The Official Breaking Bad Thread

124»

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Your interpretation was on point.
    I just saw a preview of the next episode, it is in reference to Gus

Edit: The previous episode where the cousins destroy that truck is what threw me off.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    maybe my interpretation of the final scene was off. any other takes?

I think you're right. Basically the text means drop what you're doing and go the the 'chicken man'. Right now. Cousins seem like they're pretty good at following orders.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    interesting, i didnt realize the word had that connotation .mind you gil scott heron talks about that in "alien"--- how the mexican illegals are considered "chickens to be plucked".

maybe my interpretation of the final scene was off. any other takes?

Walter receives the exact same text in episode 1. Clearly POLLOS is code for Pollos Hermanos aka the restaurant in which to meet Gus. Gus has major weight in the game, but as the spoiler clip for episode 3 shows, he has limitations.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Looks like Jesse is taking it to the next level
    buying the house was straight

Just watched the last episode, that was by far my favorite part.

so one thing I wasn't sure about - were we to assume his parents had found
    cash he had stashed in the wall and used it to pay for the renovations?

In that case, turnabout was even better fair play.

so one thing I wasn't sure about - were we to assume his parents had found
    cash he had stashed in the wall and used it to pay for the renovations?

Wait, what cash? Walter had cash in the wall, but Pinkman's money was seized by the DEA after the Tuco situation. Jesse was bust until they started moving a little product in mid-season 2.

No, I think the point is that Jesse's parents put about 400K into the renovating the house, including fixing all the fu?ked up shit due to Walt and Jesse's misadventures (melted gangster, anyone?). Whether they deserved it or not, they looked to make a pretty good payday off flipping the property for ~875K but Jesse managed to leave them flat even. Better call Saul.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Wait, what cash? Walter had cash in the wall, but Pinkman's money was seized by the DEA after the Tuco situation. Jesse was bust until they started moving a little product in mid-season 2.

No, I think the point is that Jesse's parents put about 400K into the renovating the house, including fixing all the fu?ked up shit due to Walt and Jesse's misadventures (melted gangster, anyone?). Whether they deserved it or not, they looked to make a pretty good payday off flipping the property for ~875K but Jesse managed to leave them flat even. Better call Saul.

Well, my memory of season 2 details is clearly nowhere near yours, I just theorized based on Jesse's specifically saying something about "you tore out the bathroom wall?" and started for the house at that point, no? As if he were there to pick up some stashed cash in the first place - but as I say, apparently you have the details down more than me so I guess I was just reading too much into it. It would have been sweet though if we were to think that his parents had found stashed drug money and decided to use it for themselves, but then lost the ability to profit when Saul exposed the unreported meth lab. It just seemed like the kind of clever twist I expect from the writers.

the kind of clever twist I expect from the writers.

Those motherfu?kers are ten steps ahead of you or I. God I love this show.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

lol
    tons of great photos on the bettercallsaul.com site

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

love it

Well played, Sky.

• that was ice cold. did she do that so walter would hate her and want to grant her a divorce? was it revenge for him moving back or being a meth cook?

that was ice cold. did she do that so walter would hate her and want to grant her a divorce? was it revenge for him moving back or being a meth cook?

I'm pretty sure it was all of those things.

that was ice cold.

Kelvin.

that was ice cold. did she do that so walter would hate her and want to grant her a divorce? was it revenge for him moving back or being a meth cook?

she already went to the dark side by being complicit in her boss' accounting fraud. i think she realized that she's a hypocrite and so just went with the whole breaking bad theme.

jesse has basically done the same thing by accepting that he is a bad guy.

is hank next?

• she already went to the dark side by being complicit in her boss' accounting fraud. i think she realized that she's a hypocrite and so just went with the whole breaking bad theme. jesse has basically done the same thing by accepting that he is a bad guy.

i never thought of it in those terms but now that you mention it, that makes complete sense.

is hank next?

he is one of the best characters on that show and by default ever.

is he cracking up? did he feel like he needed to prove to himself that he wasn;t afraid of anything or anybody after freaking out over the turtle head and pulling strings to get himself sent back home?

Yeah. Something huge is gonna happen with Hank. I have no idea what, but I just have this feeling.

Hank's Blog

Yeah. Something huge is gonna happen with Hank. I have no idea what, but I just have this feeling.

Hank's Blog

SUNSET.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I thought this was the Bacon Bread thread.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    EL NOMBRE DE LA GENTE ES "HANK SCHRADER"

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Love this show. There are some side characters that are a bit quirky like Jesse's old gang of corner kids.

Overall this is def one of the best shows on

• Damn! what an episode! One of the best yet!

Love how the tension just builds and builds this season. That whole scene on the junkyard was fusking nerve-racking!

The shit is going to hit the fan real soon in Albuquerque...

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Oh yeah and that pizza throwing fit was great.
    Someone on here has it as their avatar I think

• i loved when one of jesse's boys goes "uh, that's heisenberg"

btw, the actor that plays walt's new assistant is EVERYWHERE

Love this show. There are some side characters that are a bit quirky like Jesse's old gang of corner kids.

walt jr. is the worst. i know he is disabled but its tough to be sympathetic for such a bad actor.

i enjoyed this last episode but it wasn't consistent with the rest of the season. why would the pollo's guy make any concessions to those 2 thugs or even allow them to disrespect him? i understand those guys are ruthless but there is supposed to be a hierarchy. also, the whole jesse situation is getting too far fetched. he's not the total dumbass in other seasons/episodes that they made him here. hank has also been shown to be good at his job but yet suddenly falls for the your-wife-is-in-the-hospital trick?

this is my favorite show on tv but i'm questioning where this can go from here? my guess is that hank kills the 2 thugs in the next episode or two and/or arrests jesse. there is no way hank is getting killed, he is the only redeeming character left. although...that could be the reason for killing him off.

Bump for nostalgia. I'm going to miss the show, it's been a hell of a ride. I thought it would be interesting to see what folks thought about it back in the day. If you have comments about the current season, you should probably post them in The Season 5 thread.