The Official Breaking Bad Thread

Comments

• man, sundays episode was slow.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    yeah so was number 3 i think.. first 2 were insaaaaane, can't keep that kinda shit up forever without filling out the characters. I got no problem with it.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    User = Great Blue Hills.

sorry, getting a bit cross-referential. He taught me a new swear word today.

right, the whole magical cauliflower internet powers thing, gotcha.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts

we need a pimp luscious in church graemlin up in here for when shhhhh just isn't quite enough...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    man, sundays episode was slow.

It seemed like there was a lot of unspoken drama. Things will probably pick up once they start cooking meth again.

• I'd agree ep. 5 was slow but no less entertaining. The intervention scene was extremely well done and blackly comic as is par. How terminal illness affects families is as central a theme to the show as the bad stuff Walt gets into. And hey, the ep still had meth cooking scenes.

The DEA Uncle really is a great character.

• missed last weeks, but this weeks ep was pretty explosive

• beatlustbeatlust 142 Posts
    You can watch the first two episodes on-line:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/

i cant get the videos to play plaese to help..sounds like a good show, i live in the southwest (four corners) and meth here is the biggest drug problem we face..
    maybe the video is broken are there other online spots for full episodes?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    hit up the TORRENTZ

can't wait until tonite's episode is on 10 pm PST

thanks, i got it to work though..

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    great episode last nite but damn next week is the season finale

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Don't mess with fulminated mercury!

wow just watched episodes 1 and 2 and that was kinda wild.. malcoms dad can act!

• great episode last nite but damn next week is the season finale

Really? That sucks.

Last night's episode was great.

• I dug the sort of bossa song that played during the meth slinging montage...couldn't tell if it was an old tune or something recent.

I dug the sort of bossa song that played during the meth slinging montage...couldn't tell if it was an old tune or something recent.

They use that song on Adult Swim on cartoon network sometimes. I can't remember which show it appeared on first, I think it was Harvey Birdman. I could be wrong, but I think in one of their bumps they said it came from the Warner music library.

And last night's show was definitely

• Walter White is

• T**, did you know Bryan Cranston = "Tim Whatley" ("You anti-Dentite bastard"). Haha.

T**, did you know Bryan Cranston = "Tim Whatley" ("You anti-Dentite bastard"). Haha.

Ha ha, I forgot about that. I've been getting back into Seinfeld lately since they changed what time Futurama reruns air.

Here's a pretty good quote from an L.A. Times blog about Breaking Bad:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2008/03/breaking-bad-bo.html

A few weeks ago, series creator Vince Gilligan shared with us the pitch he???d long ago given to various network executives about town: ???I said, ???This is a story of a Mr. Chips who transforms himself into Scarface.??? That???s about all I really know about the character ... (he???ll) undergo a complete transformation and turn into someone else completely.??????

Say hello to my little friend:

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

The DEA Uncle really is a great character.

co-sine

so is walter's slacker partner. that character could easily drift into an annoying place. but they write him really well.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    What was the chemistry of the fake piece of glass that was used as a bomb that didn't hurt anyone except the interior and glass of the building? That has many possibilities. Excellent show last night.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    There needs to be a show called "Dutty Wine Gone Wrong".

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    did this show get canceled?

did this show get canceled?

No, but with the strike they only made 7 of the 9 episode initial order. All the episodes have aired by this point, and they're not going to make more episodes until next season (if it happens). Unfortunately, the 7th episode was not meant to be the season finale so things kind of ended on a minor chord--I think if they knew the season was going to end early they probably should have ended it with the events in episode 6.

At this point the second season has not been ordered, but according to Tim Goodman it probably will be.

Big ups to Bryan Cranston for a much deserved Emmy. b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/potatoworthyyz3.gif" alt="" 21

• and bring on the second season already dammmnit!

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121and bring on the second season already dammmnit! b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121when is this supposed to start? any date yet?

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121and bring on the second season already dammmnit! b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121when is this supposed to start? any date yet? b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121I haven't seen a specific date yet, but early 2009 is likely. They're filming the episodes now, and I think most cable series don't air until after the whole series is in the can.

• damn!

anyone still watching???

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    yeah....shit is seriously thick right now....