Biz Markie 'Stomping Grounds' documentary

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I got this promo emailed to me earlier. I thought some of you would want to check it out.SCION DEBUTS ITS SECOND DOCUMENTARY ON 'BROADBAND'Film follows Biz Markie on a tour of his childhood 'Stomping Grounds'LOS ANGELES, CA - Scion Broadband has just launched the documentary'Stomping Grounds' featuring New York's legendary emcee Biz Markie. Thehalf-hour film, produced by lifestyle marketing firm Inform Ventures,follows the celebrity as they tour their old neighborhood using a Scion astheir tour bus.Viewers will be delighted by Biz Markie's story and the places that madehim...him. Biz's tour of his stomping grounds, which span his childhood andearly recording years, include the places that helped to promote his uniquehip-hop style. The revealing tour delivers an authentic perspective into theartist's back-story.To view the film visit the following site and look for "Stomping Grounds":http://www.scion.com/broadband

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• That bike at 8:00?

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Seeing Biz in a scion is funny as hell.
    Fat guy in a little car.

Great doc though.

• Nice video

Biz is one of the most underrated hip-hop artist of all time

• Nice video

so much so that I had never heard of him until this video. He any good? I know some of those other guys in the video like Big Daddy Kane, but I guess I slept on Biz. Any reccomendations for an album I should start with?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Nice video

so much so that I had never heard of him until this video. He any good? I know some of those other guys in the video like Big Daddy Kane, but I guess I slept on Biz. Any reccomendations for an album I should start with?

LOL! Very funny. You got jokes Controller7.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Nice video

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Fat guy in a little car.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Nice video

"You're Just My Friend" is mad slept on.

• oh, I think I've heard that one. It's got the piano in the song right? And maybe some drums. Oh yeah, ha ha. That dude's rad.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I love Biz. He was on that positive vibe before anyone else and still is.Who else could of come up with "Pickin buggers"/ He is a genius. I love that guy such a positive vibe . That;s what hip hop i slacking.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    I love Biz. He was on that positive vibe before anyone else and still is.Who else could of come up with "Pickin buggers"/ He is a genius. I love that guy such a positive vibe . That;s what hip hop i slacking.

Big Daddy Kane.??? Was he not responsible for this one...

• Who else could of come up with "Pickin buggers"[/b]

• That;s what hip hop i slacking.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Biz=the realest/funniest/most entertaining man ever.
    Dude needs his own reality show.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Big Daddy Kane.??? Was he not responsible for this one...
    Yeah, actually, now that I checked the credits his name is in there....damn that's a pretty big surprise. Wonder what he's responsable for in there...

• Big Daddy Kane.??? Was he not responsible for this one...
    Yeah, actually, now that I checked the credits his name is in there....damn that's a pretty big surprise. Wonder what he's responsable for in there...

I read that Kane wrote all the material for Roxanne Shante's pre-Cold Chillin' releases and also Make The Music/Nobbody Beats The Biz tracks. I think Kool G Rap also wrote lyrics for Biz and Shante' also.

Perhaps the Juice Crew movie will reveal more

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

The video was dope (yeah, I'm old school!!!). Biz is one of my favorite hip-hop cats of all time, infinite realness.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak