Drums.

Comments

• joeblowjoeblow 118 Posts
    very nice! this is kind of an interesting idea - board supported break/song re-creation for sampling use.

• Yo AKO, you got me inspired. I shoulda been taking care of other business today, but instead I made a track with you on drums. Check it out:

On Yer Feet

I need a .wav of those classic breaks so I'm not sampling an mp3 next time. hehehe

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Take requests?

Soul Vibrations - "The Dump" !!!!!!!

i will try to record this if i have time tonight. more requests!!

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    dude.

Loving this. How about we do a board-wide sponsor drive to get you and Day in the studio with the quickness? Some nice cuts on top, touch of keys, solid bassline....

This is what I'm saying!

Wo! wow! Let me play the bass.
    Ako on drums, Day on the keys and me on bass...

Don't know how many vocalists there are here, but i'll put my hand up.

dude.

Loving this. How about we do a board-wide sponsor drive to get you and Day in the studio with the quickness? Some nice cuts on top, touch of keys, solid bassline....

This is what I'm saying!

if you guys wanna get serious about this, im down. sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Yo, somebody give the man some money and put out a break record.

The is & which leaves me

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Take requests?

yes! Soul Drifter - "Funky Soul Brother"

Take requests?

P.S. "the dump" has one of my favorite breaks EVER. EVERRRRRRRRRR. the drummer is great. its gonna take some serious practice to remember that whole pattern though. however i am a huge fan of hi-hat "barks" so it should be a blast to lay down.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Take requests?

P.S. "the dump" has one of my favorite breaks EVER. EVERRRRRRRRRR. the drummer is great. its gonna take some serious practice to remember that whole pattern though. however i am a huge fan of hi-hat "barks" so it should be a blast to lay down.

Yeah, I figured it would be more fun for you to try and bang out some challenging patterns rather than the typical PYHITH fare. Soul Drifter should be fun as well.

"The Dump" is one of my favorite breaks too, btw.

Take requests?

Yeah, I figured it would be more fun for you to try and bang out some challenging patterns rather than the typical PYHITH fare. Soul Drifter should be fun as well.

"The Dump" is one of my favorite breaks too, btw.

yeah, its gonna be fun. every time i hear it i kinda beatbox along with it. i guess i actually know the pattern pretty well. maybe it wont take as much practice as i thought...

• SUPRISE "KEEP ON TRUCKIN"??

SUPRISE "KEEP ON TRUCKIN"??

hmm...might need an mp3 for that one.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Yo AKO, you got me inspired. I shoulda been taking care of other business today, but instead I made a track with you on drums. Check it out:

On Yer Feet

I need a .wav of those classic breaks so I'm not sampling an mp3 next time. hehehe

(virgin use of graemlin creation)

• THTS HOT!
    GOOD JOB

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    kudos man!

i used to record my drums and numerous band practices back since '92 with the same recording technique and possibly the same sony boom box you used. the compressor you mention is exactly what kept the input level right just below the point of clipping and made the sound real nice and crunchy. still got it to this day for the exact reason.

also the captain planet refix is so ridiculous. i think my face broke off when i heard it.

i would definitely contribute in whatever way i can to get you all's concept moving. great idea!

ez.

gusto.

• Just finished a better 2nd mix. changed the compression, simplified it a bit, changed the break, and added a crucial bongo. I always appreciate feedback.

On Yer Feet MIX2

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Man Captain planet really flipped it well.

I just jammed out on a bunch of instruments. Its sounds like shit, but here it is

heres the shitty garage rock version... hehe.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    CaptainP,

The song sounds good, but the bass sounds a little out of place. Not that it shouldn't be there, but it needs more texture. Maybe some gentle eq, or an 8 bit version of the bass track doubled up underneath and mixed lower.

Rock it out.

Man Captain planet really flipped it well.

I just jammed out on a bunch of instruments. Its sounds like shit, but here it is

heres the shitty garage rock version... hehe.

damn, sounds cool, same to captain planet. keep it up dudes im loving this!

i just got home so i'll try to record those break covers in a few hours too.

ahhhh i know this song. shouldnt be hard at all to do this one. i wouldnt mind getting a copy of this record!

• braek requests:

kool & the gang - give it up
    funk inc - kool is back
    carleen & the groovers - can we rap

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    dude.

This is what I'm saying!

if you guys wanna get serious about this, im down. sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

Did somebody say Volunteer funk guitarist!!

- spidey

• HamHam 872 Posts

funk inc - kool is back

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

Always wanted to jam fiber optic. Loops seem like a boneheaded approach but its a start. Keeping it simple, and trying to keep it lo fi so used no amp or preamp w/ only piezo pickup and dusted up w/ izotope.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

Damn, I thought you could play w/ the files at the same time.
    Not expecting to inspire much outta anyone w/ that, but I'm cutting to the chase cause I want to play in a group with cartoons for members more than I want to play in real groups anymore. I can play most anything with strings.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    Just finished a better 2nd mix. changed the compression, simplified it a bit, changed the break, and added a crucial bongo. I always appreciate feedback.

On Yer Feet MIX2

jimminy jillickers , that was flippin awesome Cap~!

AKO , u N the Cappin make it happenin!! i just looked out my window and the 60 inches of snow we have gotten this winter,is completely melting away becus of this trackk

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Just finished a better 2nd mix. changed the compression, simplified it a bit, changed the break, and added a crucial bongo. I always appreciate feedback.

On Yer Feet MIX2
    I knew I had that record but couldn't remember, finally after listening to the beat 2 or 3 times I think I remembered. that's from Mac & Katie Kissoon, right? I like it but I would of left the vocals at their original pitch.. but I guess there was a timing issue that made you change that...Otherwise nice and funky.

well, i got started on requests. heres my first and favorite...i kinda had to piece a couple bars together because my memory just inst good enough for the whole pattern, but i tried my best:

Soul Vibrations - "The Dump"