Ask me about German records pt. 3

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

one member was Darnell Stephen Summers

just read an interview with him. he was in the army. stationed in frankfurt. gave a concert. said: "listen, today is the birthday of america. there is nothing to celebrate for us. george washington had slaves!" he was a black activist and is still a member of the VVAW-AI/Stop The War Brigade.

army officers found out who he was and arrested him while he was an army soldier in vietnam. they brought him back to amercia and tried to charge him with a murder. they already submitted the case to the court 14 years before. but they let him go then, because the only witness had to admit that the police commanded him to say that mr. summers shot a police officer. in fact, the witness didn't see anything. they had to withdraw the case for a second time in 1982. stephen summers lives in germany now.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

one member was Darnell Stephen Summers

from a flyer on the internet

Musik:
    Rap-Musik von Darnell Stephen Summers und Sam Johnson, Vietnam Veterans against War, STOP THE WAR BRIGADE, Berlin

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Cool thread.

Do you have any info on:

The Soulful Dynamics... (we are running)

Donnie Burks... (dollar bin ish)

The Gus Brendel Group... (super dufte )

P.S. How was your stroll through the botanical gardens?

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    Have you ever turned up Mac Machine? and can you describe it? Is it good all the way or is it just one or two interesting tracks? I only know it from having seen it on lists and I'm abit curious.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Have you ever turned up Mac Machine? and can you describe it? Is it good all the way or is it just one or two interesting tracks? I only know it from having seen it on lists and I'm abit curious.

i've sold it on eBay. the record is terrible moder soul IMO. fusion rap. turdy!

can be found for 10 euros over here!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

P.S. How was your stroll through the botanical gardens?

i was guiding a tour. 14-year-old kids from high school. i'm telling kids about botany. including drugs and alcoholic related things that can be extracted from plants. the young lady teacher today told me to stop... because i'm not supposed to talk to them about stuff like that. BUT IT'S ALL PART OF BOTANY!!! WHAT CAN I DO?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Cool thread.

Do you have any info on:

The Soulful Dynamics... (we are running)

Donnie Burks... (dollar bin ish)

The Gus Brendel Group... (super dufte )

soulful dynamics?

donnie burks?

gus brendel? he recorded lots of crap. BUT there are some very good libraries by him.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I have a question: what's the dopest, cheapest, funkiest German record that I don't know about?

list the ones you know.

• What are some afro music from Germany apart from Kapingdi (spelling?), Asiko and Mombasa?

Did you ever hear that german Frimpong record that was on ebay a week ago?

Peace,

Dress

soulful dynamics?

donnie burks?

gus brendel? he recorded lots of crap. BUT there are some very good libraries by him.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    What are some afro music from Germany apart from Kapingdi (spelling?), Asiko and Mombasa?

Did you ever hear that german Frimpong record that was on ebay a week ago?

Peace,

Dress

frimpong? no...
    frank has some tracks in his mixes. check his blog...

there are tons of german/african records. a well known one: ikwezi

a colletro friend brought a totally random looking african record to my place. recorded in bremen. a 16 year-old singing like a 70 year-old blues musican. sounded like asiko. i forgot the name though. frank?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

soulful dynamics?

donnie burks?

you dare to play a soulfuldynamics/donnieburks-ONLY set on the eurosoulstrut? plaese???

soulful dynamics?

donnie burks?

you dare to play a soulfuldynamics/donnieburks-ONLY set on the eurosoulstrut? plaese???

we are running. funky funky woman.

thats it. not much of a set.

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts
    A while back I found some private German electronic/new age records. Now I know the zen scene in Germany was (is?) huge so I thought there must be way more then this, private electronic stuff from around '80. The ones I bought had nice texture to the music with instruments added. The excellent ones were: Touch - Traumwer1, Hardy Kukuk - Atemnot, Wolfgang duren - Eyeless dreams, Rolf Trostel - Inselnmusic. Now what will be the question? I guess, maybe you can tell a bit about this "scene"? Do you see the mentioned records in germany?

Also, maybe I'm being stupid, but is Embryo - Anthology just a comp or has it unreleased stuff?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    A while back I found some private German electronic/new age records. Now I know the zen scene in Germany was (is?) huge so I thought there must be way more then this, private electronic stuff from around '80. The ones I bought had nice texture to the music with instruments added. The excellent ones were: Touch - Traumwer1, Hardy Kukuk - Atemnot, Wolfgang duren - Eyeless dreams, Rolf Trostel - Inselnmusic. Now what will be the question? I guess, maybe you can tell a bit about this "scene"? Do you see the mentioned records in germany?

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    Is Douglas Lucas (JJ Band, SSO) featured on one of the Mombasa albums?

Is there any demand for the later (black labels, different covers) pressings of Klaus Schulze's Irrlicht & Cyborg Lp's?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Is Douglas Lucas (JJ Band, SSO) featured on one of the Mombasa albums?

i think so. on the first two...

Is there any demand for the later (black labels, different covers) pressings of Klaus Schulze's Irrlicht & Cyborg Lp's?

i doubt it.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    What will it take me to get a damn Inner Space - Kama Sutra/Nightingale 45?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    never seen any inner life 45! never ever!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I saw this record called Touch of Music by a German group, and was wondering if it was worthwhile musically.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    do any of these have breaks on them?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I saw this record called Touch of Music by a German group, and was wondering if it was worthwhile musically.

the blackbirds on opp? it's okay. not totally great, but good. i like it. some tracks appear on the much cheaper "snake in the grass" lp on OPP. even the funkiest track. but not the psych/prog-y ones.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

- spidey

that was supposed to be a real life issue...

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

I'm Hiding my Nightingale is the true

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts

What does this mean? This board is too advanced for me.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    can you get me a Cindy Und Bert "Hund Der Baskerville" for around 10 US dollars?
    thanks!

• blockoblocko 43 Posts
    hello soulstrut,
    time to contribute for me. i live in hamburg and can pitch in some facts here.

samba soul beat was conducted by Carlos Fendeira. the two girls on the cover were actually go go dancers and were more known for their nude dancing than their singing skills.

another good one on the Amiga label is Uve Schikoras Gewitter lp.

greetings to everybody- and now that i figured out how to post will do so more frequently.