Ask me about German records pt. 3

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Bored again. Will return from the botanical garden in 2 hours. will try to answer any questions then.i remember one about some krautrock cd reissue label. if there were original records to them or not. i never had a chance to ask my delaer friend about it. sorry!

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I have a question: what's the dopest, cheapest, funkiest German record that I don't know about?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    well, after all it totally depends on the price. just found a copy of melon men live at the studio for 3 euros... it usually goes for 50 euros

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    WHY DID KLAUS WUNDERLICH JAMES LAST AND FREDDY BRECK NEVER TEAM UP DO A RECORD TOGETHER????? THAT WOULD HAD BEEN =

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Plemo?

Free your ass, your mind will follow?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I have the final 3 missus beastly albums, what is the first one like?

what is the first press of that knef...

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    and what about flexi Klaus Doldinger 45's ?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    and what about flexi Klaus Doldinger 45's ?

thats crap, worth 1 euro. ill give you two.

you buy tonight.
    batch

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    manfred krug info!

• ive got 1,5 ("uber feuher"= : ) + 8 of the Amiga "HALLO" comps -- any others with any thing good on to warrant picking them up??? cheers.

• how much is that Panta Rhei s/t LP on Amiga worth? (not the shitty one on pepita)

-- i keep getting out bid on that bastard....

you buy tonight.
    batch

wha choo know bout Marek Grechuta fool?

you buy tonight.
    batch

i know you trade it for a Polnareff.

you buy tonight.
    batch

i know you trade it for a Polnareff.

Instrumentalia is in the building.

dope album with a pink cover.

prepare yourself.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I have the final 3 missus beastly albums, what is the first one like?

what is the first press of that knef...

the first missus beastly is totally different. better than the others. organ madness. recorded in a church. the first pressing is a red covered one. very expensive. second pressing is on OPP. black cover. nara esst incense is the title. really good IMO.

the dr. aftershave is probably EMBRYO, not missus beastly. people say it's supposed to be an homage to missus beastly.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Do you know of the group "Afrodisia"?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    manfred krug info!

he's actually more an actor than a singer. the music came from gdr musicians like g??nther fischer. manfred is a crazy guy. he sung for some german celbrities who preffered to drink champagne instead of watching him perform. he flipped out and left the stage, insulting his friends... he also beat up a guy driving infront of him at a red light, because he thought he was driving too slow.

his brother used to have an antiques shop in stuttgart.

i can't stand manfred krug. his german lyrics are kinda nice, but i think he's a bad singer.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

a german band? i remember some cover with the name afrodisia on it. blue one? kinda psychedelic?

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts
    Grope, do you know a record called Samba Soul Beat by a group named Black & White?

The record Hard Rock by the Hard Rockers has the track Afro Rock which seems to come from another session altogether. Do you know it? What's the deal?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

schnig!

a german band? i remember some cover with the name afrodisia on it. blue one? kinda psychedelic?

Mixed German band, with Black members either military or expat.

I have a tune of theirs on a kraut compilation from the 70s but nothing else. The tune is great.... I'd love to hear more. I got some playbills in the sleeve that indicated they had more material.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I have a tune of theirs on a kraut compilation from the 70s but nothing else. The tune is great.... I'd love to hear more. I got some playbills in the sleeve that indicated they had more material.

rock aus der alten schule?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Grope, do you know a record called Samba Soul Beat by a group named Black & White?

never heard of it... if it is 45 coming from a german beat group i might know who to ask though. do you need the record?

The record Hard Rock by the Hard Rockers has the track Afro Rock which seems to come from another session altogether. Do you know it? What's the deal?

you asked about it last time... i still don't know.

yep.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

never heard of it... if it is 45 coming from a german beat group i might know who to ask though. do you need the record?

I've got "Afro Rock" on the LP "Ken James & His Rockers". Rumor has it that it is a leftover from the Staff Carpenborg session, although i doubt that.

@pencilface: Hallo 6 has some decent moments as well. The OG Pantha Rhei on Amiga shouldnt cost more than 20??? (according to the man Grope, no amiga should cost more. Made that my rule too. Thats why i cant get the electra one, haha.)

@Grope: have you heard of a record called "Musik schafft kontakte"? Private press from Krefeld from 1977 or so, live concert in a church. mostly blockf??tenkreis performing, but there is one track called "Soul improvisation" by a local project from the local music school which is semi heat. And noone knows it....

add: Manfred Krug was known to be grumpy while on stage. I like his stuff alot, as i grew up with it, even his shitty voice. the track "morgen" is really dope, it is on youtube and was never released on the OG Lp's....

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

yep.

i remember seeing a cover by a band called afrodisia at a record fair.

one member was Darnell Stephen Summers

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

@Grope: have you heard of a record called "Musik schafft kontakte"? Private press from Krefeld from 1977 or so, live concert in a church. mostly blockf??tenkreis performing, but there is one track called "Soul improvisation" by a local project from the local music school which is semi heat. And noone knows it....

i'm getting deeper and deeper into the german church record thing. there are plenty of good blockfl??ten records. i'm not joking. some of those nerdy bible guys had VEEEERY psychie moments. musik schafft kontakte was released on a bigger label though, right? i've seen the lp. i doubt that i have it. must check...

Ha, sorry about that.

Samba soul beat is a LP. I do have it and would really like to know more about it. One of those records you really never hear anything about while it's pretty dope. I think you would personally hate it though (ha ha). Wanna be psychedelic pop with sitar and amateur singing mixing... well, samba, sould and beat.

I've got "Afro Rock" on the LP "Ken James & His Rockers". Rumor has it that it is a leftover from the Staff Carpenborg session, although i doubt that.

I'm not suprised it turned up on other records too. It really can't be from that same session. I mean, it has female grunting and sax. I like that track a lot and wished it was ripped from some elpee or something so there would be more.

add: Manfred Krug was known to be grumpy while on stage. I like his stuff alot, as i grew up with it, even his shitty voice. the track "morgen" is really dope, it is on youtube and was never released on the OG Lp's....

I love it too. Really solid records but I can imagine people hating it. Uschi Bruning's similar record is excellent too.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    it was released by the local music school. i called them to see if they have archive copies, but nope. it is not that bibly, just more like a music school concert recorded. the cover is also dope...