If Obama were a white man

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

this douche

There's more than one douche in this pic. Please be specific.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ chesticles

^^^^^^^^^^^^ chesticles

... more than likely, testicles too.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    To finally answer the question: if Obama were a white man, he'd be freely able to associate with people of positions more extreme than his own.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ chesticles

To finally answer the question: if Obama were a white man, he'd be freely able to associate with people of positions more extreme than his own.

come on. this is (a) more than just an "association;" and (b) these are full-on paranoid-tin-foil-hat-America-is-evil type statements. Its a little different than some preacher who endorses you saying that being gay is evil.

come on. this is (a) more than just an "association;" and (b) these are full-on paranoid-tin-foil-hat-America-is-evil type statements. Its a little different than some preacher who endorses you saying that being gay is evil.

What about a preacher that says that Gays caused the deaths during hurricane Katrina? Wasn't Huckabee associated with one of those nuts? That's ok to the evangelical types, but just not for a Black man to condemn anything but other Black people/minorities.

GTFOHWTBS

a) McCain's spiritual adviser b) what part of America's abetting or outright support of chattel slavery, the crack trade, the AIDS epidemic, the selling out of American cities, or the equipping of Al Qaeda do you not understand?

a) McCain's spiritual adviser b) what part of America's abetting or outright support of chattel slavery, the crack trade, the AIDS epidemic, the selling out of American cities, or the equipping of Al Qaeda do you not understand?

the part about how blaming white people for it is going to get you elected president.

And, unfortunately, there we have agreement.

this douche

There's more than one douche in this pic. Please be specific.

i was gonna say the male one but that isnt specific either...

and dont get me wrong, i certainly dont think that she is the most attractive, and I personally find her politics a little revolting, but how do you talk to someone like that and not stare directly at her tits?

• a) McCain's spiritual adviser b) what part of America's abetting or outright support of chattel slavery, the crack trade, the AIDS epidemic, the selling out of American cities, or the equipping of Al Qaeda do you not understand?

the part about how blaming white people for it is going to get you elected president.

The last time I checked, Obama's (former) pastor is not running for president.

The last time I checked, Obama's (former) pastor is not running for president.

thats because the last time you checked, Obama had already taken him off the website.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    what could he possibly say that will fool voters into thinking that he didnt know exactly what his mentor former pastor was preaching?

true. he knew it was gonna come out - and its not out of the realm of possibility that his staff might have leaked it last week so it could get swallowed up among the Spitzer hype.

Wow...so it was either the GOP or possibly Obama himself, but no way was it Hillary??

if axlerod knew that these tapes existed, the timing couldn't have been better. hillary is getting slammed over Ferraro and Spitzer is front page news over a prostitute. i'm not "accusing" obama's campaign of leaking it, i'm applauding them if they actually did it.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Thursday, February 28, 2002

Nixon, Billy Graham make derogatory comments about Jews on tapes

BY JAMES WARREN

Chicago Tribune

CHICAGO - (KRT) - Rev. Billy Graham openly voiced a belief that Jews control the American media, calling it a "stranglehold" during a 1972 conversation with President Richard Nixon, according to a tape of the Oval Office meeting released Thursday by the National Archives.

"This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain," the nation's best-known preacher declared as he agreed with a stream of bigoted Nixon comments about Jews and their perceived influence in American life.

"You believe that?" says Nixon after the "stranglehold" comment.

"Yes, sir," says Graham.

"Oh, boy," replies Nixon. "So do I. I can't ever say that but I believe it."

"No, but if you get elected a second time, then we might be able to do something," replies Graham.

Later, Graham mentions that he has friends in the media who are Jewish, saying they "swarm around me and are friendly to me." But, he confides to Nixon, "They don't know how I really feel about what they're doing to this country."

The newly released tapes cover the first six months of 1972, with the Vietnam War and the upcoming presidential campaign the backdrops for many conversations. The tapes touch subjects as varied as using a nuclear bomb on North Vietnam (a notion quickly derided by adviser Henry Kissinger) and settling a West Coast dock strike.

HAHAHAHAHA. Nixon!

you "sock-it-to-'em" dope.

All those people are dead for how long? This is about as relevant as your other posts.

HAHAHAHAHA. Nixon!

All those people are dead for how long? This is about as relevant as your other posts.

Proving once again that sab is not the brightest, when did Graham die?

And your response was exactly the same as when the story broke in 2002. Who cares if they talk about Jews? If it had been someone else though ....

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    How about instead of gleefully reveling in the ignorance of the American public, you actually say whether you think his association with Wright should impede him from becoming president. I know Obama's like soooo liberal, but c'mon. Its pretty easy to avoid actually saying what you think is right or wrong, and just roll around in your party's intolerance like a pig in shit, right? Or is asking you to make a moral judgment instead of toeing the party line asking WAY too much?

Here's some of what I think Obama will/should say in his speech in Philly tomorrow.

1) That Rev. Wright is from a generation that experienced a lot more and harsher racism than most people alive today. And if you understood what he experienced you will understand where he is coming from with those statements. (Walk A Mile In His Shoes)

2) That the U.S. has made great strides in race relations, partly evident by the fact that we have a black man running for President, something that was implausible when Rev. Wright was a young man. (Compliment the white folks)

3)That while he doesn't agree with ALL of Rev. Wrights opinions he shares some basic and core beliefs with him as well as ALL Chistians.(Christians = Good)

4) And that his personal integrity and vision for our country will not allow any of his religious beliefs to interfere with his Presidential decisions, nor should they.

If he does it well, he can put a pretty quick damper on this mess.

As a kid growing up in a church I attended 3 days a week I know it's very common for the congregation to bitch about things the Preacher did/said, especially the old biddies in the front rows.

Rich, aside from the obvious PR nightmare, do you think it's a terrible thing that Obama is close with Wright?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

What about a preacher that says that Gays caused the deaths during hurricane Katrina? Wasn't Huckabee associated with one of those nuts? That's ok to the evangelical types, but just not for a Black man to condemn anything but other Black people/minorities.

GTFOHWTBS

I think Glenn Greenwald pretty much shut this shit down with this post. An excerpt (emphases his):

But the idea that America deserves terrorist attacks and other horrendous disasters has long been a frequently expressed view among the faction of white evangelical ministers to whom the Republican Party is most inextricably linked. Neither Jerry Falwell nor Pat Robertson ever retracted or denounced their view that America provoked the 9/11 attacks by doing things to anger God. John Hagee continues to believe that the City of New Orleans got what it deserved when Katrina drowned its residents and devastated the lives of thousands of Americans. And James Inhofe -- who happens to still be a Republican U.S. Senator[/b] -- blamed America for the 9/11 attacks by arguing in a 2002 Senate floor speech[/b] that "the spiritual door was opened for an attack against the United States of America" because we pressured Israel to give away parts of the West Bank.

The whole post is really good, including this link to a piece written by Frank Schaeffer, son of Religious Righter Francis Shaeffer.

Basically, GOPers screaming "treason!" about Wright need to stop hurling boulders around their glass houses.

Rich, aside from the obvious PR nightmare, do you think it's a terrible thing that Obama is close with Wright?

Personally, no. I try to judge folks by their actions not their associates unless they are criminals.

Rev. Wright is not a criminal and what he said is not illegal.

I may not agree with all his views, but I support his right to air them and to believe them.

I have supported Obama because I believe he does have more integrity than his opponents and that he truly wants to do what's best for our country.

I believe he will unite, not divide, which is what this country needs today more than anything else.

Not Black America, not Poor America, not Rich America, not White America, not Liberal America, not Conservative America and certainly not Christian America.

But this entire mess we call the U.S.of A.

If I'm wrong it won't be the first time.....or the last.

I also think Richard Nixon accomplished more good things than any other President in my lifetime and find it easy to overlook his obvious gaffes.

GTFOHWTBS

I think Glenn Greenwald pretty much shut this shit down with this post. An excerpt (emphases his):

But the idea that America deserves terrorist attacks and other horrendous disasters has long been a frequently expressed view among the faction of white evangelical ministers to whom the Republican Party is most inextricably linked. Neither Jerry Falwell nor Pat Robertson ever retracted or denounced their view that America provoked the 9/11 attacks by doing things to anger God. John Hagee continues to believe that the City of New Orleans got what it deserved when Katrina drowned its residents and devastated the lives of thousands of Americans. And James Inhofe -- who happens to still be a Republican U.S. Senator[/b] -- blamed America for the 9/11 attacks by arguing in a 2002 Senate floor speech[/b] that "the spiritual door was opened for an attack against the United States of America" because we pressured Israel to give away parts of the West Bank.

The whole post is really good, including this link to a piece written by Frank Schaeffer, son of Religious Righter Francis Shaeffer.

Basically, GOPers screaming "treason!" about Wright need to stop hurling boulders around their glass houses.

Finger Pointing 101

The Religious Right believe we deserve these attacks due to the immoral/gay Liberal Left.

The Religious Left believes we deserve them because of the racist/intolerant Religious Right.

News flash for sab:

3/12/08

President Bush Pays Tribute To Reverend Billy Graham

Nashville, TN -- President Bush has paid tribute to the Reverend Billy Graham at the National Religious Broadcasters convention in Nashville, Tennessee.
    The president asked the Christian broadcasters to join him in praying for the 89-year-old evangelist, who is recovering at home from surgery last month in North Carolina.

Bush said of Graham, ???He led the way for America???s religious broadcasters, he brought the gospel to millions, and many years ago he helped me change my life.???

The president said he and ???a lot of Americans love Billy Graham,??? and noted that today???s Christian broadcasters are carrying on Graham???s mission.

I also think Richard Nixon accomplished more good things than any other President in my lifetime and find it easy to overlook his obvious gaffes.

Please tell me this isn't real.

It's real.....I've even seen Prof. Big Stacks state a similar, if slightly less enthusiastic viewpoint.

Who would you pick.

Reagan?? Clinton??

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

It's real.....I've even seen Prof. Big Stacks state a similar, if slightly less enthusiastic viewpoint.

Who would you pick.

Reagan?? Clinton??

Dude!?!?! You and your avatar have now become one.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Who would you pick.

Reagan?? Clinton??

I'm gonna take Clinton. Plus, I'm taking Memphis to win it all. How bout you?

Who would you pick.

Reagan?? Clinton??

I'm gonna take Clinton. Plus, I'm taking Memphis to win it all. How bout you?

I'm rooting for Georgetown but I'd bet on Kansas.

I'd love to see a simple list of what you consider Clinton's top 5 accomplishments and see how they match up to Tricky Dick's.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    HAHAHAHAHA. Nixon!

George Bush has picked an avowed anti-Semite as his spiritual leader and mentor. McCain has picked a gay basher who preachers about a vengeful god who kills thousands of innocents as a punishment for others sins.

Are you willing to repudiate McCain and Bush and their spiritual advisers and mentors, or can we assume you share their hateful values?