Drums.

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    You know some assmonkey using the DJChawp account is 'sampling' these drums right now.

haha...yeah...well as long as "they" arent using the default fruityloops sounds anymore its fine by me!

• the covers of the breaks are rediculous.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Take me to the Mardi Gras (with bells!)

You MURDERED that. Great job man.

On the first track you posted. Is that all you hollering in the background, or did you invite a group of drunk friends over?

- spidey

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

On the first track you posted. Is that all you hollering in the background, or did you invite a group of drunk friends over?

- spidey

its three tracks of me yelling....im really glad i live alone. a whole lot of "that's funky!" "i can dig it!" "yeahh!!!" "whoooooo-eeee!"

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Them covers are retarded.
    Take requests?
    Billy Garner "I got some"
    Do it.
    You're already sonically there.

Take requests?

ask and you shall recieve:

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    its three tracks of me yelling....im really glad i live alone. a whole lot of "that's funky!" "i can dig it!" "yeahh!!!" "whoooooo-eeee!"

That's hilarious.. neighbors are like WTF?

Last saturday my band played a live gig where we out of nowhere decided to play a cover of the Betty Davis track "If I'm in luck I might get picked up". During the little breaks the guy on the og is going, AW MAN!!!, wwwoooooooooooo!!!!, I think I'm gonna take her home!!!!

However, before we started to play it we never designated who was going to do it... So when those parts came up all the guys in my band started yelling and screaming all at once like a bunch of construction workers. I was dying.

- spidey

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Take requests?

That shit was too perfect to be real dude.

I DONNN BEELEEEB YOOOO! It sounded the most exact out of all of them.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Haaa! I knew you'd murder that one!
    Yo, somebody give the man some money and put out a break record.
    I would but I'm broke.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Man I need to start playing again and find a way to record my drums outside of the garage. There's way too much reverb in there.

Foam in the corners would be a good start. Rugs on the walls, would be a good follow up if you don't managa to find a space outside of your garage.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

- spidey

this is hilarious and makes me enjoy the shit way more. keep up the incredible work!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Ha! I did that too on a track that came out in 2002. First I recorded six tracks of claps on the 2 and 4, then three tracks of background chatter. I pitchshifted one of the vocal tracks down a bit, left one neutral and pitchshifted one up a bit, in an attempt to make it sound like different people. Worked pretty well I think. I was living alone at the time, but my neighbors must have thought I was losing my marbles. Lucky for them I don't sing.

Drums are sounding good, ako

Ha! I did that too on a track that came out in 2002. First I recorded six tracks of claps on the 2 and 4, then three tracks of background chatter. I pitchshifted one one of the vocal tracks down a bit, left one neutral and pitchshifted one up a bit, in an attempt to make it sound like different people. Worked pretty well I think. I was living alone at the time, but my neighbors must have thought I was losing my marbles. Lucky for them I don't sing.

Drums are sounding good, ako

haha, yeah i was thinking about doing the pitch shifting too, but i also wanted to make sure you couldnt really make out what i was saying too well anyway, for embarassments sake...haha. thanks!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Ako, make sure you utilize some of these techniques on your album, which you must craft asap. its all about the blending of the played and the sampled (at least it is for me, personally i try to avoid all one or all the other). youre played stuff sounds so good, and your samples are always cool, so together its 2, 2, 2 tastes in one. keep that cassette recorder taped down right where it is, and dont change those drumheads!

b/w

that yelling and whooping is hilarious and great. hahaha!

• Drums or drum program?

Sounds good either way. Just curious.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Take requests?

dude that is sick, please will somebody do something with these drums, were dying here.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Those are some cool breakbeats man, well played.

Drums or drum program?

Sounds good either way. Just curious.

real drums.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Wow man these sound so good.

You play very well and the sound from that tape recorder is too nice.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    nice work.

• I'm loving both the drums and the -ness of this post. Playing classic breaks and posting them on an internet messageboard that's partly in existince because of said breaks?

Full circle.

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    I'm loving both the drums and the -ness of this post. Playing classic breaks and posting them on an internet messageboard that's partly in existince because of said breaks?

Full circle.
    like how u made it seem live. love the "i can dig its' and woooohoos

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Been said a dozen times already, but that's some fantastic stuff. Real on-point yet still loose. I wish I could hit the 16th notes like yourself.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    GOOD WORK!!

thanks again dudes.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    thanks again dudes.

Great job Ako!

you're on the drums.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Take requests?

Soul Vibrations - "The Dump" !!!!!!!

• devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts
    wow. those sound SICK!!!!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Take requests?

dude that is sick, please will somebody do something with these drums, were dying here.

As soon as someone mentioned "I Got Some" I knew Ako was going to kill that shit. He's got that grimy-ass sound by default.

And on that first beat, I just wanted to big up those thunderous fills. Those long ones near the end almost caused me physical pain. The good kind of pain, though. like this

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    dude.

Loving this. How about we do a board-wide sponsor drive to get you and Day in the studio with the quickness? Some nice cuts on top, touch of keys, solid bassline....

This is what I'm saying!

Wo! wow! Let me play the bass.
    Ako on drums, Day on the keys and me on bass...