?

SO... No American can have a legit issue with America's history or how it's run today? Just asking...

what could he possibly say that will fool voters into thinking that he didnt know exactly what his mentor former pastor was preaching?

true. he knew it was gonna come out - and its not out of the realm of possibility that his staff might have leaked it last week so it could get swallowed up among the Spitzer hype.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    KVH....I'm not convinced that it was the GOP that blew this story up.

Yes, those conservatives in the Media are reporting this shit 24/7, but why wouldn't they, it's hurting the Dems.....and they will run with it until it dies.

But to think that Hillary's campaign wasn't aware of Wright and that they are above being the ones to "get it out there" is kind of naive.

While I'm not saying the Clinton campaign is responsible, I'm certainly not naive enough to think they couldn't be.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

true. he knew it was gonna come out - and its not out of the realm of possibility that his staff might have leaked it last week so it could get swallowed up among the Spitzer hype.

Wow...so it was either the GOP or possibly Obama himself, but no way was it Hillary??

word.. It stinks of an attempt to take some attention away from Ferraro's comments.

Maybe if he placed his hand on his heart for the national anthem, or wore a flag pin, or his wife wasnt a virulent America Hater it would be easier to pass this off, but we're a little past that now.

I'm not particularly bothered with Wright's words, but I'm not your typical American.

I think it's pretty amazing how shocked people are at this - Wright's stances are not exactly fringe in the Black community.

SO... No American can have a legit issue with America's history or how it's run today? Just asking...

They can have whatever issues they want - its America.

I'm just telling you - I'm not positting, or opining or guessing - I'm telling[/b] you, that a person who associates with a man that says that kind of stuff for twenty years is not going to be elected president of the United States. I dont care if hes man, woman or beast; black, white, orange or green. So you better start thinking about a plan B.

They can have whatever issues they want - its America.

I'm just telling you - I'm not positting, or opining or guessing - I'm telling[/b] you, that a person who associates with a man that says that kind of stuff for twenty years is not going to be elected president of the United States. I dont care if hes man, woman or beast; black, white, orange or green. So you better start thinking about a plan B.

I was actually asking YOUR opinion on it.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    This weekend, my brother (visiting from CO. He's in the Air Force. Semi-conservative) and I are having breafast with my dad's parents. We visit them about 4 times a year as a tradition. While they are nice, they are annoyingly vocal Dixie Southerners. Every time, we both have to sit and listen to their "liberals are destroying America!" rants and just nod our heads vacantly. I can already tell this breakfast visit is going to be a doozy...

"You two aren't voting for Obana...Omaba...whateverhisnameis...are you? He's a Muslimist! We saw that picture in the newspaper of him wearing those terrorist clothes! That proves that he's going to make us lose the war and surrender to the evildoers!"