Ask me about German records pt. 3

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Uve Shikoras Gewitter lp.

welcome to soulstrut. never heard of a record called samba soul beat. sounds interesting though

• blockoblocko 43 Posts
    Uve Shikoras Gewitter lp.

welcome to soulstrut. never heard of a record called samba soul beat. sounds interesting though

yeah, it doesnt turn up often. i wouldnt pay the amount it fetches on ebay. has 2 psychey tracks with sitar if i remember correctly and some bossa numbers.
    the singing comes with heavy german accent.

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts
    It's true these chicks were go go dancers. The former owner of my copy had stacked a magazine clipping in the sleeve with a picture of them dancing topless while on stage with the Black & White band ha ha. The sitar tracks are okay but the best one is this darker slow burner with strange effects. Never seen it on ebay but I haven't been looking. What does it fetch?

• blockoblocko 43 Posts
    It's true these chicks were go go dancers. The former owner of my copy had stacked a magazine clipping in the sleeve with a picture of them dancing topless while on stage with the Black & White band ha ha. The sitar tracks are okay but the best one is this darker slow burner with strange effects. Never seen it on ebay but I haven't been looking. What does it fetch?

yeah the slow one is my fave too.

i`ve seen them go between 40 and 120 euro. rather unstable i`d say.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Hello Grope
    sorry if you covered the following before, and for the trivial little dude nature of the questions:

John Thomas and Lifeforce - 3000 Worlds and Devil Dance
    Monika Linges - Floating
    all on Nabel
    How to tell if my copies are 1st/2nd press or re-issue?

Same question on Wolfgang Dauner - Rischkas Soul
    the label shows 2 matrix numbers....

Joerg Reiter and Band - Fun Key on Intersound
    was this issued anywhere else?

Deiter Reith - Knockout
    my copy says licensed to EMI-Holland
    What label is the original German issue?

Horst Jankowski
    'Mr Black Forest' on Decca has a 3' 09" version of Planet der Liebe
    I have a Spots lp with 27" and 30" versions
    Are there any other edit/extended versions around?

Thanks

• It seems this one has been recorded and only pressed in Brazil.
    Despite the title, "O melhor de Peter Thomas", it's not a comp.

So... hot or not ???

Also need knowledge about hot and groovy german OST, like, "Das unsichtbare Visier", "Heisse Spur", "Engelchen", "Helga und Michael"...

• blockoblocko 43 Posts
    Hello Grope
    sorry if you covered the following before, and for the trivial little dude nature of the questions:

first press is the green brain metronome label / 1016

Deiter Reith - Knockout
    my copy says licensed to EMI-Holland
    What label is the original German issue?

original is MPS

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Hello Grope

Monika Linges - Floating
    all on Nabel

If I may chime in: I think the john thomas ones haven't been repressed. the monika linges has three pressings, the OG has a totally different cover with her on the cover in some crazy colors. the 2nd issue (also from the early 80's) shows the ocean on a picture and that cover was also used for the repress from the early 90's.
    It's funny, as monika is living in my city and she is teaching here at a private music school. I think she converted to some religious sectarian group. the nabel label is also here, already went to the guy who runs it, but he is out of og pressings

Monika Linges - Floating
    all on Nabel

If I may chime in: I think the john thomas ones haven't been repressed. the monika linges has three pressings, the OG has a totally different cover with her on the cover in some crazy colors. the 2nd issue (also from the early 80's) shows the ocean on a picture and that cover was also used for the repress from the early 90's.
    It's funny, as monika is living in my city and she is teaching here at a private music school. I think she converted to some religious sectarian group. the nabel label is also here, already went to the guy who runs it, but he is out of og pressings
    thanks Blocko and S.Dojah
    Strange about the John Thomas not getting repressed....
    both them and the Monika Linges turned up in small mint quantities in London in around 1990 which is when I copped. I always assumed they were represses, as the originals were extremely sought-after for about 6 months at that time

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

The green brain label is the first pressing on brain, not the first pressing of rischkas soul, isn??t it?

• blockoblocko 43 Posts

The green brain label is the first pressing on brain, not the first pressing of rischkas soul, isn??t it?

the private pressed "rischka`s light faces" has different titles though. are you referring to that one?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

rishkas soul is a repressing of some private pressing rares of dauner. the brain pressing is like a compilation i guess. coming from two private pressings. seen at the ARC last year for 1000 and 800 Euros.

Das Unsichtbares Visier was supposed to be a James Bond movie out of the GDR. With M??ller-Stahl as James Bond. Never went beyond a premovie though. M??ller-Stahl (he's big in the US, right?) said that he never liked the idea...

engelchen is not good IMO. cheap to get over here.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Joerg Reiter and Band - Fun Key on Intersound
    was this issued anywhere else?

i don't think so...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    "Heisse Spur", "Helga und Michael"...

also a GDR production. i don't like it at all. by the same musician as das unsichtbare vieier. Amiga label turdiness.

Helga und Michael? sounds like schlager music. never heard of it. not that deep into OSTs.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    It seems this one has been recorded and only pressed in Brazil.
    Despite the title, "O melhor de Peter Thomas", it's not a comp.

So... hot or not ???

peter thomas? brazil? ia have no clue. i don't have any peter thomas record.

rishkas soul is a repressing of some private pressing rares of dauner. the brain pressing is like a compilation i guess. coming from two private pressings. seen at the ARC last year for 1000 and 800 Euros.

thanks Grope
    Thats a lot of euros....
    btw, what happened to the Glucklich series? Is it over?
    They make for good in-car entertainment. We need more of that series.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

thanks Grope
    Thats a lot of euros....

i don't know. weren't they jazzanova related? jazzanova and freinds put out good compilations all the time. i traded records with guys from berlin that were all over the euro brazil thing...

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

thanks Grope
    Thats a lot of euros....

i don't know. weren't they jazzanova related? jazzanova and freinds put out good compilations all the time. i traded records with guys from berlin that were all over the euro brazil thing...

No, they were compiled by Reiner Tr??by and released on Compost Rec. If he should put together a new compilation it's more likely to consist of house music. That's more his thing today.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

thanks Grope
    Thats a lot of euros....

No, they were compiled by Reiner Tr??by and released on Compost Rec. If he should put together a new compilation it's more likely to consist of house music. That's more his thing today.

well it`s true that he is playing a lot of house nowerdays, but that doesnt mean he has lost his interest in jazz/brasil etc.. He recently compiled a nice cd for compost that features some rare goodies, called "maiden voyage".
    rainer is one of the few heads out there that after all those years still care about good music, whether it be jazz, soul, house or anything related.
    his collection is beyond belief.

• can you get me a Cindy Und Bert "Hund Der Baskerville" for around 10 US dollars?
    thanks!

ha - -what a monster tune!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    can you get me a Cindy Und Bert "Hund Der Baskerville" for around 10 US dollars?
    thanks!

i never listened to it. missed to buy it for cheap twice... big mistake? i usually don't look for 45s.

"Helga und Michael"...

Has some charm because it was one of the first of those care free sex movies as they made 'm in germany. Soundtrack has not much to offer IMO. I think one short beat track, rest is vocal pop, not that good. But a nice artefact of the time. I don't think germany had that many good movie soundtracks released on vinyl.

The mentioned Walter Kubiczek's are excellent though. Outstanding easy listening exotica funk. Nothing really wrong with it if you don't mind cheese and with killer covers.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    "Helga und Michael"...

Has some charm because it was one of the first of those care free sex movies as they made 'm in germany. Soundtrack has not much to offer IMO. I think one short beat track, rest is vocal pop, not that good. But a nice artefact of the time. I don't think germany had that many good movie soundtracks released on vinyl.

• can you get me a Cindy Und Bert "Hund Der Baskerville" for around 10 US dollars?
    thanks!

i never listened to it. missed to buy it for cheap twice... big mistake? i usually don't look for 45s.

Big mistake, for sure...

...also don't dig Peter Thomas stuff !

"Helga und Michael"...

are you mute now?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

are you mute now?

what do you mean?

• "Helga und Michael"...
    At least worth a listen, and cover smells 70's sex before removal pubis hair...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

...also don't dig Peter Thomas stuff !

he's got some nice 45s... and i like the orion soundtrack. but otherwise...

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    the petards ?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    the petards ?

I have a 45 of theirs, forget the name... funky rock ish with an okay guitar break.