Spitzer Is Linked to Prostitution Ring

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    look, either you arent going to make the moral judgment and argue that visiting a prostitute is acceptable behavior for everyone, or you are going to condemn everyone for it. You can't cherry-pick (no pun intended) and claim only Republicans are reprehensable for using prostitutes, but its only a private family matter for democrats.

As Ronald Reagan said "its a time for choosing"

I never said anything like that! I equate both these guys with being politicians, if anything I give credit to Cheney for managing people's ideas about him with such aplomb, basically no one thinks to even question him either way when dirt comes up! Spitzer painted HIMSELF as the crusader, and a lot of people buy into that, just like people buy that Obama is some sort of superman because he strokes the part of their ego that makes people believe they need their leaders to be that way.

I have argued that this whole thing is not about the right/wrong, but about how you carry the wieght when you are a Governor/elected leader. The fact that they were looking at his money in the first place makes me wonder about the dude. But hey, I am a cynic! I assume everyone has shit they would rather not have spread on CNN, y'know? I don't trust anyone who says or acts like they are above reproach! No such thing.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    what about cheney?

Very respected, reliable and unbiased site.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Is Freaky Tracy getting Spitzer money? What's FT got to say about all this?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    look, either you arent going to make the moral judgment and argue that visiting a prostitute is acceptable behavior for everyone, or you are going to condemn everyone for it. You can't cherry-pick (no pun intended) and claim only Republicans are reprehensable for using prostitutes, but its only a private family matter for democrats.

As Ronald Reagan said "its a time for choosing"
    ive already condemned spitzer and said he should be disbarred

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    disbarred for violating the Mann Act? for using prostitutes?

ehhh.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Deej doth not approve of paying for sex.

"Real men get it for free!"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    his career is over. playing captain save-a-john just hurts the democratic party more. you want to have the moral high ground then dump him. remember how silly repubs sounded defending mark foley? the more they argued for him the worst they came off in the court of public opinion

ehhh.

What gets an attorney disbarred these days? Serious question.

I'll take my answer off the air.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Deej doth not approve of paying for sex.

"Real men get it for free!"

I look at it this way

Socks on: seedy
    Socks off and Knicks Opera tix tip: a beautiful thing.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

ehhh.

What gets an attorney disbarred these days? Serious question.

I'll take my answer off the air.

not this, unless it involves using taxpayer funds.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    what about cheney?

Okay, which one of you poptarts is this:

GW is a proud American from NY State, concerned about ethics issues, media manipulation and overconsumption. He has recently changed careers to become an inner city schoolteacher. A firm proponent of curbing overpopulation and international adoption, he hopes to adopt a third child and enjoys history, outsider art, garage rock music and rare/unusual vinyl records.

GW = Ghey Wad.

what about cheney?

Okay, which one of you poptarts is this:

GW is a proud American from NY State, concerned about ethics issues, media manipulation and overconsumption. He has recently changed careers to become an inner city schoolteacher. A firm proponent of curbing overpopulation and international adoption, he hopes to adopt a third child and enjoys history, outsider art, garage rock music and rare/unusual vinyl records.

And what are you doing with those adopted children? Raer record sale sweat shop?

And what are you doing with those adopted children? Raer record sale sweat shop?

forced to sit naked on warped raers, using the low but constant body heat to flatten without destroying the grooves.

C'mon....you really think someone here would admit to being a proud American?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Sure--I certainly am.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    apparently he preferred to have unprotected sex with the girls
    wow.

no STD would dare challenge Spitzer.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    uh huh, bad mindset to have
    above the law (of nature)

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    It's just mind-boggling to me that a powerful man like him would need to pay all that cash for sex when I know dudes who can't hold down a job busing tables that have more women than they can handle. Seems to me someone would have been willing to do the Gov of one of the most powerful states in the country for a steady job or medical benefits or something like that.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    It's just mind-boggling to me that a powerful man like him would need to pay all that cash for sex when I know dudes who can't hold down a job busing tables that have more women than they can handle. Seems to me someone would have been willing to do the Gov of one of the most powerful states in the country for a steady job or medical benefits or something like that.

Well, getting into a position-for-pussy situation is even more sticky, especially if it goes on for a while. It's just a bad look all around. talk about officially Frickin' up the money. Dude should have been hooking up on Craigslist or Myspace. He could have pulled a young cutie from connecticut who doesn't even know who he is. Probably would have been free too.

Surely you must have learned this one thing by now: The money-for-sex is what he likes. Right or wrong, he probably can't get it up unless he is paying for it, and paying for it with a LOT of $$. It's so obviously about doing it because that's what turns his crank, high priced hookers.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

Well, getting into a position-for-pussy situation is even more sticky, especially if it goes on for a while. It's just a bad look all around. talk about officially Frickin' up the money. Dude should have been hooking up on Craigslist or Myspace. He could have pulled a young cutie from connecticut who doesn't even know who he is. Probably would have been free too.

I'm not talking about naming a chick to his cabinet or anything, there's GOT to be some broke ass 18 year old in Schenectady or Elmira or some other godforesaken town that would screw the gov for a receptionist job, really.

But as you say, he musta been into the danger factor, especially if he was paying extra to go raw dawg. Such a bad look, no matter how you slice it.

Sure--I certainly am.

That makes at least 2.

There MUST be an official Governor & His Wife "Dress Code Of Shame"!!!

Blue Blazer..................Check

Regimental Red Striped Tie...........Check

Sky Blue Two Piece Outfit..............Check

String Of Pearls.................Check

Spitzer

McGreevy

• More importantly - how the hell did you spot that in the first place?!

• It's just mind-boggling to me that a powerful man like him would need to pay all that cash for sex when I know dudes who can't hold down a job busing tables that have more women than they can handle. Seems to me someone would have been willing to do the Gov of one of the most powerful states in the country for a steady job or medical benefits or something like that.

To quote the esteemed Artie Lange, you don't pay hookers for sex, you pay them to leave afterward...

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i think this is all an overreaction
    i think he just wanted to use the car pool lane on the way to the game

• hermes1hermes1 109 Posts
    On the Web page is a recording of what she describes as her latest track, ???What We Want,??? an amateurish, hip-hop inflected rhythm and blues tune that asks, ???Can you handle me, boy???? and uses some dated slang, calling someone her ???boo.???

???I know what you want, you got what I want,??? she sings in the chorus. ???I know what you need. Can you handle me????

LOL