THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME DIED ON MARCH 9TH

FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
It's that time of the year. Drop those favorite lyrics, songs, stories, etc..Anyone here ever meet the man?

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    R.I.P.

What about Big, what stories have you got top share with us?

DJ Premier: ??Some of the Big stories are a little x-rated, so??? Ok, alright, I???ll say it like this, Big, no matter what, he always had some beautiful women around him. Like he???s as black and ugly as ever but they literally were on him??? I had a lounge in the back that actually Showbiz converted into a studio now. Showbiz also rents a room from me, and I went in there to ask Big if he wanted anything to eat and when I walk in there one of the girls was up pleasing him and he goes: ???Yo Prim, you want some???? And I was like: ???Nah, I???m alright. I???m alright, I???m gonna go back in the other room.??? But just the fact that??? it???s crazy, too, man, because I did this show in Virginia State University with Big when he only had ???Party And Bullshit??? out. The next day, me and Jeru performed together because I was DJing for Jeru at the time because he had ???Come Clean??? out and it was me, Matty C, I remember my lawyer Owen Lamb was out there with us and I remember Big and D-Rock and Lil Caese, we all got some cheap hotel and all our rooms was next to each other. The next morning we???re like wanting to go back to New York so we can get home early and we were like: ???All of y???all want to leave???? And they were like: ???No, we???ll follow ya???ll.??? And Big is butt naked, on the bed, with a big bucket of chicken from KFC sitting between his legs and literally, he???s naked now, and Jeru was really into this whole health thing at the time and I remember Jeru was like: ???Big, you gonna eat all that chicken, man? That???s bad for your health.??? He said: ???You need to start eating vegetables and stuff.??? He goes: ???Man, my name is Biggie not Rakim.??? And he was like: ???I???m eating this chicken,??? and everybody was like: ???Yo, could you put some clothes on???? And he was like: ???Hell no! This is my room, I???ll be naked all I want to.??? I mean, he was butt naked with not a care in the world and I was like: ???Wow, look at this big motherfucker.??? But that???s how Big was, he was that comfortable in his own skin and with all the fat hanging and everything he had no complex about any of that and there were probably about ten of us In his room chilling and blunts going around and naked Biggie, for real. It was crazy. I looked briefly just to go like: ???Damn, you???re naked Big.??? But after that, I took a piece of chicken out the bucket.??

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

This is my all-time favorite Biggie white label.

• This is my all-time favorite Biggie white label.

what's this from??????/ must have missed this one.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

damn thats good. never heard it before. ive heard that soul track somewhere, tho

b.i.g legend-air-E
    R.I.P

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts

R.I.P. B.I.G.

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
    Does anyone here have a copy of his demo - the one where he rhymed over "Blind Alley?" Cas told me that it was on Mister Cee's "Best of Biggie" but he wasn't sure.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    For some reason I can't click the divshare object to get the link to the actual mp3... this is killing me!! I've never heard that track before and want to listen to it without having to have this thread open!! Can anyone help me out?? Re-up?

No Biggie anecdotes from me. Just a big RIP.

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    Can anyone help me out?? Re-up?
    Here.

• Does anyone here have a copy of his demo - the one where he rhymed over "Blind Alley?" Cas told me that it was on Mister Cee's "Best of Biggie" but he wasn't sure.

lol. I'm the biggest BIG fan there is. It's definitely not on there. I do have a snippet of the blind alley demo though.

I've been after the DEMO tape for over 15 years now. If anyone has it PM and I'll give you my car lol.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Respect. Biggie R.I.P. One of my favorite MCs EVAR!!!!!

BC in BK a couple years ago with the Biggie promo poster at the subway station......

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    He's the only NYC MC that i know of to make a Reggie Miller reference.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

R.I.P. B.I.G.

Yes. Vinyl has a cartoon hot dog on the label, if I remember (I'm at work).

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    They finally put out a 12" of the original (Lord Finesse produced) "Come On":
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/8697154fce3eac/

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

R.I.P. B.I.G.

yeah thats it!! zzzzing!
    pops up in philly a lot

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

lol. I'm the biggest BIG fan there is. It's definitely not on there. I do have a snippet of the blind alley demo though.

Would love to hear this...is it possible to upload?

• This is my all-time favorite Biggie white label.

I have another 12'' remix of this. Same accapella but the beat is a battlecat/dj quik/soul beat. Really good t, around 100 BPM's. Actually I just re-discovered it in my collection on saturday, i'll make sure and upload it.

Also:

Today I caught a quick segment of Spinbad doing a tribute mix on Big Tiger's show. Is there a link for this? A CD to cop? I only heard a few minutes but judging from what I heard and Spinbad being THAT dude I know it's DOPE.

foundeded it

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

damn thats good. never heard it before. ive heard that soul track somewhere, tho

b.i.g legend-air-E
    R.I.P
    There was a AV8 that came out when the Game's first album came out with Biggie over a bunch of the beats and some other shit. That Can I Get Witcha remix is so Frickin' good.

Dead Wrong (DJ Noodles AV8 remix)

• that's the one I was talking about. this rip sounds like the vinyl is warped though.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Whats the deal with that tramp album?. I have a copy but never see it around. I havn't been to philly though.
    You guys heard the Lord Finesse Remix of Party and Bullshit ? It kills the og. I heard that there are quite a few more beats that Lord Finesse gave Big to use that never ended up seeing the light of day.